Wikiposts

Emirates

Old Jul 12th 2004, 7:32 pm
The Outback Beast

fogmeister is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Emirates

Originally posted by debsy
Yes I know that there have been loads of threads about this before, but there are loads of newbies now who might have some input to make.

I know Pollyana had a rotten time with Emirates, and I am not really looking forward to flying with them. However, they offered us 50 kilos each and 50% discount for the kids so we could not refuse.

We have flown with Singapore twice and they are fantastic but they only offered 20 k
All comments welcome

Hey Debsy, we are booked with Emirates, how did you manage to get 50Kg each
Old Jul 12th 2004, 7:33 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Ulujain
All Nippon Airways have that on their 747's. I imagine it's quite common.
It isn't common at all
Old Jul 12th 2004, 7:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Originally posted by renth
To Perth Emirates wins hands down in my opinion.

I wouldn't fly any other airline, in fact I'm about to book my trip back to the UK this Christmas with Emirates.

I was just stirring with my point abourt 2 engines.

I used to be a baggage handler at Gatwick and you could just tell the 777 was the best plane out of them all. Solidly built and powerful. Better than any Airbus that's for sure.

The 777 also has a proper control column, Airbusses have a little joystick.
OOhhh u wind up merchant
Old Jul 12th 2004, 7:46 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I know that there have been loads of threads about this before, but there are loads of newbies now who might have some input to make.

I know Pollyana had a rotten time with Emirates, and I am not really looking forward to flying with them. However, they offered us 50 kilos each and 50% discount for the kids so we could not refuse.

We have flown with Singapore twice and they are fantastic but they only offered 20 k
All comments welcome
Hi Debsy

We flew Emirates last year, not on a migration trip, just hollies in Perth and we thought they were fantastic. When we go in Sept to live we are using Singapore just because they're cheaper.

On the baggage front Singapore are letting us book flights without visas then once we have them we fax copies off and then they give us the excess.

Walla
Old Jul 12th 2004, 7:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

OOhhh u wind up merchant
Renth I have found out that it is an airbus 330 from Istanbul to Dubai and Dubai Brisbane is a 777.

Hope that they let us pre book our seats.

Fogmeister - they give that allowance to everyone flying from Istanbul. Good eh Singapore and Malaysia gave max 25k and only small discount for the kids.

Last edited by debsy; Jul 12th 2004 at 7:54 pm.
Old Jul 12th 2004, 7:50 pm
The Outback Beast

Renth I have found out that it is an airbus 330 from Istanbul to Dubai and Dubai Brisbane is a 777.

Hope that they let us pre book our tickets.

Fogmeister - they give that allowance to everyone flying from Istanbul. Good eh Singapore and Malaysia gave max 25k and only small discount for the kids.
Ok cheers for that Debs, I might ring the airline and see what I can get,
Old Jul 12th 2004, 7:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by fogmeister
Ok cheers for that Debs, I might ring the airline and see what I can get,
Good luck Fogs. Where are you off to?
We are flying to Brisbane then off down to Gold Coast.
Old Jul 12th 2004, 8:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point

My 2 are desperate to fly Emirates...................but this is only because they are chelsea FC fanatics!!
Old Jul 12th 2004, 8:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the rough
Default Emirates

We have flown to Aus on many occasions. Last time we flew BA. All previous 5 flights were with Emirates. Manchester to Dubai - Dubai to Singapore - Singapore to Melbourne.
We wouldn't fly with anyone other than Emirates now after the BA experience.
Emirates have great service, we have never had a delay and the 777 is a great aircraft.(Although it's an Airbus from Manchester to Dubai)
Many friends have recommended Singapore Airlines and I think they are top class too.

You'll have no worries if you choose Emirates.

Regards
Old Jul 12th 2004, 8:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Stewie
We have flown to Aus on many occasions. Last time we flew BA. All previous 5 flights were with Emirates. Manchester to Dubai - Dubai to Singapore - Singapore to Melbourne.
Emirates have great service, we have never had a delay and the 777 is a great aircraft.(Although it's an Airbus from Manchester to Dubai)
Many friends have recommended Singapore Airlines and I think they are top class too.

Regards
Sandra - that is the reason I use and O2 phone

Oh well seems it is no as bad as I thought then
Old Jul 12th 2004, 8:18 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

We had a friend who worked for Thales in Crawley and they made 777 simulators. I spent the best 4 hours of my life playing on one they had just finished building for Saudia. I can land it like a proper cap'n!! So if he ever has food poisoning or is taken ill, cap'n Lucy can land that puppy!!!:scared: I wish I had my own one!
Old Jul 12th 2004, 8:20 pm
The Outback Beast

Debs, we are off to Melbourne very very soon
, good luck in Brissy
Old Jul 12th 2004, 8:21 pm
yer twistin mi melons man

johanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nice

Originally posted by Stewie

Regards
Here here...British Airways are crap and i wouldnt ever fly with them again trouble from start to finish.
Emirates on the other hand seem to be better, my 7 year old flew out with them from Manchester last year she was looked after like a princess and was put into 1st class were they could keep an eye on her. I flew back with Singapore couldnt fault them either...
Old Jul 12th 2004, 8:34 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Debsy

Nothing to do with planes, but whereabouts on gold coast you off to?
Old Jul 12th 2004, 8:42 pm
Carramar Perth

Springo is on a distinguished road

Debsy

We flew Emirates Feb 04, they were really good.

We have a 3 year old, don't forget to pre order kids meals, they come in a nice box with a toy, drink and meal. One word of advice they do not cater too well for kids drinks in between meals so take plenty with you for the little one.

You will be fine.

Regards

Julia

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.