Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Electricians in OZ

Electricians in OZ

Old Mar 21st 2011, 10:49 am
Just Joined

Hazel2011 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Electricians in OZ

Hi, I know there must be hundreds of threads like this and everyone must be fed up with the dreaded "where should i live in Australia" question!!! But here goes anyway!!

My husband and young family (3years and baby 9 months) considering a move to Australia, mainly for a better future for the kids.
My oh is an electrician with 19 years experience so would be the main visa applicant. We pretty much know the route we would need to take to get his qualification recognized in oz but just looking for some advise on where it may be best to relocate in terms of job opportunities. I have heard WA particularly Perth is in need of sparks.
But, (Sorry always a but!!) i'm looking for a family friendly, relatively safe place for the children and ideally would not like to live in the city, would prefer a smaller community, however i know that may restrict work opportunities!!!!

Is this possible!!! any advice would be greatly appreciated and if any electricians already out there would give any info that would be fantastic.