Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Emigration Consulants - NZ

Emigration Consulants - NZ

Old Jun 4th 2003, 2:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Exit UK 23rd Mar 2004, arriving in NZ 29th Mar (stop off LA Disney)
GetMeOutOfHere is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Emigration Consulants - NZ

Anyone heard of this bunch?

United Consultants Ltd
http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~immigration/1.html

Looks decent price, but I've always found nowadays, "You Get What You Pay For":lecture:

I'm beginning to think that it may be easier to use agents, especially if no visa then no fee applies
Old Jun 4th 2003, 3:15 pm
Just Joined

MarkBandy is an unknown quantity at this point

No. Haven't heard from them until now, but I've just sent my details for initial assesment.

I'll let you know how I get on.
Old Jun 4th 2003, 3:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Roger is a jewel in the roughRoger is a jewel in the roughRoger is a jewel in the roughRoger is a jewel in the rough

Really if your application is simple there is no point in using an agent. Agent may assist with assessing your qualifications. The form is idiot proof.

Roger
Old Jun 4th 2003, 4:45 pm
Forum Regular

Scarlett G is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Roger
Really if your application is simple there is no point in using an agent. Agent may assist with assessing your qualifications. The form is idiot proof.

Roger
I agree, the agents really just put all your info. together and make it 'look nice' for the immigration people. You still have to make all your appointments, gather the info. and do the sorting out. If you do your reasearch first, make your application well presented, straight forward and organised into sections relating to the form you should be fine.
Old Jun 4th 2003, 6:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Scarlett G
I agree, the agents really just put all your info. together and make it 'look nice' for the immigration people. You still have to make all your appointments, gather the info. and do the sorting out. If you do your reasearch first, make your application well presented, straight forward and organised into sections relating to the form you should be fine.
Its the qualifications bit that is annoying me to be honest. I've just gathered past references to send with certificates to NZQA and the fees are pretty steep just for an assessment. I thought an agent would know the score before sending it all off to NZIS, and no visa no fee seemed a decent offer. Why NVQ's, which have been around a few years now, aren't on the NZIS qualification list is a bit annoying to say the least.

Do I send for assessment and shell money that could be wasted or try an agent?
Old Jun 4th 2003, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

valleygirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by GetMeOutOfHere
Its the qualifications bit that is annoying me to be honest. I've just gathered past references to send with certificates to NZQA and the fees are pretty steep just for an assessment. I thought an agent would know the score before sending it all off to NZIS, and no visa no fee seemed a decent offer. Why NVQ's, which have been around a few years now, aren't on the NZIS qualification list is a bit annoying to say the least.

Who is the awarding body for your NVQ? VTCT, City and Guilds, Edexell? Let me know because I am sure that these days an NVQ is classed along the same lines as a City and Guilds. That was the whole point in bringing them in in the first place. I teach VTCT NVQ's and as far as I know they are the same qualification as C&G.

Hope this helps.
Old Jun 4th 2003, 8:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by valleygirl
Who is the awarding body for your NVQ? VTCT, City and Guilds, Edexell? Let me know because I am sure that these days an NVQ is classed along the same lines as a City and Guilds. That was the whole point in bringing them in in the first place. I teach VTCT NVQ's and as far as I know they are the same qualification as C&G.

Hope this helps.

C&G 953 Computer Literacy 1992
C&G 424 Preliminary Applications Programming(cobol) 1994
C&G 425 Applications Programming(cobol) 1995
NVQ C&G Software Production(level 2) 1995
NVQ C&G Information Systems Design & Production(level 3) 1995
MCP Microsoft Certified Professional(Visual Basic 6.0)

I think I should get 10pts however I've seen some NVQ's have been knocked back

Any advice/help gratefully recieved
Old Jun 4th 2003, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

valleygirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I dont think that you will have any problems getting your 10 points for those qualifications. Dont take it as gospel by any means but as I said, in the teaching world we class City and Guilds NVQ's as C&G qualifications fair and square. It just is a dividing line between vocational and academic qualifications.
Old Jun 5th 2003, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by GetMeOutOfHere

All I can remember is that we phoned an agent, could have been Malcolm Pacific (sorry memory has been destroyed due to having 2 children)and they did an initial assessment for free and told us there and then whether quals. were suitable - they were very helpful as they said we had problem as husband had HND which was ok at the time but was about to be take off the list of recognised quals in a few months time, we used their advice but not their services and went ahead ourselves
Old Jun 5th 2003, 9:39 am
Just Joined

Kebabo is just really niceKebabo is just really niceKebabo is just really niceKebabo is just really niceKebabo is just really niceKebabo is just really niceKebabo is just really niceKebabo is just really niceKebabo is just really niceKebabo is just really niceKebabo is just really nice

All I can remember is that we phoned an agent, could have been Malcolm Pacific (sorry memory has been destroyed due to having 2 children)and they did an initial assessment for free and told us there and then whether quals. were suitable - they were very helpful as they said we had problem as husband had HND which was ok at the time but was about to be take off the list of recognised quals in a few months time, we used their advice but not their services and went ahead ourselves
Scarlett

What is your husbands HND in? I have HND in business and finance, if this goes off the list, we can't go:scared:

Donna
Old Jun 5th 2003, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Kebabo
Scarlett

What is your husbands HND in? I have HND in business and finance, if this goes off the list, we can't go:scared:

Donna
God sorry, probably caused nationwide panic!! It was in civil engineering, however this all happened in 2001 and the advice we got was only relating to his particular qualification, don't know about any others and don't know if this one was even taken off the list in the end as we processed very quickly.
Sorry for panic!!!!!!
Old Jun 5th 2003, 12:35 pm
Just Joined

Kebabo is just really niceKebabo is just really niceKebabo is just really niceKebabo is just really niceKebabo is just really niceKebabo is just really niceKebabo is just really niceKebabo is just really niceKebabo is just really niceKebabo is just really niceKebabo is just really nice

God sorry, probably caused nationwide panic!! It was in civil engineering, however this all happened in 2001 and the advice we got was only relating to his particular qualification, don't know about any others and don't know if this one was even taken off the list in the end as we processed very quickly.
Sorry for panic!!!!!!
Phew, thanks for clearing that up, have been running around like a headless chicked this morning, thinking our dreams were about to be shattered, can now calm down..