Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Electronic visa...?

Electronic visa...?

Old Feb 9th 2007, 2:27 pm
A roo in my top paddock!

Dreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of light
Default Electronic visa...?

Hello
Been told by Freedom Australia who we booked our flights with for our recce in April that we need these at a cost of £14 each.Just a case of filling a form out and a cheque and sending them off to Freedom Australia and they do the rest.
Not heard anyone else on here talking about this at all and wondered if anyone could throw any light on this.
Obviously we havent got our PR visas yet.... they are due to be granted end of April hopefully....just a little late for our recce unfortunately.
Janice
Old Feb 9th 2007, 2:30 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Electronic visa...?

You do need a visa to enter the country and the simplest way for a UK tourist to get one is online. However, it only costs $20 (about 8 quid) if you do it yourself via http://www.eta.immi.gov.au/. Tell Freedom Australia to stick it up their jacksie, you'll do it yourself
Old Feb 9th 2007, 2:32 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

PS Make sure you tell your CO that you have organised an ETA visa. Although the chances are slim, there is a chance this can cause a problem with your PR visa. Slim chance, but not worth any kind of risk I reckon
Old Feb 9th 2007, 2:33 pm
A roo in my top paddock!

Dreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks a lot for your reply.I knew i was been ripped off!
Will download that now.
Thanks again for your time and reply.
Janice
Old Feb 9th 2007, 3:30 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wmoore
PS Make sure you tell your CO that you have organised an ETA visa. Although the chances are slim, there is a chance this can cause a problem with your PR visa. Slim chance, but not worth any kind of risk I reckon
It was my understanding that the ETA was the one visa that couldn't interfere with PR etc.

Buzzy
Old Feb 9th 2007, 3:36 pm
What's happening dudes?

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
It was my understanding that the ETA was the one visa that couldn't interfere with PR etc.

Buzzy
That may be true but if it were me who had a PR application in progress, I would certainly inform the CO just in case
Old Feb 9th 2007, 3:39 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

That may be true but if it were me who had a PR application in progress, I would certainly inform the CO just in case
night shift mate?

Buzzy
Old Feb 9th 2007, 3:40 pm
What's happening dudes?

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
night shift mate?

Buzzy
Been out to the footy earlier, had a few beers and now just chilling here watching Wayne's World on telly. Actually it's just finished and it's somewhere near bed time
Old Feb 9th 2007, 3:41 pm
What's happening dudes?

Been out to the footy earlier, had a few beers and now just chilling here watching Wayne's World on telly. Actually it's just finished and it's somewhere near bed time
Hold that thought. Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure has just come on