Wikiposts

Emirates

Old Jul 12th 2004, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

smwtorrington is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Emirates

On the daily dubai- sydney route (and from 1st August Dubai to Melbourne) , which is the longest part of the flight, emirates use the new airbus, i think its a340-500 ?? which is fantastic, flew on only its second flight in December to Sydney, over 200 film channels, loads of games almost unlimited music channels, wider seats (2-4-2 even in economy means its great if there is only two of you) and the wife liked the pretty stars on the ceiling of the plane to resemble night time. Flown with loads of other airlines but now hooked on Emirates it was that good !

Doesnt fly on eithier the dubai to brisbane or perth routes just sydney and melbourne.

regards

Scott
Old Jul 12th 2004, 8:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Muzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant future

Airbus 340- 500? Is that the one with 4 engines..

if so, that plane flies to Perth too.
Old Jul 12th 2004, 9:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Originally posted by moneypen20
Debsy

Nothing to do with planes, but whereabouts on gold coast you off to?
Broadbeach/Burgleigh Heads - you?
Old Jul 12th 2004, 9:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all
Default Re: Emirates

Originally posted by smwtorrington

Doesnt fly on eithier the dubai to brisbane or perth routes just sydney and melbourne.

regards

Scott
Oh
Old Jul 12th 2004, 9:15 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Think you'll have more luck than I did Debsy, Dubai airport has been vastly upgraded for a start.
I still wouldn't use them again - strange how impressions last, isn't it!

Might pop down to see you sometime when you get here and we can compare notes on the service!
Old Jul 12th 2004, 9:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Pollyana
Think you'll have more luck than I did Debsy, Dubai airport has been vastly upgraded for a start.
I still wouldn't use them again - strange how impressions last, isn't it!

Might pop down to see you sometime when you get here and we can compare notes on the service!
Hope so Poll

You had better do that girl I am looking forward to seeing you.

If Singapore offered the luggage though I would book with them like a shot as the Emirates staff in the Istanbul office are very rude
Old Jul 12th 2004, 9:23 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Some things don't change then! The Emirates staff in Dubai were the rudest and most unhelpful I've encountered anywhere!
Old Jul 12th 2004, 11:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Pollyana
Some things don't change then! The Emirates staff in Dubai were the rudest and most unhelpful I've encountered anywhere!
Yeh they are untrue What can you do though when they offer 50 kilos I did make the booking direct but have been able to transfer it to an agent so that I don't have to deal with them.
Old Jul 13th 2004, 12:11 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by debsy
Broadbeach/Burgleigh Heads - you?
Not 100% sure at the moment. Will decide when we validate next summer.
Old Jul 13th 2004, 12:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Innyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud of

Whats the nosh and entertainment like renth?
You get noshed ?!! Jesus, these airlines are becoming competitive.......
Old Jul 13th 2004, 12:25 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Glad I read this thread!
Shouldn't of risked it though!!!

We checked out the entertainment on their website:
http://www.emirates.com/TravellerInf...t/Overview.asp
Hidalgo, Starsky & Hutch, Taking Lives, Friends, Spin City, ER are some of our choices.

We're going to try and get an update to Business class...
Check in early, ask them if plane is full. Look tidy, no kids...
Anyone got any experience/tips??

Last edited by Simone; Jul 13th 2004 at 12:30 am.
Old Jul 13th 2004, 12:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Simone
Glad I read this thread!
Shouldn't of risked it though!!!

We checked out the entertainment on their website:
http://www.emirates.com/TravellerInf...t/Overview.asp
Hidalgo, Starsky & Hutch, Taking Lives, Friends, Spin City, ER are some of our choices.
Simone
will be expecting a full report when you arrive
Old Jul 13th 2004, 12:32 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Simone
will be expecting a full report when you arrive
Yep! (well, maybe after a few weeks... probably a few days )

I like all planes though till now, even Garuda, so don't know if my opinion will be worth anything!
I love flying, no kids, eat everything/anything
Old Jul 13th 2004, 12:34 am

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

[

Anyone got any experience/tips?? [/QUOTE]

Yes...Dont actually come right out and ask for the upgrade. Just go SFU (suitable for upgrade) Dress as smartly as you can bear for the long flight. Smile and PRAY! You can always change when you get onboard if the buggers dont upgrade you!
Old Jul 13th 2004, 12:39 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Originally posted by lucyb
Anyone got any experience/tips??

Yes...Dont actually come right out and ask for the upgrade. Just go SFU (suitable for upgrade) Dress as smartly as you can bear for the long flight. Smile and PRAY! You can always change when you get onboard if the buggers dont upgrade you!
Thanks.

Hmm, hope they don't see our legs behind the incheck desk!
I will be wearing jeans and docter martens, and Pascal jeans and adidas sneakers.
We've got suit things, but no shoes to match(leaving behind), so not wearing that.

Oh well, I don't actually mind economy. We're short, that helps for one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.