British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Emigration Agents - Recommendations? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/emigration-agents-recommendations-391166/)

Stephen Jones Aug 17th 2006 8:33 pm

Emigration Agents - Recommendations?

Hello All,

Trying to decide between agents in the UK.

Have spoken to:

Global Visas and 'Thinking Australia'

has anyone out there used either of these and what did you think of the service they provided?

Also...if anyone can recommend anyone else they found to be good we would be glad to hear from you.

Steve & Lynn

DrWho Aug 17th 2006 8:44 pm

Re: Emigration Agents - Recommendations?

Originally Posted by Stephen Jones
Hello All,

Have spoken to:

has anyone out there used either of these and what did you think of the service they provided?

Also...if anyone can recommend anyone else they found to be good we would be glad to hear from you.

Steve & Lynn

Why just those in the UK...? For someone in Australia I couldn't recommend George Lombard and his crew more highly...

Rod

private benjamin Aug 17th 2006 8:53 pm

I agree with Rod we used Doulene Steyn from Active Migration Australia Pty Ltd ([email protected] or web site www.theozlife.com) who is based in Perth WA - first met her when she came over to Newcastle upon Tyne - have to say she has been so wonderful we now finally have been granted our visa :D (non migrating child issues ex from hell ... :eek: ) but through it all she has been their for us so I have to say she is an absolute star.
She visits England every summer I think she was in Birmingham this year - but hand on heart I can recomend her doesn't matter that she is on the other side of the world.
Really glad we used an agent and Doulene is a gem!
PB

stuckinblighty Aug 17th 2006 9:19 pm

Hello All,

Have spoken to:

Steve & Lynn

I'm using 'go matilda'.My TRA is in the pipeline (hopefully) so i can't comment on the outcome yet.But they are very friendly,helpful,fairly priced and based in both blighty and Aus(so the time difference is not such an issue)
Mind you ,if i dont get me Visa i'll be a very unhappy chappy :mad:

Lee

tin Aug 17th 2006 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by rodders39
Why just those in the UK...? For someone in Australia I couldn't recommend George Lombard and his crew more highly...

Rod

I second that George Lombard was great

jajnlis Aug 17th 2006 9:23 pm

We have used Go Matilda.......very efficient and keeps in touch.......

Also, Ian Harrop have a good reputation....

kellyjs Aug 17th 2006 9:34 pm

Hi there
I went with australiamigrate.co.uk and they were good. However, I have to say George Lombard is brilliant as he has helped me, and many others through this site, just by pointing us in the right direction and not ramming his company down your throat at the same time!

Vernons Aug 17th 2006 10:01 pm

Hello All,

Have spoken to:

Steve & Lynn

George Lombard was fantatastic, he is based in OZ and I think that helps. You email him before you go to bed and while you are sleeping he is working on your case, you wake up and you will often have an email letting you know how things are going. He was brilliant.

He helped us through our TRA application and got us a visa quickly (I think). Our visa was acknowledged early march and by mid July we had a visa, 4 months, not bad. He really is great and comes highly recommended. :)

busterboy Aug 17th 2006 11:11 pm

[QUOTE=Stephen Jones]Hello All,

Have spoken to:

We used workpermit.com -charlene amarte in london - not cheap by hasslefree for a skills sponsor visa. Email contact all the way. They say is they aren't successful you get the money back but did not have to put this to the test.

teejay66 Aug 18th 2006 8:55 am

Hi Guys,
we are using 1st Contact in London www.1stcontact.co.uk and so far they have been great .
we are currently waiting for a case officer to process our visa

Good luck to you ;)

Phil

charlie brown Aug 18th 2006 9:04 am

Originally Posted by tin
I second that George Lombard was great

George Lombard he was relay relay great we had lots of stuff go wrong , he was just fab, he relay went out of his way big time, over a long period of time for us:)

Downies Aug 18th 2006 9:36 am

Originally Posted by private benjamin
I agree with Rod we used Doulene Steyn from Active Migration Australia Pty Ltd ([email protected] or web site www.theozlife.com) who is based in Perth WA - first met her when she came over to Newcastle upon Tyne - have to say she has been so wonderful we now finally have been granted our visa :D (non migrating child issues ex from hell ... :eek: ) but through it all she has been their for us so I have to say she is an absolute star.
She visits England every summer I think she was in Birmingham this year - but hand on heart I can recomend her doesn't matter that she is on the other side of the world.
Really glad we used an agent and Doulene is a gem!
PB

Hi PB! We also clients of Doulene at AMA - we got our 136 MODL visa in under three and a half months and that is with OH being diabetic and having a few D&D's from when he was younger!

Highly recommend AMA and Doulene - also recommend Hilda Dhanaraj who is now working for Australian Visa and Migration Services.

I must admit having someone looking out for you in Oz on the same time zone as DIMA is well worth it! The instructions where faultless - easy to follow and not overwhelming you with paperwork requests etc.

Paula

wafc Aug 18th 2006 9:39 am

Originally Posted by rodders39

Rod

As above, George Lombard is the man, I would recommend him everytime!

ClareBear Aug 18th 2006 9:47 am

Hello All,

Have spoken to:

Steve & Lynn

Hi there
We used George Lombard and would thoroughly recommend him - a few of our friends have also been successful through him. He's actually in Aus, very quick at responding to emails, and seems to know the process inside out. We were very unimpressed with the UK agencies we contacted. Some people are inclined to think that case officers may look more favourably on people using australian agents, although not sure how much subtance to that...
Good luck to you both!
Clare x

Bidd Aug 18th 2006 9:50 am

Originally Posted by ClareBear
Hi there
We used George Lombard and would thoroughly recommend him - a few of our friends have also been successful through him. He's actually in Aus, very quick at responding to emails, and seems to know the process inside out. We were very unimpressed with the UK agencies we contacted. Some people are inclined to think that case officers may look more favourably on people using australian agents, although not sure how much subtance to that...
Good luck to you both!
Clare x

Another rec for George Lombard! We went with him for both TRA and visa application and we're flying to Australia on 15th September! :) Can't recommend him highly enough!

Tina