Wikiposts

Emirates

Old Jul 13th 2004, 12:54 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Originally posted by Simone
Yes...Dont actually come right out and ask for the upgrade. Just go SFU (suitable for upgrade) Dress as smartly as you can bear for the long flight. Smile and PRAY! You can always change when you get onboard if the buggers dont upgrade you!
Thanks.

Hmm, hope they don't see our legs behind the incheck desk!
I will be wearing jeans and docter martens, and Pascal jeans and adidas sneakers.
We've got suit things, but no shoes to match(leaving behind), so not wearing that.

Oh well, I don't actually mind economy. We're short, that helps for one. [/QUOTE]
Simone
ask for the seats near the emergency exit you will have more legroom.
Old Jul 13th 2004, 12:31 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Pollyana
Some things don't change then! The Emirates staff in Dubai were the rudest and most unhelpful I've encountered anywhere!
S*it, I've just remembered something.

All the prams and strollers from the UK to Dubai leg were stolen, including our double buggy.

We got $300 compensation but it caused a lot of hassle during our stopover at the time.
Old Jul 13th 2004, 12:33 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by lucyb
[

We're going to try and get an update to Business class...
Check in early, ask them if plane is full. Look tidy, no kids...
Anyone got any experience/tips??

Yes...Dont actually come right out and ask for the upgrade. Just go SFU (suitable for upgrade) Dress as smartly as you can bear for the long flight. Smile and PRAY! You can always change when you get onboard if the buggers dont upgrade you! [/QUOTE]

Make sure you enrol in the Emirates Skywards scheme before you go. This worked for my Mrs when she needed to go back for a funeral.
Old Jul 13th 2004, 3:14 pm
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Emirates

Originally posted by debsy
Yes I know that there have been loads of threads about this before, but there are loads of newbies now who might have some input to make.

I know Pollyana had a rotten time with Emirates, and I am not really looking forward to flying with them. However, they offered us 50 kilos each and 50% discount for the kids so we could not refuse.

We have flown with Singapore twice and they are fantastic but they only offered 20 k
All comments welcome

We flew one way with emirates to Melbourne with many stops with them en route (our request) and I could not fault anything. They are renowned for onboard service.

Would be my choice every time

Regards

Jo