Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

email address for Singapore Airlines - Luggage Allowance

email address for Singapore Airlines - Luggage Allowance

Old Sep 11th 2007, 7:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

nurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant future
Default email address for Singapore Airlines - Luggage Allowance

Right have booked flights and just need to email Singapore Airlines and receive written confirmation of (I hope) increased baggage allowance - Can I find the email address - No! I am able to leave feedback but not ask about luggage allowance anyone done this and can you tell me who to contact!

Lindsey
Old Sep 11th 2007, 7:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

scotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to all
Default Re: email address for Singapore Airlines - Luggage Allowance

We e-mailed them about something else and this is the address we used - [email protected]
Old Sep 12th 2007, 11:12 am
BE Enthusiast

nurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant future

Many Thanks - have just sent it! Hoping that they will give us an increased allowance in view of the fact that we are having a stopover in Singapore for 3 days. Anyone any experience of this?

Lindsey
Old Sep 12th 2007, 11:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Nic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by nurselindsey
Many Thanks - have just sent it! Hoping that they will give us an increased allowance in view of the fact that we are having a stopover in Singapore for 3 days. Anyone any experience of this?

Lindsey
We are flying with Singapore Airlines and having a 3 day stopover and we got the increased luggage allowance to 40kg and there is a left luggage place you can leave everything and just take one suitcase for your 3 night trip in the airport.

Nic
Old Sep 12th 2007, 7:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

bruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to all
Smile Re: email address for Singapore Airlines - Luggage Allowance

Originally Posted by nurselindsey
Right have booked flights and just need to email Singapore Airlines and receive written confirmation of (I hope) increased baggage allowance - Can I find the email address - No! I am able to leave feedback but not ask about luggage allowance anyone done this and can you tell me who to contact!

Lindsey
We used the UK feed back link and this is what we got back( content of our query at the bottom)

Bruce

Dear Sir

Thank you for your email regarding migrant baggage allowance to Australia.

Passengers emigrating to Australia are entitled to double baggage allowance providing they are holding the correct visa.

The visa must be an unused migrant visa that states to remain in Australia indefinitely. If you are holding this visa you will be entitled to double baggage allowance on production of the visa at check in.

You can have as many items of luggage as you wish providing no one single item of baggage exceeds 32kgs in weight. This is a health and safety requirement.

If you are not holding the correct visa then we will only be able to waive an additional 5kgs to your free checked baggage allowance.

Singapore Airlines policy on cabin baggage allows you to carry one item of cabin baggage only, per passenger, which must not weigh more than 7 kilos, and must not exceed 115cm in dimensions (height + depth + width). There are currently strict guidelines regarding to carry on baggage and we would strongly advise you to visit www.dft.gov.uk for these restrictions.

Kind regards
Singapore Airlines

Tel: 0844 800 2380
Fax: 0208 563 6753
www.singaporeair.co.uk

<********.com>
08/05/2007 07:22 PM
Please respond to ********

To: <[email protected]>
cc:
Subject: Migration baggage allowance

Dear Sir/madam

My family and I have obtained a permanent residence visa to live in Australia and plan to use your airline service (London - Singapore - Adelaide) some time in September. Our visa's are unused and I have been told that your airline offers migrants 40 kilograms free luggage allowance each.

Please could you confirm if this is true.

Thanks

__________________________________________________ ______________________
Singapore Airlines (UK)
Registered Office Address: Building 11, Chiswick Park, London, W4 5YS
Registration Number: FC007443
Registered in London
Visit us at http://www.singaporeair.com

This message may contain confidential and privileged information to
Singapore Airlines Ltd (SIA) . If you are not the intended
addressee, please notify SIA by return email immediately, and delete
the message from your computer. Any use, copy or disclosure of the message or
any information contained therein to anyone for any purpose other than as permitted
by SIA is strictly prohibited, and any such use may result in legal
proceedings. SIA does not guarantee and is not liable for the
security of any information electronically transmitted or for the proper
and complete transmission of the information contained in this
communication, or for any delay in its receipt.

Old Sep 12th 2007, 7:17 pm

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nic938
We are flying with Singapore Airlines and having a 3 day stopover and we got the increased luggage allowance to 40kg and there is a left luggage place you can leave everything and just take one suitcase for your 3 night trip in the airport.

Nic
Hi Nic

Just booked our flights yesterday via singapore on the 24 th January with a 4 day stop over in singapore Mercant Court Hotel.

we are only entitled to 20 Kg because we have already validated .....will try for more though in the next few weeks.

