Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Emigrate Challenge - Where are they now?

The Emigrate Challenge - Where are they now?

Old Jun 6th 2009, 5:23 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile The Emigrate Challenge - Where are they now?

I have just dug out my old Emigrate Challenge DVD - the one with Kiowa(?) and Kevin Woodland, the Cole family etc.

Sitting through it brought back the memories of sitting at home watching this DVD time and time again, wondering if it would ever be our turn, hitting brick walls when it came to finding out if we had a case or not - it all flashed in front of me just watching it again.

Does anyone know what happened to the families in it? I am particularly interested in the Woodland family, Kevin wanted to hire a campervan and drive round Australia with two small kids, and his wife Kiowa(sp), wanted to settle down in Perth and work as a nurse.

I know the Cole family - Mike and Alex, went to NZ and settled well as far as I know.

I guess as this DVD is quite old, many BE members might not have seen it. It was the 'staple diet' of our migration many years ago, and we watched it heaps of times

I heard a new Emigrate Challenge was made a couple of years ago but never saw it advertised in Outband Publishing.

Did any of you guys buy any of the DVDs to inspire you through your migration journey? Does anyone remember any of the families?

What did you all do to keep you going through your application?

Just interested to know.
Old Jun 6th 2009, 7:53 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Emigrate Challenge - Where are they now?

Bump.

Just rememberd another family that went to QLD - The Esmondes, the guy caught some kind of food poisoning and nearly died.

I wonder if any of them come on here.
Old Jun 6th 2009, 1:35 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I have just dug out my old Emigrate Challenge DVD - the one with Kiowa(?) and Kevin Woodland, the Cole family etc.

Sitting through it brought back the memories of sitting at home watching this DVD time and time again, wondering if it would ever be our turn, hitting brick walls when it came to finding out if we had a case or not - it all flashed in front of me just watching it again.

Does anyone know what happened to the families in it? I am particularly interested in the Woodland family, Kevin wanted to hire a campervan and drive round Australia with two small kids, and his wife Kiowa(sp), wanted to settle down in Perth and work as a nurse.

I know the Cole family - Mike and Alex, went to NZ and settled well as far as I know.

I guess as this DVD is quite old, many BE members might not have seen it. It was the 'staple diet' of our migration many years ago, and we watched it heaps of times

I heard a new Emigrate Challenge was made a couple of years ago but never saw it advertised in Outband Publishing.

Did any of you guys buy any of the DVDs to inspire you through your migration journey? Does anyone remember any of the families?

What did you all do to keep you going through your application?

Just interested to know.

blimey, thats going back a few years pp!!
Old Jun 6th 2009, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
blimey, thats going back a few years pp!!
I found out what happened to Kiowa Woodland

She has done a small video on the Outbound publishing site. She split up with Kevin about a year after arriving in Adelaide and then went back to the UK for a bit and then returned.

Kevin is living on a caravan site after buying a caravan unit. She said he isnt working and doesnt seem to want to look for work but is busy with his golf and doing what he wants.

She works weekends from what I can gather in a hospital and the government gave her benefits even though she didnt fit the criteria of waiting time, they bent the rules a bit to help her.

She seems very happy and said she cant think of going back as Kevin is happy and she wants the boys to see their dad.

As for the other families, Im still looking. There is another Emigrate DVD out, I wouldnt mind watching it - out of interest.
Old Jun 7th 2009, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

BudBrain has a spectacular aura aboutBudBrain has a spectacular aura aboutBudBrain has a spectacular aura about

Is the 1st one still available to buy?
Old Jun 7th 2009, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by BudBrain
Is the 1st one still available to buy?
Not sure, I didn't see it on there.

I wouldnt mind the up to date one though, I still enjoy watching the one I do have.
Old Jun 7th 2009, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

sm79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Not sure if its the same thing but is the link below what you're looking for?

Theres an option to buy DVD's etc

http://www.emigratetv.com/index.php
Old Jun 11th 2009, 8:59 am
Just Joined

joveym is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: The Emigrate Challenge - Where are they now?

The 'All-New' Emigrate Challenge is fantastic - much better than the first one I think. They're doing a free sampler disc on Emigrate TV at the moment, though it's worth buying the complete set because of some big surprises that get revealed later! Mike Cole, the previous winner, is on the judging panel this time (poacher turned gamekeeper??) and Kiowa Woodland makes a guest appearance. She's looking great!! Would love to know what others think of the latest set of volunteer families. Emigrate TV's home page is www.emigratetv.com