Reload this Page >

Eltham, Templestowe and Skye

Eltham, Templestowe and Skye

Old Nov 23rd 2004, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

caz41 will become famous soon enough
Post Eltham, Templestowe and Skye

Hi,

Anybody got any information on these areas, property is quite reasonable both the rent and buy, whats the catch!!

thanks Caz
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 5:42 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Eltham, Templestowe and Skye

Originally Posted by caz41
Hi,

Anybody got any information on these areas, property is quite reasonable both the rent and buy, whats the catch!!

thanks Caz

Don't know Skye Caz but Eltham & Templestowe are excellant areas, if you can get reasonably priced property in those areas its certainly worth looking into.
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 5:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bordy
Don't know Skye Caz but Eltham & Templestowe are excellant areas, if you can get reasonably priced property in those areas its certainly worth looking into.
Hi Bordy

thanks for that, still unsure where we will end up, but will be there very soon.

Caz
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 6:07 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by caz41
Hi Bordy

thanks for that, still unsure where we will end up, but will be there very soon.

Caz

Its heating up nicely for you Caz, we have 21 degrees today, 28 tomorrow, 32 on Friday & 34 on Saturday, wooohooo.
Shorts & suncream this weekend.
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 6:11 pm
Forum Regular

Its heating up nicely for you Caz, we have 21 degrees today, 28 tomorrow, 32 on Friday & 34 on Saturday, wooohooo.
Shorts & suncream this weekend.
Can't wait, think jumpers away, and by god have we needed them in the past week, tshirts out.

Caz
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 7:51 pm
Just Joined

slimdonnybabe is an unknown quantity at this point

As regards Skye. Went with my hubby to look out that way yesterday and with apologies to anyone living in Skye, I must say I would choose somewhere like Templestowe instead. It's quite a small community on the edge of Carrum Downs with bog standard bungalow type houses. It's got good road links to the rest of Melbourne though.
If Templestowe wasn't so far away from the coast we'd be living there now. It's fantastic.
Old Nov 24th 2004, 3:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light

I really like Eltham, it's very hilly and pretty, the property is reasonable and it has a train directly to the city. We were considering buying there but have decided to put buying on hold for a year or so. We will go back and look at Eltham at that time but the only drawback for us is that my sister lives in Prahran and I would prefer to live as close to her as possible. One other issue that some people have mentioned is that there is no freeway from Eltham to the city and so if you drive, it's generally single-lane traffic. There was a show on TV a couple of weeks ago saying that Eltham is "the place to buy" at the moment and I think is one of the few places in Melbourne where the house prices have not dropped.
Old Nov 24th 2004, 3:25 am
The Godfather

Originally Posted by Shellfish
I really like Eltham, it's very hilly and pretty, the property is reasonable and it has a train directly to the city. We were considering buying there but have decided to put buying on hold for a year or so. We will go back and look at Eltham at that time but the only drawback for us is that my sister lives in Prahran and I would prefer to live as close to her as possible. One other issue that some people have mentioned is that there is no freeway from Eltham to the city and so if you drive, it's generally single-lane traffic. There was a show on TV a couple of weeks ago saying that Eltham is "the place to buy" at the moment and I think is one of the few places in Melbourne where the house prices have not dropped.

Once my powerball numbers come up later tonight I'll help you out with a house in Eltham.
Old Nov 24th 2004, 3:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light

Once my powerball numbers come up later tonight I'll help you out with a house in Eltham.
At the risk of sounding greedy, if your numbers come up then could we consider...umm, Camberwell perhaps
Old Nov 24th 2004, 3:33 am
The Godfather

At the risk of sounding greedy, if your numbers come up then could we consider...umm, Camberwell perhaps

Now we don't want you becoming a snob. !!!
Old Nov 24th 2004, 3:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Now we don't want you becoming a snob. !!!
You going to move to Eltham when you win?
Old Nov 24th 2004, 3:42 am
The Godfather

You going to move to Eltham when you win?

Nahhh I'm happy in Ferntree Gully but I might put in a swimming pool, a bbq plumbed into the gas mains & just a nice entertaining area.
Old Nov 24th 2004, 5:58 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Eltham, Templestowe and even Greensborough, Hurstbridge or Diamond Creek are all really nice areas and well worth considering.

I was in Greensborough just a couple of weeks ago and on the weekend, it only took us 30 mins to get to St Kilda. So the travelling from there isnt too bad to the City.

If I was moving to Melbourne, I would definatly be looking in that area.
Old Nov 24th 2004, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by slimdonnybabe
As regards Skye. Went with my hubby to look out that way yesterday and with apologies to anyone living in Skye, I must say I would choose somewhere like Templestowe instead. It's quite a small community on the edge of Carrum Downs with bog standard bungalow type houses. It's got good road links to the rest of Melbourne though.
If Templestowe wasn't so far away from the coast we'd be living there now. It's fantastic.
hi.

thanks for that, I must admit I did have my reservations about skye, but looking at real estate it did look reasonable, but I must admit, I think I am more drawn to the greener areas, and templestowe, eltham etc or ferntree gully area sounds and looks nice, I guess we will be able to get more of an idea in a few weeks when we get there, it is just finding an area to start.

Caz
Old Nov 24th 2004, 10:30 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Hels
Eltham, Templestowe and even Greensborough, Hurstbridge or Diamond Creek are all really nice areas and well worth considering.

I was in Greensborough just a couple of weeks ago and on the weekend, it only took us 30 mins to get to St Kilda. So the travelling from there isnt too bad to the City.

If I was moving to Melbourne, I would definatly be looking in that area.
Hi Hels

I have actually seen a couple of places in Greensborough, so I will also be looking around there too.

thanks

Caz