Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Emigration Agents - Recommendations?

Emigration Agents - Recommendations?

Old Aug 17th 2006, 8:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond repute
Default Emigration Agents - Recommendations?

Hello All,

Trying to decide between agents in the UK.

Have spoken to:

Global Visas and 'Thinking Australia'

has anyone out there used either of these and what did you think of the service they provided?

Also...if anyone can recommend anyone else they found to be good we would be glad to hear from you.

Steve & Lynn
Old Aug 17th 2006, 8:44 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Emigration Agents - Recommendations?

Originally Posted by Stephen Jones
Hello All,

Have spoken to:

has anyone out there used either of these and what did you think of the service they provided?

Also...if anyone can recommend anyone else they found to be good we would be glad to hear from you.

Steve & Lynn
Why just those in the UK...? For someone in Australia I couldn't recommend George Lombard and his crew more highly...

Rod
Old Aug 17th 2006, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

private benjamin is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree with Rod we used Doulene Steyn from Active Migration Australia Pty Ltd ([email protected] or web site www.theozlife.com) who is based in Perth WA - first met her when she came over to Newcastle upon Tyne - have to say she has been so wonderful we now finally have been granted our visa (non migrating child issues ex from hell ... ) but through it all she has been their for us so I have to say she is an absolute star.
She visits England every summer I think she was in Birmingham this year - but hand on heart I can recomend her doesn't matter that she is on the other side of the world.
Really glad we used an agent and Doulene is a gem!
PB

Last edited by private benjamin; Aug 17th 2006 at 9:14 pm. Reason: wrong address
Old Aug 17th 2006, 9:19 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

Hello All,

Have spoken to:

Steve & Lynn
I'm using 'go matilda'.My TRA is in the pipeline (hopefully) so i can't comment on the outcome yet.But they are very friendly,helpful,fairly priced and based in both blighty and Aus(so the time difference is not such an issue)
Mind you ,if i dont get me Visa i'll be a very unhappy chappy

Lee
Old Aug 17th 2006, 9:20 pm
tin
Brisbane bound

tin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by rodders39
Why just those in the UK...? For someone in Australia I couldn't recommend George Lombard and his crew more highly...

Rod
I second that George Lombard was great
Old Aug 17th 2006, 9:23 pm
CANBERRA !!!

jajnlis is an unknown quantity at this point

We have used Go Matilda.......very efficient and keeps in touch.......

Also, Ian Harrop have a good reputation....
Old Aug 17th 2006, 9:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

kellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there
I went with australiamigrate.co.uk and they were good. However, I have to say George Lombard is brilliant as he has helped me, and many others through this site, just by pointing us in the right direction and not ramming his company down your throat at the same time!
Old Aug 17th 2006, 10:01 pm
Sunshine Coast -Yeepee!!

Vernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond repute

Hello All,

Have spoken to:

Steve & Lynn
George Lombard was fantatastic, he is based in OZ and I think that helps. You email him before you go to bed and while you are sleeping he is working on your case, you wake up and you will often have an email letting you know how things are going. He was brilliant.

He helped us through our TRA application and got us a visa quickly (I think). Our visa was acknowledged early march and by mid July we had a visa, 4 months, not bad. He really is great and comes highly recommended.
Old Aug 17th 2006, 11:11 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Stephen Jones]Hello All,

Have spoken to:

We used workpermit.com -charlene amarte in london - not cheap by hasslefree for a skills sponsor visa. Email contact all the way. They say is they aren't successful you get the money back but did not have to put this to the test.
Old Aug 18th 2006, 8:55 am
BE Enthusiast

teejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guys,
we are using 1st Contact in London www.1stcontact.co.uk and so far they have been great .
we are currently waiting for a case officer to process our visa

Good luck to you

Phil
Old Aug 18th 2006, 9:04 am
BE Enthusiast

charlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by tin
I second that George Lombard was great

George Lombard he was relay relay great we had lots of stuff go wrong , he was just fab, he relay went out of his way big time, over a long period of time for us
Old Aug 18th 2006, 9:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Downies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by private benjamin
I agree with Rod we used Doulene Steyn from Active Migration Australia Pty Ltd ([email protected] or web site www.theozlife.com) who is based in Perth WA - first met her when she came over to Newcastle upon Tyne - have to say she has been so wonderful we now finally have been granted our visa (non migrating child issues ex from hell ... ) but through it all she has been their for us so I have to say she is an absolute star.
She visits England every summer I think she was in Birmingham this year - but hand on heart I can recomend her doesn't matter that she is on the other side of the world.
Really glad we used an agent and Doulene is a gem!
PB
Hi PB! We also clients of Doulene at AMA - we got our 136 MODL visa in under three and a half months and that is with OH being diabetic and having a few D&D's from when he was younger!

Highly recommend AMA and Doulene - also recommend Hilda Dhanaraj who is now working for Australian Visa and Migration Services.

I must admit having someone looking out for you in Oz on the same time zone as DIMA is well worth it! The instructions where faultless - easy to follow and not overwhelming you with paperwork requests etc.

Paula
Old Aug 18th 2006, 9:39 am
BE Forum Addict

wafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rodders39

Rod
As above, George Lombard is the man, I would recommend him everytime!
Old Aug 18th 2006, 9:47 am
bromley to brisbane

ClareBear is on a distinguished road

Hello All,

Have spoken to:

Steve & Lynn
Hi there
We used George Lombard and would thoroughly recommend him - a few of our friends have also been successful through him. He's actually in Aus, very quick at responding to emails, and seems to know the process inside out. We were very unimpressed with the UK agencies we contacted. Some people are inclined to think that case officers may look more favourably on people using australian agents, although not sure how much subtance to that...
Good luck to you both!
Clare x
Old Aug 18th 2006, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

Bidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really nice

Originally Posted by ClareBear
Hi there
We used George Lombard and would thoroughly recommend him - a few of our friends have also been successful through him. He's actually in Aus, very quick at responding to emails, and seems to know the process inside out. We were very unimpressed with the UK agencies we contacted. Some people are inclined to think that case officers may look more favourably on people using australian agents, although not sure how much subtance to that...
Good luck to you both!
Clare x
Another rec for George Lombard! We went with him for both TRA and visa application and we're flying to Australia on 15th September! Can't recommend him highly enough!

Tina

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.