Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Emigrate Show Today

Wikiposts

Emigrate Show Today

Old Mar 19th 2004, 6:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Gravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Emigrate Show Today

Hi All
Just got back from Emigrate Show at Sandown Park.
It seemed alot more organised this year. The World of Property and Emigrate Show is now altogether under one roof so you're going to work your way through the property show first.
However they have put the countries together. One the 1st floor there are Aus & NZ and another floor with their Australian Village.
We are glad we went today as it certainly didn't get as busy as a Sat or Sun. We actually managed to get to talk with everyone we wanted to and did it all in 3 hours.
Watch out for the roadworks on the M25 near Heathrow.
If you're going over the weekend I hope you manage to get all the info you need.

Gravyman
Old Mar 19th 2004, 6:36 am
Forum Regular

snowhite is an unknown quantity at this point

We went today too and it wasnt busy at all !!!
Definately middle and top floors the best for everything Aus and NZ.
Martin got to talk to all the tax people so hes feeling a little more relaxed .
I did the shipping companies (some of whom are giving out vouchers for £50 off their quotes ??).
Enjoy all those who are going over the weekend .
Old Mar 19th 2004, 6:59 am
BE Enthusiast

wongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nicewongstonn is just really nice

Hi

We're thinking of going to this. We've got our visas already, so have no interest in meeting migration agents...

Could someone who has gone to this give some idea of the range of other stalls present there?

Neil
Old Mar 19th 2004, 7:04 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally posted by wongstonn
Hi

We're thinking of going to this. We've got our visas already, so have no interest in meeting migration agents...

Could someone who has gone to this give some idea of the range of other stalls present there?

Neil

Hi - I can't get down to this (got to work) so if anyone gets any useful info and could post it on here it'd be great
Old Mar 19th 2004, 7:08 am
Forum Regular

snowhite is an unknown quantity at this point

There were loads of migration agents all of whom stopped us and even after we said we already had a visa wanted to chat !!
There were several companies dealing with the tax side of things .
NZ nursing company and I think nursing and enginering companies.
Repersentitives of the different states.,Theres a lovely guy on the SA stand who emigrated last year with his wife and 3 kids and has now set up his own bussiness helping new migrants,we spent ages chatting with him !!.
I thnk that was about it ??
Old Mar 19th 2004, 7:28 am
Forum Regular

Sims4eva is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Neil, Mrs Gravyman here.

At the show you'll be able to speak with representatives from at least eight removal companies, questions about currency conversion and queries about your pension can be dealt with at one of several stands.

With the exception of New South Wales (well, we didn't see them) there are stands for each of the other states and territories. These are staffed by government employees (with a few migration agents thrown in for good measure - but you don't have to speak with them) rather than travel agents and have plenty of info for you.

Australian High Commission/DIMIA have a stand too.

If you do go wear comfy shoes, light clothing (the whole of the top floor gives you a taste of Oz temperaztures) and if at all possible, take someone with strong arms to carry all of your carrier bags! When we have been in years past we have joked that we should take our little suitcase on wheels - by the end of your visit your arms will be about four feet long!

We do have a show guide here so if you were hoping to speak with anyone in particular, let me know and I'll check whether they are there and give you their stand number.

Head for the top floor and you'll be spoilt for choice!"

Have fun

Sara

PS. Drink plenty!