Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

embarrasing question !!!!

embarrasing question !!!!

Old May 21st 2005, 5:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute
Red face embarrasing question !!!!

I suppose i should know this as everyone else seems to ! but what is karma ???? how do you get it or give it to someone ? i seem to have a little blue box by my name, & 13 reputation points mmmmmmmm

Puzzled from Poole
Old May 21st 2005, 5:16 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road
Default Re: embarrasing question !!!!

Originally Posted by nickyjohnt

I suppose i should know this as everyone else seems to ! but what is karma ???? how do you get it or give it to someone ? i seem to have a little blue box by my name, & 13 reputation points mmmmmmmm

Puzzled from Poole
I think you click on the blue box on the bottom left of message. I am still learning my way. What are reputation points and how do you know you've got them? I wouldn't have a clue about me only that I have got a star turned up by my name on the messages.

It's not embarrassing anyway, everyone has to start out at some point.
Old May 21st 2005, 5:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Puzzled from Poole
Hi,
It's what people give you if they liked a post, or perhaps for good luck etc. Apparently the more karma somebody has received the more points they give.
You can give karma by clicking on the blue karma box at the bottom of somebodys post.

Karma on its way
Tracey
Old May 21st 2005, 5:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
I think you click on the blue box on the bottom left of message. I am still learning my way. What are reputation points and how do you know you've got them? I wouldn't have a clue about me only that I have got a star turned up by my name on the messages.

You can check your points and karma messages by going into my profile at the top of the page.
Some karma on its way to you too
Tracey
Old May 21st 2005, 5:18 pm
When?? We ask ourselves!!

andy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really nice

Originally Posted by tracey.d
Hi,
It's what people give you if they liked a post, or perhaps for good luck etc. Apparently the more karma somebody has received the more points they give.
You can give karma by clicking on the blue karma box at the bottom of somebodys post.

Karma on its way
Tracey
The real truth is that it is a posting disease and you need to see the 'Forum' doctor immediately!

Jayne
Old May 21st 2005, 5:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Karma on its way
Tracey
cheers Tracey !

Just sent you my very first karma thingy !!!!!
Old May 21st 2005, 5:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks to whoever it was who sent me some Don't know who it was because you haven't signed it

Tracey
Old May 21st 2005, 5:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks to whoever it was who sent me some Don't know who it was because you haven't signed it

Tracey

Doh!!!! that was me ......
Old May 21st 2005, 5:27 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

You can check your points and karma messages by going into my profile at the top of the page.
Some karma on its way to you too
Tracey
Thank you so much Tracey, I shall return the favour. I feel like a grown up forum member now with some Karma!
Old May 21st 2005, 6:04 pm
When?? We ask ourselves!!

andy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really nice

Thank you so much Tracey, I shall return the favour. I feel like a grown up forum member now with some Karma!

After having read a few threads just recently, I do not think that 'grown up' comes into it This is like the on-line version of a 'playground'. I love it!

Jayne Virtual karma to you all
Old May 21st 2005, 7:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

BobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of light

what is karma ???? how do you get it or give it to someone ? mmmmmmmm

Puzzled from Poole
Korma is a rich, creamy Indian dish usually consisting of chicken i.e Chicken Korma

Not to be confused with Jalfrezi, this dish is suited to those who prefer a milder Indian dish

This dish can easily be obtained from your local Curry House or even the local supermarket (albeit in a microwaveable format)

If you're feeling adventurous, please follow the guide below:

Chicken Korma

Dish Details:low-carb

INGREDIENTS:

iVillage rooster50g natural cashew nuts
3 tbsp sunflower or soya oil
2 bay leaves, crumbled
1 large onion, thinly sliced
1 garlic clove, crushed, or 2½ tsp garlic paste
2.5cm cube fresh root ginger, peeled and finely grated, or 2½ tsp ginger paste
1 tbsp coriander
1 tsp ground cumin
½ tsp ground turmeric
½ tsp chilli powder
8 chicken thighs, skinned
75g whole milk natural yoghurt, beaten
140ml single cream

To garnish
1 tbsp toasted flaked almonds
½ tsp paprika
1 tsp salt, or to taste
¼ tsp freshly ground pepper
Garlic Rice, to serve

PREPARATION:

1. Put the cashews in a small bowl and pour over 100ml boiling water. Set aside for 15-20 minutes. 2. In a heavy-based pan with a tight-fitting lid, heat the oil over a medium heat. Add the bay leaves. Allow to sizzle for 15-20 seconds, then add the onion, garlic and ginger. Fry until the onions are soft and slightly brown (8-9 minutes).

