Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Emigrate Show - agents, really fed up now.

Emigrate Show - agents, really fed up now.

Old Mar 23rd 2004, 7:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by traceyandian
We may be in a similar position when we come to our medicals. Do you know if we can take the child to the medical without the mothers consent? My partner has joint custody and regular visits? If anyone can help many thanks.

Tracey
Tracey,

Its really difficult and there are many issues to consider. Do you expect the child not to tell the mother after the event. If so then that should be taken into consideration. Is it right to expect this? If not then she is going to find out and I believe that she could take issue with this and involve a solicitor.

My husband has private healthcare for all the members of our family. Some time ago he took his daughter to a private Dr for some treatment for warts that were on her face and distressing her. The mother was really put out and low and behold two days later we got a letter from the solicitor saying not to do this again.

Maybe trying to keep this from her isn't fair on the child?

Whislt I expect that you want to keep things from the ex, maybe its all going to blow up anyway. It seems unfair that she can take the child to the Dr's and your husband wouldn't or couldn't create, but if he does this then all hell could let loose.

The law can often be very much in favour of the mother and perhaps you may need to seek legal advice from your solicitor.

Hope this helps abit?????

Another Tracey.

Old Mar 24th 2004, 5:28 am
Forum Regular

traceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant future

Know what you mean... we do fully intend telling her tho, just thought we could do it after he had the medical. We don't want her to be able to control our destiny, god knows she done it enough already!

Things aren't too bad between us really. Just think this could upset the applecart. Think maybe if we explain that we are going anyway and he needs the medical just in case anything was to happen to her, maybe she'll think thats the best for him in the long run anyway.

Mmm...something to think about...

Thanks for your reply.

Tracey