Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Emirates 40kg allowance?

Emirates 40kg allowance?

Old Nov 29th 2006, 2:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

wafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond repute
Question Emirates 40kg allowance?

I know this topic has been done to death but I'd just like some clarification from people who have done this.

We're hoping to book a flight for mid to late December from Manchester to Perth. We were going to book with Singapore but there are no flights available so we'll more than likely be going with Emirates.

The price of flights for Emirates is cheaper through companies such as Travelbag and asdatravel etc than going through Emirates themselves (about £50 per ticket) so we'd like to book with Travelbag.

I have rang Emirates re the 40kg baggage allowance and we are fine to have it as long as we provide a copy of our visa's and the 40kg must be shown on the tickets, they tell me that if we book through an agent then they should also be able to put the 40kg on the ticket.

I rang Travelbag last night and was basically told that they could not put the 40kg on the tickets, however I've rang again this morning and spoken to someone who THINKS that we should be able to get it on the tickets through them, either way it doesn't sound very convincing.

Has anybody booked with Emirates through an agent such as Travelbag and got the 40kg on the tickets? If so did you have to send them a copy of your visa? Also did you get on the flight ok with the 40kg i.e. it wasn't refused at the airport?

I only wish Emirates had the same policy as Singapore Airlines as you can basically just turn up at the airport with an unused permanent visa with them and they'll allow the 40kg.

Anyone been through this situation?
Old Nov 29th 2006, 3:08 pm
An Official Visa Holder

toon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Emirates 40kg allowance?

Originally Posted by wafc
I know this topic has been done to death but I'd just like some clarification from people who have done this.

We're hoping to book a flight for mid to late December from Manchester to Perth. We were going to book with Singapore but there are no flights available so we'll more than likely be going with Emirates.

The price of flights for Emirates is cheaper through companies such as Travelbag and asdatravel etc than going through Emirates themselves (about £50 per ticket) so we'd like to book with Travelbag.

I have rang Emirates re the 40kg baggage allowance and we are fine to have it as long as we provide a copy of our visa's and the 40kg must be shown on the tickets, they tell me that if we book through an agent then they should also be able to put the 40kg on the ticket.

I rang Travelbag last night and was basically told that they could not put the 40kg on the tickets, however I've rang again this morning and spoken to someone who THINKS that we should be able to get it on the tickets through them, either way it doesn't sound very convincing.

Has anybody booked with Emirates through an agent such as Travelbag and got the 40kg on the tickets? If so did you have to send them a copy of your visa? Also did you get on the flight ok with the 40kg i.e. it wasn't refused at the airport?

I only wish Emirates had the same policy as Singapore Airlines as you can basically just turn up at the airport with an unused permanent visa with them and they'll allow the 40kg.

Well we are booked with Singapore AIrlines and just had an email comfirming the 40kgs allowance. But I would say doesnt matter who you book the tickets with once they are booked ring Emirates direct and they should alter your tickets to show you are allowed the extra allowance!!

Only tip would be to get it in email form from them to as there been alot of threads on people turning up at the airport and not being able to get the additional allowance!!
Old Nov 29th 2006, 3:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

wafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by toon williams
Well we are booked with Singapore AIrlines and just had an email comfirming the 40kgs allowance. But I would say doesnt matter who you book the tickets with once they are booked ring Emirates direct and they should alter your tickets to show you are allowed the extra allowance!!

Only tip would be to get it in email form from them to as there been alot of threads on people turning up at the airport and not being able to get the additional allowance!!
Emirates will not provide confirmation via email or writing and they have also stated that they cannot alter the tickets once booked, the 40kg must be on the tickets from the start.

If only they were as straight forward as Singapore Airlines!
Old Nov 29th 2006, 3:31 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

hi there i know this is off topic ..

we booked to fly out new years days and it saved us a fortune.lots cheaper than flying in December.

good luck anyway.

Aston
Old Nov 29th 2006, 3:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by aston man
hi there i know this is off topic ..

we booked to fly out new years days and it saved us a fortune.lots cheaper than flying in December.

good luck anyway.

Aston
Hi, We may have to go in the New Year ourselves if the house doesn't complete in time but we'd prefer to go as soon as poss if we can.

If anyone has experience of getting the Emirates 40kg through an agent, preferably Travelbag, I'd be grateful to know.

Thanks.
Old Nov 29th 2006, 3:50 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

have you tried ringing travelbag and asking to speak to a manager or supervisor,instead of talking to one of those robots that pick the phone up?
Old Nov 29th 2006, 3:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

have you tried ringing travelbag and asking to speak to a manager or supervisor,instead of talking to one of those robots that pick the phone up?
Not so far but it might be worth a go!
Old Nov 29th 2006, 3:58 pm
Banned

Not so far but it might be worth a go!
have a go,they will probably tell you that there is not one available but dont take no for an answer..

a manager should help you,if you speak to one of the robots,they get all confused if they haven't got a button to press with your answer on..

good luck,,

Aston
Old Nov 29th 2006, 6:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

have a go,they will probably tell you that there is not one available but dont take no for an answer..

a manager should help you,if you speak to one of the robots,they get all confused if they haven't got a button to press with your answer on..

good luck,,

Aston
Cheers, I probably will do that when I next speak to them.

Has anyone else booked Emirates tickets through an agent and managed to get the 40kg on their tickets?

My other worry is that if you book late on there might not be enough time for manual tickets to be sent out either.
Old Nov 29th 2006, 6:52 pm

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

I take it the 40 kg allowance is juston a one way ticket...we have booked with Emirates through Trailfinders. I have just checked all the documentation and cannot find anything about luggage allowance....Calling Trailfinders will be on my to do list tomorrow though

Where are you heading for in Perth?
Old Nov 29th 2006, 6:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Issie
I take it the 40 kg allowance is juston a one way ticket...we have booked with Emirates through Trailfinders. I have just checked all the documentation and cannot find anything about luggage allowance....Calling Trailfinders will be on my to do list tomorrow though

Where are you heading for in Perth?
Hi Issie, yes the 40kg only applies to one way tickets without a stopover on an unused visa.

We'll be stopping in Mindarie (NOR) with my grandfather initially.
Old Nov 29th 2006, 7:22 pm

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Issie, yes the 40kg only applies to one way tickets without a stopover on an unused visa.

We'll be stopping in Mindarie (NOR) with my grandfather initially.

We are validating in February and staying in Carine.

So when we move permantly we still will only get 20 kg luggage allowance as the visa has been used

My OH works in Ashton town centre not too far away from you.......He's the only person in Ashton who supports Saints so you might know of him
Old Nov 29th 2006, 7:59 pm
An Official Visa Holder

toon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond repute

So when we move permantly we still will only get 20 kg luggage allowance as the visa has been used

My OH works in Ashton town centre not too far away from you.......He's the only person in Ashton who supports Saints so you might know of him

We had already validated but did fight to get the 40kgs on our one way trip, which we have now got and has been confirmed by email twice now!!
Old Nov 29th 2006, 8:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

lol, it really is a small world! I've also just had a pm on here from someone who knows my OH's dad and is also from Wigan and is also in the process of migrating to Perth! There'll be no poms left over here soon!

Yeah sadly you will only get 20kgs when you go permanently. We may only get 20kg's if I cant get a travel agent to put the 40kg allowance on the ticket!
Old Nov 29th 2006, 8:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by toon williams
We had already validated but did fight to get the 40kgs on our one way trip, which we have now got and has been confirmed by email twice now!!
Nice one, that doesn't happen very often but it shows that it can be done!

Good on ya!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.