EMERGRATING TO THE BUNBURY AREA

Old Nov 8th 2008, 8:52 am
Just Joined

Location: ROSSENDALE (20 MILES NORTH WEST OF MANCHESTER) IN THE UK
DARREN AND NYREEN is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile EMERGRATING TO THE BUNBURY AREA

HI

PLEASE CAN ANYBODY HELP US?

MY FAMILY AND I HAVE BOOKED TO VISIT SOUTH WESTERN AUSTRALIA IN APRIL 2009, WITH A VIEW TO EMERGRATING IN THE NEXT 2 - 3 YEARS.

AFTER LOOKING AT WEBSITES AND BOOKS, THE BUNBURY AREA SEEMS TO A VERY UP AND COMING AREA AND GREAT PLACE TO BRING UP OUR TWO BOYS.

PLEASE CAN ANYONE PASS ON ANY INFORMATION AND ADVICE FOR OUR PLANNED TRIP NEXT YEAR, WHERE WE SHOULD BE LOOKING AND WHAT WE SHOULD WATCH OUT FOR?

MANY THANKS
DARREN, NYREEN, SAMUEL & BENJAMIN
Old Nov 8th 2008, 12:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

lolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: EMERGRATING TO THE BUNBURY AREA

hi and welcome to the forum,

we're moving to the bunbury area in january.
have visited there a couple of times when we we're on our reckie, my OH had an interview there. but unfortunately cant tell you too much.

i quite liked dalyellup which is just a little south from the CBD (approx 10mins). it has a brand new school opening in january 'dalyellup college' and a local private school Ocean forest lutheran college - both cater for all years, well dalyellup college will probably by the time you arrive. they're phasing in the years.

re bunbury, from what i saw it had enough out of town shops etc (bunnings etc...it even had a shop called 'florest gump' a local florest....made me laugh ) - it has a local mall, although no WA malls compare to uk ones from what i saw, and a nice little quaint town centre.
beaches and dolphins on the doorstep - how many uk town centres have beaches and dolphins saying that most of the WA population live near a beach!

there are other people on here who live in the bunbury area who may be able to tell you more than me?!

hope all goes well for you
lisa
Old Nov 8th 2008, 12:29 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Just a little ettiquette note for internet forums...Please turn off the caps lock on your keyboard before typing. It's considered shouting, and difficult to read.

As for Bunbury, there are a few posters here living in the Bunbury area so hopefully you will get some replies.
Old Nov 8th 2008, 1:14 pm
Just Joined

Location: ROSSENDALE (20 MILES NORTH WEST OF MANCHESTER) IN THE UK
DARREN AND NYREEN is an unknown quantity at this point

hi, thanks for the info, the schools are very important as we have two young boys, Samuel who is 7 and Benjamin who is 3.

Once you get settled please let us know how you get on, and the very best of luck with the move.

regards
darren, nyreen and family

Originally Posted by lolylew
hi and welcome to the forum,

we're moving to the bunbury area in january.
have visited there a couple of times when we we're on our reckie, my OH had an interview there. but unfortunately cant tell you too much.

i quite liked dalyellup which is just a little south from the CBD (approx 10mins). it has a brand new school opening in january 'dalyellup college' and a local private school Ocean forest lutheran college - both cater for all years, well dalyellup college will probably by the time you arrive. they're phasing in the years.

re bunbury, from what i saw it had enough out of town shops etc (bunnings etc...it even had a shop called 'florest gump' a local florest....made me laugh ) - it has a local mall, although no WA malls compare to uk ones from what i saw, and a nice little quaint town centre.
beaches and dolphins on the doorstep - how many uk town centres have beaches and dolphins saying that most of the WA population live near a beach!

there are other people on here who live in the bunbury area who may be able to tell you more than me?!

hope all goes well for you
lisa
Old Nov 8th 2008, 9:37 pm
From Wicklow to Perth

silverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nicesilverski is just really nice

Originally Posted by DARREN AND NYREEN
HI

PLEASE CAN ANYBODY HELP US?

