Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

emigration aplication what a laugh

emigration aplication what a laugh

Old Jun 10th 2006, 9:14 pm
Just Joined

mr&mrsjames has a brilliant futuremr&mrsjames has a brilliant futuremr&mrsjames has a brilliant futuremr&mrsjames has a brilliant futuremr&mrsjames has a brilliant futuremr&mrsjames has a brilliant futuremr&mrsjames has a brilliant future
Default emigration aplication what a laugh

We applied a year ago for a skilled independent visa, my wife was primary applicant as she is a Staff Nurse, during that year we have sold our house had to leave my job and gone around the bend waiting.
Still no visa, we emailed our case worker on Friday (case worker no.2) apparently we are at grant stage what ever that is, i say sod it lets just by another house in Ingleby Barwick and let me go work off shore, and lets get on with life.
Old Jun 10th 2006, 10:23 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: emigration aplication what a laugh

I don't think anyone that's been through the visa process will tell you it was a non-stop festival of fun. Depending on the visa it can be painfully slow - contributory parent visas can take several years to come to fruition. But at the end of the day, the Australian government aren't beholden to anyone - and basically, it takes as long as it takes.

Perhaps, in your eagerness to emigrate, you moved ahead too quickly with things like the house sale and your job. Perhaps you read on these forums about other people getting visas in a few months. From what little I can gather from your other posts, you seem to be pursuing a visa in Australia because you're disatisfied with the UK. Everyone has different motivations, but perhaps your particular motivation is what is making you so angry at the time your visa is taking to come through. If you really want it, you just have to sit tight and wait. Probably not what you wanted to hear, but getting angry about it will just make things worse.
Old Jun 11th 2006, 12:32 am
Missing my family so much

H143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud of

I can totally empathise with you that waiting is a nightmare, but count yourself lucky it's not like Canada's immigration system. They are currently telling people not to even contact them for 42 months once they've applied!!!
Old Jun 11th 2006, 12:00 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mr&mrsjames
We applied a year ago for a skilled independent visa, my wife was primary applicant as she is a Staff Nurse, during that year we have sold our house had to leave my job and gone around the bend waiting.
Still no visa, we emailed our case worker on Friday (case worker no.2) apparently we are at grant stage what ever that is, i say sod it lets just by another house in Ingleby Barwick and let me go work off shore, and lets get on with life.
that seems like a very long time to be waiting for a 136 modl. Any idea what the hold up is?

Jackie
Old Jun 11th 2006, 12:04 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Took us 2 and a half years on the same visa, Caused by a combination of everyone loosing documents and medicals. Oh and a trainee agent that left and was replaced by another trainee one.
Old Jun 11th 2006, 12:21 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arkon
Took us 2 and a half years on the same visa, Caused by a combination of everyone loosing documents and medicals. Oh and a trainee agent that left and was replaced by another trainee one.
Arkon is sounds like you were doomed from day one! Perhaps the big man in the sky was trying to tell you something!
Old Jun 11th 2006, 12:27 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
Arkon is sounds like you were doomed from day one! Perhaps the big man in the sky was trying to tell you something!
Most definitely someone trying to tell us not to go, I think it was my dead granddad personally. What with the dogs failing the lepto 2 days before flying to losing the medicals and all the other obstacles BEFORE we left, someone was definitely trying to tell us something!

There's none so deaf as those that won't listen tho....(to the signs that is.)
Old Jun 11th 2006, 12:32 pm
Living the Dream!

Most definitely someone trying to tell us not to go, I think it was my dead granddad personally. What with the dogs failing the lepto 2 days before flying to losing the medicals and all the other obstacles BEFORE we left, someone was definitely trying to tell us something!

There's none so deaf as those that won't listen tho....(to the signs that is.)
sometimes though, the more hurdles that are put in our way....the more determined we are to jump over them!
Old Jun 11th 2006, 12:44 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

sometimes though, the more hurdles that are put in our way....the more determined we are to jump over them!
Unfortunately you are right and it is my worst character flaw and normally causes me to do more work than is really necessary.
Old Jun 11th 2006, 12:55 pm
Living the Dream!

Unfortunately you are right and it is my worst character flaw and normally causes me to do more work than is really necessary.
Don't be too hard on yourself Arkon. Being determined to suceed at things...even when they are not going to plan should be seen as a positive characteristic....certainly not a flaw in your character!

jackie
Old Jun 11th 2006, 1:01 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

Don't be too hard on yourself Arkon. Being determined to suceed at things...even when they are not going to plan should be seen as a positive characteristic....certainly not a flaw in your character!

jackie
We will have to differ on that one, I really wish we had heed the signs and not come. The amount we spent to come here I could have come every year for a big holiday for about 20 years!!
Old Jun 12th 2006, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

ktee has a brilliant futurektee has a brilliant futurektee has a brilliant futurektee has a brilliant futurektee has a brilliant futurektee has a brilliant futurektee has a brilliant future

Out of interest how long has your wife been a nurse?
Old Jun 13th 2006, 6:34 am
Just Joined

mr&mrsjames has a brilliant futuremr&mrsjames has a brilliant futuremr&mrsjames has a brilliant futuremr&mrsjames has a brilliant futuremr&mrsjames has a brilliant futuremr&mrsjames has a brilliant futuremr&mrsjames has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ktee
Out of interest how long has your wife been a nurse?
She has been qualified for about nine years.
Old Jun 13th 2006, 6:59 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

We will have to differ on that one, I really wish we had heed the signs and not come. The amount we spent to come here I could have come every year for a big holiday for about 20 years!!
And you would have had that niggle for the rest of your lives. At least now, that itch is well and truely scratched