3. Add the coriander, cumin, turmeric, chilli powder and pepper. Fry for 30 seconds. Add 50ml hot water. Stir until the water evaporates.

4. Add the chicken. Increase the heat to medium-high. Fry, stirring all the time, until the chicken changes colour.

5. Add the yoghurt, salt and 50ml hot water. Stir and mix thoroughly. Cover the pan tightly, reduce the heat to low and cook for 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.

6. Put the cashews, along with the water in which they were soaked, into a blender. Add the cream and purée until smooth. Add to the pan.

7. Cover again and simmer for a further 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally (you can simmer uncovered to reduce the sauce if necessary), then remove from the heat and transfer the korma to a serving dish.

8.Garnish with the toasted almonds and sprinkle the paprika over the top. Serve with Garlic Rice.

PREP/COOK
INFORMATION:

Prep time: 45 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Serves: 4

Old May 21st 2005, 7:02 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Puzzled from Poole
I've sent you some more to get you started.

G
Old May 21st 2005, 7:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

hooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nice

Originally Posted by BobbyDazzler
Korma is a rich, creamy Indian dish usually consisting of chicken i.e Chicken Korma

Not to be confused with Jalfrezi, this dish is suited to those who prefer a milder Indian dish

This dish can easily be obtained from your local Curry House or even the local supermarket (albeit in a microwaveable format)

If you're feeling adventurous, please follow the guide below:

Chicken Korma

Dish Details:low-carb

INGREDIENTS:

iVillage rooster50g natural cashew nuts
3 tbsp sunflower or soya oil
2 bay leaves, crumbled
1 large onion, thinly sliced
1 garlic clove, crushed, or 2½ tsp garlic paste
2.5cm cube fresh root ginger, peeled and finely grated, or 2½ tsp ginger paste
1 tbsp coriander
1 tsp ground cumin
½ tsp ground turmeric
½ tsp chilli powder
8 chicken thighs, skinned
75g whole milk natural yoghurt, beaten
140ml single cream

To garnish
1 tbsp toasted flaked almonds
½ tsp paprika
1 tsp salt, or to taste
¼ tsp freshly ground pepper
Garlic Rice, to serve

PREPARATION:

1. Put the cashews in a small bowl and pour over 100ml boiling water. Set aside for 15-20 minutes. 2. In a heavy-based pan with a tight-fitting lid, heat the oil over a medium heat. Add the bay leaves. Allow to sizzle for 15-20 seconds, then add the onion, garlic and ginger. Fry until the onions are soft and slightly brown (8-9 minutes).

3. Add the coriander, cumin, turmeric, chilli powder and pepper. Fry for 30 seconds. Add 50ml hot water. Stir until the water evaporates.

4. Add the chicken. Increase the heat to medium-high. Fry, stirring all the time, until the chicken changes colour.

5. Add the yoghurt, salt and 50ml hot water. Stir and mix thoroughly. Cover the pan tightly, reduce the heat to low and cook for 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.

6. Put the cashews, along with the water in which they were soaked, into a blender. Add the cream and purée until smooth. Add to the pan.

7. Cover again and simmer for a further 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally (you can simmer uncovered to reduce the sauce if necessary), then remove from the heat and transfer the korma to a serving dish.

8.Garnish with the toasted almonds and sprinkle the paprika over the top. Serve with Garlic Rice.

PREP/COOK
INFORMATION:

Prep time: 45 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Serves: 4

Brilliant, have sent you some karma
Theresa
Old May 21st 2005, 7:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

hooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nice

Puzzled from Poole

Have sent you some karma
Theresa
Old May 21st 2005, 7:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sent you some too.
Theresa

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.