MY FAMILY AND I HAVE BOOKED TO VISIT SOUTH WESTERN AUSTRALIA IN APRIL 2009, WITH A VIEW TO EMERGRATING IN THE NEXT 2 - 3 YEARS.

AFTER LOOKING AT WEBSITES AND BOOKS, THE BUNBURY AREA SEEMS TO A VERY UP AND COMING AREA AND GREAT PLACE TO BRING UP OUR TWO BOYS.

PLEASE CAN ANYONE PASS ON ANY INFORMATION AND ADVICE FOR OUR PLANNED TRIP NEXT YEAR, WHERE WE SHOULD BE LOOKING AND WHAT WE SHOULD WATCH OUT FOR?

MANY THANKS
DARREN, NYREEN, SAMUEL & BENJAMIN
HI there,

we will be moving to an area close to there in the new year, will help all we can if you need.

What type of work are going to be seeking.

We will heading to Dunsborough.

Regards
Silverski
Old Nov 9th 2008, 12:38 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

We are in this area, although we live at Leschenault, just the other side of Australind to the north of Bunbury.

Cant help with schools i'm afraid as our daughter is only 17 months old...!
What work do you do?
Old Nov 9th 2008, 3:55 am
Forum Regular

foxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nicefoxall22 is just really nice

Hi,

We live in the Bunbury area, great place to live IMHO. Re schools: I am a primary school teacher and there are good schools and bad schools - the same as everywhere else.

Just phone them up and ask for a tour, you can get a good vibe of the school that way.

Dalyellup has a nice beach etc. but generally consists of 100s of big houses on small blocks. There are lots of options and lots of suburbs. I find the shops more than sufficient but my friends who love clothes shopping and labels do not like it here.

Good luck,
Gemma
Old Nov 9th 2008, 11:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Agree about the shops, more than adequate for my liking but friend from Perth is always moaning they are crap!!!
Old Nov 10th 2008, 12:47 am
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bridie
Agree about the shops, more than adequate for my liking but friend from Perth is always moaning they are crap!!!
i live nr perth and i think the clothes in perth are crap
Old Nov 10th 2008, 7:13 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Hi - I moved to Australind with my 2 kids nearly a year ago and we are loving it. They both go to Australind Senior High which has an excellent reputation I have since heard (though it really was more luck than spending hours going around the schools) There are a couple of High Schools in Bunbury but it wouldnt be fair for me to comment on them when i dont know much about them) we are happy with our choice and my kids confidence has sky rocketed since they have been there.
Australind has everything you need on a day to day basis, Coles, Banks, Fast food, DVD shop, chemist, liquor store etc etc and Bunbury is only a 15 min drive. Bunbury centre isnt that big but (In MY opinion) is beautiful and has a great character. Im not into shopping so it suits me but i think a shopaholic or someone into all the latest fashions may find it a bit frustrating. Having said that its only a couple of hours into Perth if you need a fix.
The beaches are lovely and the sporting facitilites for kids (and adults) are great.
i dont know Dalyellup well at all but sure someone will pop up on here that does.
Not really sure what else you want to know but ask away if you have any questions.
Old Nov 10th 2008, 4:24 pm
Forum Regular

noggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to all

please turn off your capital locks as its difficult to read!!!!!!
Old Nov 11th 2008, 8:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hitchcock71
i live nr perth and i think the clothes in perth are crap
This is a pretty standard opinion re clothes in Perth to which most if not all women with out side experience state so often that it has too be true.
My OH usually waits for Europe to stock up but has found a few things in Sydney of interest.
Old Nov 14th 2008, 2:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Not sure if you're on facebook but I just started a new group http://www.facebook.com/s.php?sid=b5...id=52343716064
Old Nov 14th 2008, 7:46 am
Forum Regular

criodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud of

So, folks, do you think they are more stylish on the east coast!?!
Old Nov 14th 2008, 9:34 am
BE Enthusiast

lolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by bridie
Not sure if you're on facebook but I just started a new group http://www.facebook.com/s.php?sid=b5...id=52343716064

hi,

have joined as i'm a very soon to be one of you should be booking the flights tonight for 11th january

look forward to seeing you

lisa

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.