Eltham

Old May 16th 2007, 11:31 am
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Eltham

Hi

Can anyone tell me about Eltham, Vic-its pros and cons and general feel?

Have asked on Britvics and had a couple of helpful replies but still trying to build up a picture

Thanks
Old May 16th 2007, 12:37 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Eltham

Originally Posted by JoolsB
Hi

Can anyone tell me about Eltham, Vic-its pros and cons and general feel?

Have asked on Britvics and had a couple of helpful replies but still trying to build up a picture

Thanks

I live in Eltham. It is a beautiful place, feels very country town. Big main road, quite fast traffic. Several restaurants and schools, two bars. Large houses, blends into Greensborough/Monty/Briar Hill/St Helena. Bit of a trek if you are depending on public transport. Feel free to PM for further info.
Old May 17th 2007, 10:43 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat055 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Could you tell me what the journey time is like to the airport?

Eltham is on our areas list, but need to know journey times as I will be flying most weeks.

Thanks

Pete
Old May 17th 2007, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

chmaiden has a spectacular aura aboutchmaiden has a spectacular aura aboutchmaiden has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by ValeSpark
Hi,

Eltham is on our areas list, but need to know journey times as I will be flying most weeks.

Thanks

Pete
i'd also like to know travel times tot he CBD - i have looked at the metrolink page but do they run ok?!
Old May 17th 2007, 11:59 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: Eltham

Originally Posted by chmaiden
i'd also like to know travel times tot he CBD - i have looked at the metrolink page but do they run ok?!
No...if you are used to trains in the UK....you should be used to what they are like here...public transport pah!

Delayed, reduced carriages, dirty, full of oiks with the feet on the seats...ps it is generally 50 to 55 minutes on the train to the cbd.

I get the 0715 express, I get in to Flinders at 0806.
I get the 1649 limited express back, I arrive in Eltham 1740.
Old May 18th 2007, 12:01 am
A rather curious boy

Originally Posted by ValeSpark
Hi,

Thanks

Pete
It is 29kms to the airport - I have not done the journey but would expect 45 minutes to be reasonable.
Old May 18th 2007, 2:14 am
oioioi

hi there,

I went to school in Eltham and live about 15 mins closer to the city, in Templestowe. Eltham is a gorgeous place, but you can feel like you are really far away. The distance can get annoying. I would say it would take at least 45 minutes to get the airport. The thing I always struggled with is that there is really only one direct road into eltham, main road, and the traffic in peak hour is frustrating. However I do love Eltham and my boyfriend lived there and he loved the community type of feeling. To drive to the city it will take around 30 minutes on non peak hour times.

Old May 18th 2007, 2:17 am
A rather curious boy

Originally Posted by oioioi
hi there,

I went to school in Eltham and live about 15 mins closer to the city, in Templestowe. Eltham is a gorgeous place, but you can feel like you are really far away. The distance can get annoying. I would say it would take at least 45 minutes to get the airport. The thing I always struggled with is that there is really only one direct road into eltham, main road, and the traffic in peak hour is frustrating. However I do love Eltham and my boyfriend lived there and he loved the community type of feeling. To drive to the city it will take around 30 minutes on non peak hour times.
I am really good at guessing estimated journey times - those at the approx times I gave to some else in a PM!

5 days a week, the commute does get draining.