Reload this Page >

Electricians - Help with TRA

Electricians - Help with TRA

Old Jul 6th 2004, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

Susan Devoy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Electricians - Help with TRA

Hi

My husband is an electrician and we have to write a statement for TRA giving a description of the tradework that he has performed including actual duties and tasks, over what period and how frequently he has performed each duty or task, the types of machines, equipment and hand tools, measuring instruments and materials used and items that he has made or repaired!

We have most of the information but can anyone help with the wording of this statement - we are totally lost.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Susan
Old Jul 6th 2004, 10:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Electricians - Help with TRA

Originally posted by Susan Devoy
Hi

My husband is an electrician and we have to write a statement for TRA giving a description of the tradework that he has performed including actual duties and tasks, over what period and how frequently he has performed each duty or task, the types of machines, equipment and hand tools, measuring instruments and materials used and items that he has made or repaired!

We have most of the information but can anyone help with the wording of this statement - we are totally lost.

Susan
Hi Susan,

Can't help you here but just thought I'd bump this thread up for others to give you a hand.

If you do a search on "electrician" in the "Australia & New Zealand" and "Australia & New Zealand Immigration" sections, you'll find some related discussion regarding the subject. Here's a link to a thread which may be of interest to you:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...n&pagenumber=2

Good luck,
Mrs JTL
Old Jul 6th 2004, 11:11 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Susan

Statement or Stat Dec?
Old Jul 6th 2004, 11:16 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Timber Floor Au
Statement or Stat Dec?
Erm..sorry, we are new to all this so I'm not really sure, it is just what our agent has asked us to provide??

Any ideas?

Susan
Old Jul 6th 2004, 11:23 am
Just Joined

brijacq is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya Susan,

Glad to see someone else on this forum from this corner of the world.
Where does your husband/you work?
My husband is also an electrician.
What part of Oz are you off to?
Old Jul 6th 2004, 11:46 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by brijacq
Hiya Susan,

Glad to see someone else on this forum from this corner of the world.
Where does your husband/you work?
My husband is also an electrician.
What part of Oz are you off to?
Hiya

It's really nice to see another cumbrian on here - where abouts in Cumbria are you?

My husband works at Seascale, need I say anymore?

We are hoping to go to Adelaide as soon as we can but we have fell at the first hurdle - TRA!

How far are you on with your application? Where are you thinking of going?

Susan
Old Jul 6th 2004, 11:58 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Your agent should be giving you detailed guidance as to what you are required to lodge Susan. If he/she isn't then you should be asking what you are paying them for ...

Best regards.

Erm..sorry, we are new to all this so I'm not really sure, it is just what our agent has asked us to provide??

Any ideas?

Susan
Old Jul 6th 2004, 12:10 pm
Forum Regular

marleintje is an unknown quantity at this point

My husband is also electrician. We are trying to prepare for the TRA without the help of an agent. I hope we can send it off before Chrismas. He's going to do a refresher City & Guilds exam in september and join the JIB. We hope this makes his chances better. We should have no problem as all his past employers are still in bussiness incl. the one he did his apprenticeship with.
We are writing the employer statements ourselves and ask the employers to adjust where they feel the need, sign and print on letterhead.
This forum is already been of great help for us, and has convinced us that no detail is too much. We are using his old schoolbooks and the internet to find words, tools and sentences that describe properly what he did.
My hubby is not very good with language and forms so I have to put a lot of effort in that too. He makes lists and I transfer it into a story that makes sense.
We can share information and tips in this topic!
Old Jul 6th 2004, 1:11 pm
AJR
Forum Regular

AJR is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Susan
I would just like to concur with Alan Collet, your agent should be giving you guidance through this proccess.

We applied using Alan and we got all the assistance we needed,
resulting in a positive TRA.
Old Jul 6th 2004, 1:41 pm
Just Joined

brijacq is an unknown quantity at this point

Susan,

I have PM'd you
Old Jul 6th 2004, 1:45 pm
Forum Regular

terrym is just really niceterrym is just really niceterrym is just really niceterrym is just really niceterrym is just really niceterrym is just really niceterrym is just really niceterrym is just really niceterrym is just really nice

Hi

Susan
We've just got our TRA approved, I am an Electrician as well..

...nightmare isn't it!

Our agent gave us template examples of what the reference letter etc should contain and how to present it. Thats what they are paid for!

I also wrote to the City & Guilds institute to get certified copies of my apprenticeship syllabus and course content, it all helps.

I have kept copies of all paperwork sent to TRA on disk, if you get stuck drop me a line and I'll let you have a peak.

We found marrying up all of the dates to be the worst part, every time we checked them we found another one that didn't match up for some reason, due to mistakes that we had made mainly.

I would keep on at your agent, they are working for you!

Good luck.
Old Jul 6th 2004, 1:46 pm
Forum Regular

marleintje is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by AJR
Hi Susan
I would just like to concur with Alan Collet, your agent should be giving you guidance through this proccess.

We applied using Alan and we got all the assistance we needed,
resulting in a positive TRA.
Sorry, maybe I sounded like I discourage the use of an agent! I thinks it's a good idea to use an agent if you can spare the money and want to be sure of your case. I'm sure it also saves time to get the right information on how to deal with the TRA straight away, and have the agent check your employer statements before sending them off.

I have no idea if we're on the right track without an agent but we have a good feeling about it as our case is quite straightforward and we read this forum every day.
If we get turned down by the TRA we've wasted only 300 $.
The first thing I would do is get in touch with Alan or George and fork out the cash for their assistance...
Old Jul 6th 2004, 2:35 pm
still searching

woody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nice

all the statements from my previous employers just stated the date i started and finished so i had to get old gaffers to write out statements of what duties i performed, what tools i had used, also ageneral reference at the end. Because these statements were not on company paper they had to be witnessed in front of a solicitor
but as some has already said your agent should give you some idea of the layout if you need any more help get in touch as i'm in the final stages of getting all the info to send this week

:scared: :scared:
Old Jul 6th 2004, 6:34 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks everyone, I appreciate all of your help!

Susan