British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   email from case officer- what do you think??? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/email-case-officer-what-do-you-think-311544/)

dh1905 Jul 1st 2005 1:20 pm

email from case officer- what do you think???

We have recevied an email to confirm receipt of x rays and additional docs requested, and the co has put " your application will be finalised wthin the week".

What does this mean, do you think we've got it???? :scared:

KatieStar Jul 1st 2005 1:23 pm

Re: email from case officer- what do you think???

Originally Posted by dh1905
We have recevied an email to confirm receipt of x rays and additional docs requested, and the co has put " your application will be finalised wthin the week".

Not sure it means you have got it, but you will find out very soon, in a week. :D Good luck

Katie

swissfabs Jul 1st 2005 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by dh1905

Can't say for sure but there is 99% chance it will be in ur mailbox withing the week :-)

fabie

dh1905 Jul 1st 2005 1:31 pm

thanks for your thoughts, lets just hope we do hear now within in the week, I will be on pins now until we hear something!
Why did he have to put that, I wouldnt have been bothered if he had just said nothing!!

Jacqui Jul 1st 2005 1:43 pm

Our case officer advised us by email that we had been granted our visa and even attached a copy of it. I didn't tell hubby though until the "real" thing dropped through the letterbox in a yellow envelope a week later.

Bix Jul 1st 2005 1:51 pm

Sorry DH but this is similar lingo to what my CO used and it only meant the decision will be made one way or the other.

Hope it's positive news soon :)

CasG Jul 1st 2005 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by Bix
Sorry DH but this is similar lingo to what my CO used and it only meant the decision will be made one way or the other.

Hope it's positive news soon :)

They don't send you to NZ to validate armed with a Pre-grant and not give it you do they!! :scared:

Bix Jul 1st 2005 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
They don't send you to NZ to validate armed with a Pre-grant and not give it you do they!! :scared:

Depends if you have behaved yourself :D

No. I am sure a pre-grant is very different :)

CasG Jul 1st 2005 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by Bix
Depends if you have behaved yourself :D

No. I am sure a pre-grant is very different :)

Err - can I refrain from answering ;)

and - phew! :D