Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

email of job offer in a contract...is it legally binding

email of job offer in a contract...is it legally binding

Old Feb 3rd 2008, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

krestsaf has a brilliant futurekrestsaf has a brilliant futurekrestsaf has a brilliant futurekrestsaf has a brilliant futurekrestsaf has a brilliant futurekrestsaf has a brilliant future
Default email of job offer in a contract...is it legally binding

hi i have been offered a job in qld and the contract was emailed to me, i was told if i accepted and emailed it back it would be legally binding

is this so?

what is the legal term for it under aussie law?

as i want to sign and send back, just a bit worried about it being not legally binding hten i accept it and get there and it all go wrong and i have nothing to protect me!!!

plse help asap

cheers xx
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

moonstaruk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: email of job offer in a contract...is it legally binding

Originally Posted by krestsaf
hi i have been offered a job in qld and the contract was emailed to me, i was told if i accepted and emailed it back it would be legally binding

is this so?

what is the legal term for it under aussie law?

as i want to sign and send back, just a bit worried about it being not legally binding hten i accept it and get there and it all go wrong and i have nothing to protect me!!!

plse help asap

cheers xx
Contract law

It is just as possible to make a legally binding contract via e-mail as it is by letter or orally. Workers need to be aware of the danger of inadvertently making contracts on behalf of their employer, or varying the terms of any existing contract
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 11:07 pm
Unspoilt by progress.....

The Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud of
Default Re: email of job offer in a contract...is it legally binding

Originally Posted by moonstaruk
Contract law

It is just as possible to make a legally binding contract via e-mail as it is by letter or orally. Workers need to be aware of the danger of inadvertently making contracts on behalf of their employer, or varying the terms of any existing contract
I second moonstaruk's advice.