Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Electronics & Communications enginer: Can i be assessed in Vetassess??

Electronics & Communications enginer: Can i be assessed in Vetassess??

Old Feb 26th 2005, 5:32 pm
Just Joined

techno_blade2005 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Electronics & Communications enginer: Can i be assessed in Vetassess??

I am a graduate of electronics and communications engineering and is currently working as a software engineer since 2004.

I am looking for the fastest way for an assessment, so what would you guys think where i would fit in the vetassess picture??? since writing a CDR for IELTs seems more difficult and ACS requires that i have 6 years experience

Also, how long does a vetassess assessment take???

Thanks!
Old Feb 26th 2005, 6:15 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Electronics & Communications enginer: Can i be assessed in Vetassess??

Originally Posted by techno_blade2005
I am a graduate of electronics and communications engineering and is currently working as a software engineer since 2004.

I am looking for the fastest way for an assessment, so what would you guys think where i would fit in the vetassess picture??? since writing a CDR for IELTs seems more difficult and ACS requires that i have 6 years experience

Also, how long does a vetassess assessment take???

Thanks!

Visit http://www.vetassess.com.au

They require the equivalent of an Australian bachelors degree for a 50 point assessment. Degree subject is irrelevant.

Whether your Philippine degree meets this requirement depends on your university and degree grade.

This is only going to have a chance of working if you can get to the pass mark with a 50 point occupation - can you?

An Australian diploma equivalent qualification is ok for a 40 point Vetassess assessment but there might be problems with the required skill level for your work experience in that case.

Jeremy
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 5:31 am
Just Joined

techno_blade2005 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Electronics & Communications enginer: Can i be assessed in Vetassess??

Originally Posted by JAJ
Visit http://www.vetassess.com.au

They require the equivalent of an Australian bachelors degree for a 50 point assessment. Degree subject is irrelevant.

Whether your Philippine degree meets this requirement depends on your university and degree grade.

This is only going to have a chance of working if you can get to the pass mark with a 50 point occupation - can you?

An Australian diploma equivalent qualification is ok for a 40 point Vetassess assessment but there might be problems with the required skill level for your work experience in that case.

Jeremy

Sorry for asking so much questions, i just really want to pass this one and
your reply would really help me with my application process.
Anyways, I think i can pass with a 50 point occupation since i am applying for
a Designated Area Sponsored Visa.

Please correct me if my understanding of what you have said is incorrect

For a 50 point assessment, vetassess will not care what field i am aligned to just a long as i have a Degree? and regardless of work experience

and for a 40 point assessment, vetassess will accept anything higher than
an australian equivalent diploma but will consider the skills that i have acquired from my work experiences??

Also, even if i have passed any of these assessments, DIMIA would still look at my work experience, see if it is related to my vetassess assessment and figure if it fits into the picture. Please correct me if i am wrong

Your reply would be greatly appreciated
Thanks!
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 10:01 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Electronics & Communications enginer: Can i be assessed in Vetassess??

Originally Posted by techno_blade2005
For a 50 point assessment, vetassess will not care what field i am aligned to just a long as i have a Degree? and regardless of work experience
A degree equivalent to an *Australian* bachelors.
Not all Philippines bachelors degrees are equivalent to Australian bachelors.

and for a 40 point assessment, vetassess will accept anything higher than
an australian equivalent diploma but will consider the skills that i have acquired from my work experiences??
No. It's just like for a 50 point assessment, except the benchmark is that your qualification is equivalent to an Australian *diploma*.

Also, even if i have passed any of these assessments, DIMIA would still look at my work experience, see if it is related to my vetassess assessment and figure if it fits into the picture. Please correct me if i am wrong
DIMIA would basically check to see if your work experience is 'skilled' (ie in an occupation on the skilled occupations list) not to see if it's related to your Vetassess assessment.

Duties need to be sufficiently skilled (they will check this closely, especially if you don't have an IEA or ACS skill assessment, and/or you graduated recently), you need to be paid and work 20+ hours per week, and you must have the skill level (often a bachelors degree - so if you use a 40 point assessment this issue gets very complex).

Lots of people get refused because DIMIA decide they are really working in a semi-skilled or clerical occupation.

Your case is not simple and if you do it yourself you will have to accept a risk of refusal. Using an experienced professional will reduce this risk.

Incidentally, you will certainly need 2 years skilled work experience if you have a 50 point occupation and if you only graduated in 2004 you probably need more work experience before you have a chance to qualify. Unless you are applying for Skilled Designated Area Sponsored where the work experience requirement is less.

Jeremy

Last edited by JAJ; Mar 3rd 2005 at 10:05 am.