emirates ??????

Old Sep 18th 2006, 12:26 am
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute
Default emirates ??????

hiya all

has anyone flown with emirates???

i need to no can you book in at the airport the day before you fly ( like you can with b a)

also

can you ask for extra leg room seats when you get to the airport

also

how long before we fly should we get there to be able to pick our seats

thanks in advance for any answers

jan xx
Old Sep 18th 2006, 12:33 am
Nothing is Free!

Location: Seacliff Park, Adelaide. Call in for a drink and a bbq if your passin'
Rachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: emirates ??????

Originally Posted by robos
hiya all

i need to no can you book in at the airport the day before you fly ( like you can with b a)

also

also

jan xx
Hi Jan,
We flew with Emirates last year...............Fantastic!! we booked through Dial a Flight, do a search on the net for them, they are really helpful and will be able to answer all your questions.
We had to be at the airport 3.5hours before departure, but the time flies.

All the best with your new life on the Gold Coast!!!

Paul & Rachel
Old Sep 18th 2006, 12:36 am
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rachel & Paul
Hi Jan,
We flew with Emirates last year...............Fantastic!! we booked through Dial a Flight, do a search on the net for them, they are really helpful and will be able to answer all your questions.
We had to be at the airport 3.5hours before departure, but the time flies.

All the best with your new life on the Gold Coast!!!

Paul & Rachel
thanks !!!
just a bit worried about the leg room as the longest weve been on a plane is 4 hours and it was murder

jan xx
Old Sep 18th 2006, 12:42 am
Nothing is Free!

Location: Seacliff Park, Adelaide. Call in for a drink and a bbq if your passin'
Rachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of light

thanks !!!
just a bit worried about the leg room as the longest weve been on a plane is 4 hours and it was murder

jan xx
Our flight was split up into 3 7hour flights, manchester to Dubai, only there for 1.5 hours, then onto Singapore we were there for 1 hour then onto our destination, it gives you time to stretch your legs before setting off again.

Its a doddle, and you only have to go 1 way!!!!!!!!!!!

Paul
Old Sep 18th 2006, 12:50 am
one day rodders !!!

Originally Posted by Rachel & Paul
Our flight was split up into 3 7hour flights, manchester to Dubai, only there for 1.5 hours, then onto Singapore we were there for 1 hour then onto our destination, it gives you time to stretch your legs before setting off again.

Its a doddle, and you only have to go 1 way!!!!!!!!!!!

Paul
unfortunately we are only having one stop off for 2 hours at dubai then its all the way to brisbane

and

its not only one way (we havent sold up yet so we cant afford to stay)

jan xx
Old Sep 18th 2006, 1:21 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

I would check with the agent, I believe all UK-Brisbane flights stop both at Dubai and at Singapore. The Singapore stop isn't always 'noticeable' in online bookings.

unfortunately we are only having one stop off for 2 hours at dubai then its all the way to brisbane

and

its not only one way (we havent sold up yet so we cant afford to stay)

jan xx
Old Sep 18th 2006, 2:21 am
Livin it large

Mctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant future

hiya all

also

also

jan xx
Have a look at the Emirates website. You can check-in online (12 hours before flight), this allows you to get to the airport later, pick seats etc.

Always found Emirates flights to be over booked.
Old Sep 18th 2006, 2:24 am
Just Joined

Big_M is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah Emirates stop in at Singapore on way to Brissy at the mo!. No direct flights yet!.
Old Sep 20th 2006, 1:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

flip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud of

Get there as early as you possibly can. The queues are much easier earlier on and you have a better chance of negotiating seats (although please don't negotiate the bassinet seats away from people with babies) and blagging extra baggage (or at least reorganising your baggage when you have too much hand luggage - been there done that).

The flights with Emirates are fine unless you get someone very restless in front of you or someone talking over you from the aisle. We stopped for only an hour at Singapore and the kids got off with a friend and I stayed on board to reorganise the luggage and have half an hour without the kids. Bliss.
Old Sep 20th 2006, 8:46 pm
one day rodders !!!

Originally Posted by flip
Get there as early as you possibly can. The queues are much easier earlier on and you have a better chance of negotiating seats (although please don't negotiate the bassinet seats away from people with babies) and blagging extra baggage (or at least reorganising your baggage when you have too much hand luggage - been there done that).

The flights with Emirates are fine unless you get someone very restless in front of you or someone talking over you from the aisle. We stopped for only an hour at Singapore and the kids got off with a friend and I stayed on board to reorganise the luggage and have half an hour without the kids. Bliss.

thanks for the tips

thanks for all your replies

jan xx
Old Sep 21st 2006, 6:30 am
Forum Regular

lostpom is a glorious beacon of lightlostpom is a glorious beacon of lightlostpom is a glorious beacon of lightlostpom is a glorious beacon of lightlostpom is a glorious beacon of lightlostpom is a glorious beacon of lightlostpom is a glorious beacon of lightlostpom is a glorious beacon of lightlostpom is a glorious beacon of lightlostpom is a glorious beacon of lightlostpom is a glorious beacon of light

hiya all

also

also

jan xx
Hi Jan,

I can't answer your questions about booking etc.., but I can definitely recommend Emirates as an airline. I have tried to use them wherever possible in the last few years and they are always a pleasure to fly with - the food even in economy is first class !

cheers
Old Sep 21st 2006, 6:55 am
one day rodders !!!

Originally Posted by lostpom
Hi Jan,

I can't answer your questions about booking etc.., but I can definitely recommend Emirates as an airline. I have tried to use them wherever possible in the last few years and they are always a pleasure to fly with - the food even in economy is first class !

cheers

thanks thats good to know

jan xx
Old Sep 21st 2006, 8:16 am
BE Enthusiast

spaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to all
Red face Re: emirates ??????

HI,

We flew with emirates last month and they were fantastic. We only had 1 stop in Dubai for just over an hr and then all the way to Brisbane. We were me, hubby and 2 kids aged 12 and 7. It was great, kids stayed in seats no probs really comfortable, loads of games and films to choose from.

Tracey
x
Old Sep 21st 2006, 5:49 pm
one day rodders !!!

Originally Posted by spaceys
HI,

We flew with emirates last month and they were fantastic. We only had 1 stop in Dubai for just over an hr and then all the way to Brisbane. We were me, hubby and 2 kids aged 12 and 7. It was great, kids stayed in seats no probs really comfortable, loads of games and films to choose from.

Tracey
x
hi tracey

thanks for that

i thought that was the case as thats what is says on our flight details

jan xx
Old Sep 21st 2006, 8:07 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

thanks !!!

jan xx
Sorry this just cracked me up ie in comparison to us always thinking of 26 hour flights (direct) being hell. Whereas 4 hours is a trip around the M25 with hungry/overtired sunburnt wife/kids with car overheating and running empty is my idea of a 4 hour ordeal

Well at least if you plan it right you can do the trip to Oz in no longer than 7 hour flights - London - Dubai - Singapore - Brisbane/Sydney/Melbourne.

The aircraft UK to Dubai is far superior to the planes from Dubai to Singapore/Oz - not that there is anything wrong with them but just enjoy the first leg

I think the precheckin depends on the airport and whether you are checking in with kids - suggest you call emirates at relevant airport - think also it is limited to 10 hours prior - but cant remember back

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.