Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

emigrate 2004 show at sandown whos going?????

emigrate 2004 show at sandown whos going?????

Old Mar 12th 2004, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

delboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default emigrate 2004 show at sandown whos going?????

who is going to the emigrate show at sandown racecourse on the 3 day weekend 19th to the 21st march,we went last year and was exellant .
It would be nice to see who is going as it would be nice to meet people with the same interest.
Old Mar 12th 2004, 2:13 pm
Keeping Busy

arnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
We're going on the Saturday.
Is there a bar there?
Why aren't you coming to the hertford meet?????
Old Mar 12th 2004, 2:40 pm
Just Joined

Fingers is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Also there on the saturday

Heading to Auckland in September - can't wait!
Old Mar 12th 2004, 2:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: emigrate 2004 show at sandown whos going?????

Originally posted by delboy
who is going to the emigrate show at sandown racecourse on the 3 day weekend 19th to the 21st march,we went last year and was exellant .
It would be nice to see who is going as it would be nice to meet people with the same interest.
Yes hubby and I are going on the Sat.
According to the site plan there's a "penpal meetup" place, and a restaurant.
"Teach " Sarah and partner, are meeting us at 2pm ish so anyone else that would like to meet us do come along
Helen
Old Mar 12th 2004, 3:05 pm
Just Joined

kevsyder is an unknown quantity at this point
Default We'll be there and lookin forward o it

Yes my girlfriend (Louisa) and myself (Kev), We will be going and we have just started the emigration process, we are looking to go to Oz, Peth or melbourne , I am a spark and my girlfriend is training to be a nail technician, it would be great to meet friends with the same dreams as ours. We are There Fri and sat so e mail us if you want a beer and a good chat.
Old Mar 12th 2004, 10:16 pm
Just Joined

cookie1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Also hoping to go Sat. hope it will give my kids an opportunity to find some real info rather than just web pages as they dont seem at all keen at present. (Dad moving in 2 weeks and not being very positive. Thinks i should move where access is more convenient!!!) Anyway can i expect this convention to inspire or delight? Any previous attendees pls respond
Old Mar 12th 2004, 10:16 pm
Anxiously awaiting March

vicky o will become famous soon enoughvicky o will become famous soon enough
Default Re: We'll be there and lookin forward o it

Originally posted by kevsyder
Yes my girlfriend (Louisa) and myself (Kev), We will be going and we have just started the emigration process, we are looking to go to Oz, Peth or melbourne , I am a spark and my girlfriend is training to be a nail technician, it would be great to meet friends with the same dreams as ours. We are There Fri and sat so e mail us if you want a beer and a good chat.
Hi, we'll be there on the Friday, when we eventually get to the head of the queue. (We forgot to pre-book tickets). We're heading for Perth hopefully in September or thereabouts!

Vicky and Giles
Old Mar 14th 2004, 2:40 am
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

Just to say that New Plymouth District Council will be at the Emigration Fair and are apparently desperate for engineers.

We can highly recommend them as employers and will offer jobs even if you haven't got a visa and then wait til you get one.

The support they give when you get here is second to none.

Go and have a look at their stand - you never know there might be a job for you there!

Also, ask to speak to Cathy Thurston if they haven't got any jobs suitable for you - she is a kind of employment consultant for the council and other companies in the area and has her finger on the pulse - she might be able to help you find something and help the employer decide that hiring someone without a visa isn;t the end of the world.

Good luck!
Old Mar 14th 2004, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

Jamesy is an unknown quantity at this point

We will be there on Saturday, we went last year but as we plan to move soon now and have the visas thought it was worth going again to speak to removal companies etc!

Would be great to meet up with anyone who fancies it!
Old Mar 14th 2004, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

Paul & Shar is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys

Any of you who have said you went to this last year could you let us know if we need to book tickets and is it suitable to take our kids? (8yrs and 4 months - bottle may need warming up!)

Thanks

Shar & Paul
Old Mar 15th 2004, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

The Thorpes is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by Paul & Shar
Hi guys

Any of you who have said you went to this last year could you let us know if we need to book tickets and is it suitable to take our kids? (8yrs and 4 months - bottle may need warming up!)

Thanks

Shar & Paul

Hi Shar and Paul

We went last year and didn't take our three young boys. Your 8 year old wouldn't be too bad but unless you carry your little one, it would have been almost impossible to get a pushchair through the crowds and I remember thinking 'I'm so glad we found a babysitter!' when I saw other mums trying to get through the crowds with a buggy. Even for older children, it can't be much fun being jostled and squashed, it was really packed! Which is why we are leaving them at home again (with a babysitter, of course ) this year!!

Good luck anyway

Sam

P.S. You can just turn up on the day, you don't HAVE to pre-book tickets - just be prepared for a long wait! See www.emigrate2004.co.uk
Old Mar 15th 2004, 11:34 am
PSS Int'l

Default Sandown exhibition 19/20/21 March

PSS International removers will be on stands 204 and 297 please visit us and register for your £50 discount, we look forward to seeing you all there. From past experience most people gather invaluable information and have a really good day out.

Old Mar 15th 2004, 2:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

we have our tickets already and are going to the 12-45 seminar, can anyone reccommend stands to make a bee line to- relevant for Melbourne? Hubby hates crowds so I'll need to go with a list of stands to visit!

thx
Old Mar 15th 2004, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

Paul & Shar is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by helinuk
we have our tickets already and are going to the 12-45 seminar, can anyone reccommend stands to make a bee line to- relevant for Melbourne? Hubby hates crowds so I'll need to go with a list of stands to visit!

thx
Hi

Where did you get your tickets? and does this stop you having to que?

Thanks

Shar

Old Mar 15th 2004, 4:05 pm
Just Joined

CANTERBURY.TALE is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NEW TO THIS....

Hi all, we have only just started with this whole emigrating adventure. we are going on the friday and would love to meet up with anyone. it has got to the stage were all our friends seem to be feed up with us always talking about OZ. it would be great to talk to others with a common interest. i' m Elaine and hubbys Gary, we are curently living in Canterbury. anyone else local?.:beer: :D :beer: :D

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.