Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

An email from ANGLO PACIFIC

An email from ANGLO PACIFIC

Old Sep 6th 2004, 1:42 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default An email from ANGLO PACIFIC

I thought you all, esp Pollyana would be interested to read the reply I have received from AP. I emailed them after reading what happened to that poor guy in NZ......

Dear Lucy,

I am sorry to hear that you are cancelling your survey. That said I would probably have done the same thing had I read this information. But as usual this is only one side of the story. I do not plan in going into detail about this consignment. Suffice to say we did everything we possibly could to try to rectify the situation, but nothing seemed to be good enough.

We deeply regret any of our clients receiving damage to their goods and we try our utmost to ensure everything arrives in one piece. We ship thousands of people all over the world and 99.9% of the time the goods all arrive intact and the clients are very happy with our service. This unfortunately did not happen with the consignment in question. It was subject to human error and despite all our efforts, we, like all business's are still subject to this, which is regrettable.

Good luck with your move and I sincerely hope all goes well for you. Believe it or not we are a very reputable international removal company and only deal with equivalent companies around the world. Therefore please feel free to call me to discuss any detail of your move or if you need any information. This is not a sales pitch in any way its' just that as a New Zealander myself I take all complaints about the company personally.

All the best.

Yours Sincerely
David Williams
General Manager
Anglo Pacific International Plc
Units 1 & 2 Bush Industrial Estate
Standard Road
LONDON
NW10 6DF

Hats off to them for responding......I still wouldnt touch them with a bargepole though!!!
Old Sep 6th 2004, 2:14 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: An email from ANGLO PACIFIC

Yep, well done for responding. I agree its only one side of the story, but there seem to be a lot of similar stories about them at present, not just the poor NZ guy.
I'm sure that "99.9% of the time the goods all arrive intact and the clients are very happy with our service" but its the rest that they should be worrying about...and if this site lately is anything to go by, the missing 1% is quite a lot of disgruntled customers.
"Human error" seems to be a problem with them - thats what they blamed for the fact that they told me they had left part of my consignment on Tilbury docks, and didn't know where it was or whether it would ever be seen again. When pressed, my removal firm (equally useless) went back to them and reported that ***** ******** were "rather busy at present, so we should all expect problems and not get upset about it" - I responded that it wasn't him who was wondering which part of his photos/books/letters/personal possessions had gone missing for ever, but he just said that to get "emotional over personal possessions was a bit dramatic"...... I think most people who have been through the shipping experience would get emotional if they thought part of their consignment was missing, especially when you bear in mind that I didn't ship furniture, just personal belongings.

I like his bit about only dealing with reputable companies as well - must e-mail him regarding that excuse for a removal firm operating in Hove.......

"Believe it or not we are a very reputable international removal company ".......hmm, I shall continue to refer to them as ***** ********, and would never recommend them to anyone.
Old Sep 6th 2004, 5:08 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: An email from ANGLO PACIFIC

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Yep, well done for responding. I agree its only one side of the story, but there seem to be a lot of similar stories about them at present, not just the poor NZ guy.
A quick check of the British Association of Removers website http://www.removers.org.uk showed this particular firm is a member.

I don't know what process (if any) BAR have in dealing with complaints made, however.

Jeremy