Hope your ok Hun.......)

Last edited by Issie; Sep 12th 2007 at 7:29 pm.
Old Sep 12th 2007, 9:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Issie
Hi Nic

Just booked our flights yesterday via singapore on the 24 th January with a 4 day stop over in singapore Mercant Court Hotel.

we are only entitled to 20 Kg because we have already validated .....will try for more though in the next few weeks.

Hope your ok Hun.......)
Hey Donna

Was just thinking about you that I hadn't heard from you. Are you ok? Like me probably running about like a mad thing. Congratulations on the flights it feels real when you have booked them. PM me soon.

Nic
Old Sep 20th 2007, 8:14 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have to book your flights first with Singapore Airlines and then send them the email or can you email them before?

Sorry to sound simple but I didnt know if there was a way of doing it to secure the extra allowance.

I wonder if a laptop would count as all of your hand luggage?
Old Sep 20th 2007, 8:16 am
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Do you have to book your flights first with Singapore Airlines and then send them the email or can you email them before?

Sorry to sound simple but I didnt know if there was a way of doing it to secure the extra allowance.

I wonder if a laptop would count as all of your hand luggage?
you are only allowed one bag through customs in the uk so a laptop bag would be yr hand luggage x

tiff
Old Sep 20th 2007, 8:22 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hitchcock71
you are only allowed one bag through customs in the uk so a laptop bag would be yr hand luggage x

tiff
I shall stuff my smalls in Mr PP's bag then
Old Sep 20th 2007, 8:24 am
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I shall stuff my smalls in Mr PP's bag then
its a real pain when you migrating to only be able to have 1 hand bag
Old Sep 20th 2007, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by hitchcock71
its a real pain when you migrating to only be able to have 1 hand bag
I dont know how much my laptop ways but I might put it in a small holdall kind of thing.

And pray Singapore Airlines dont lose our luggage.
Old Sep 20th 2007, 11:11 am
BE Enthusiast

donovandenese will become famous soon enough

do the flights have to be one way only to get the increased allowance?
Old Sep 20th 2007, 12:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bruce67
We used the UK feed back link and this is what we got back( content of our query at the bottom)

Bruce

Dear Sir

Thank you for your email regarding migrant baggage allowance to Australia.

Passengers emigrating to Australia are entitled to double baggage allowance providing they are holding the correct visa.

The visa must be an unused migrant visa that states to remain in Australia indefinitely. If you are holding this visa you will be entitled to double baggage allowance on production of the visa at check in.

You can have as many items of luggage as you wish providing no one single item of baggage exceeds 32kgs in weight. This is a health and safety requirement.

If you are not holding the correct visa then we will only be able to waive an additional 5kgs to your free checked baggage allowance.

Singapore Airlines policy on cabin baggage allows you to carry one item of cabin baggage only, per passenger, which must not weigh more than 7 kilos, and must not exceed 115cm in dimensions (height + depth + width). There are currently strict guidelines regarding to carry on baggage and we would strongly advise you to visit www.dft.gov.uk for these restrictions.

Kind regards
Singapore Airlines

Tel: 0844 800 2380
Fax: 0208 563 6753
www.singaporeair.co.uk

<********.com>
08/05/2007 07:22 PM
Please respond to ********

To: <[email protected]>
cc:
Subject: Migration baggage allowance

Dear Sir/madam

My family and I have obtained a permanent residence visa to live in Australia and plan to use your airline service (London - Singapore - Adelaide) some time in September. Our visa's are unused and I have been told that your airline offers migrants 40 kilograms free luggage allowance each.

Please could you confirm if this is true.

Thanks

Singapore Airlines (UK)
Registered Office Address: Building 11, Chiswick Park, London, W4 5YS
Registration Number: FC007443
Registered in London
Visit us at http://www.singaporeair.com

This message may contain confidential and privileged information to
Singapore Airlines Ltd (SIA) . If you are not the intended
addressee, please notify SIA by return email immediately, and delete
the message from your computer. Any use, copy or disclosure of the message or
any information contained therein to anyone for any purpose other than as permitted
by SIA is strictly prohibited, and any such use may result in legal
proceedings. SIA does not guarantee and is not liable for the
security of any information electronically transmitted or for the proper
and complete transmission of the information contained in this
communication, or for any delay in its receipt.

Standard reply above it is what I have ....Printed a copy of it address to me will had it over to the desk when checking in
Old Sep 20th 2007, 2:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

i got the same email today but i am not a pr iam 457 so it looks like i ger 25kilos instead of the normal 20

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.