Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Electrician needs help with TRAC test

Electrician needs help with TRAC test

Old Aug 2nd 2012, 4:06 pm
Forum Regular

AHMMED is just really niceAHMMED is just really niceAHMMED is just really niceAHMMED is just really niceAHMMED is just really niceAHMMED is just really niceAHMMED is just really niceAHMMED is just really nice
Default Electrician needs help with TRAC test

Hi everyone
I have been an Electrician from oversees and I have 15 work experience outside Australia so now I want to get Electrician license,I went to the TAFE SA and they said to me I have to contact TRA Melbourne to do test by phone and will takes about over one hour , I'm worry and confused about this test coz I don't know what kind of questions will ask me.

I tried Peer Adelaide and they same I have to do theory and practical test and if I passed it I will do wiring course AU/NZ2003/2007 .

I don't know which way is easier with peer or TRA .

Could anyone help me to give me any Idea to those tests ?
<snip>
Ahmed

Thank you

Last edited by moneypenny20; Aug 3rd 2012 at 9:29 am. Reason: don't put phone numbers on public forum.
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 6:22 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Electrician needs help with TRAC test

You need to have an ARTC or OTSR before you can begin the process of obtaining a license. Both are skills assessments of what you already know. If you are currently in Australia, you can apply to TRA for ARTC, otherwise you need vetassess or Vic Uni for skills assessment for OTSR. Check out immi website and TRA.
Old Aug 3rd 2012, 4:00 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AHMMED
Hi everyone
I have been an Electrician from oversees and I have 15 work experience outside Australia so now I want to get Electrician license,I went to the TAFE SA and they said to me I have to contact TRA Melbourne to do test by phone and will takes about over one hour , I'm worry and confused about this test coz I don't know what kind of questions will ask me.

I tried Peer Adelaide and they same I have to do theory and practical test and if I passed it I will do wiring course AU/NZ2003/2007 .

<snip>
Ahmed

Thank you

have a read of this mate

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...artc+interview

and then

http://britishexpats.com/forum/searc...archid=3875200

Last edited by moneypenny20; Aug 3rd 2012 at 9:30 am. Reason: phone number removed.
Old Aug 3rd 2012, 4:34 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone

My Ph xxxxx
Ahmed

Thank you
Could you please make the font bigger? I'm having trouble seeing this.

Oh, and it's kinda not smart to put your phone number on the internet.
Old Aug 4th 2012, 4:19 am
Forum Regular

AHMMED is just really niceAHMMED is just really niceAHMMED is just really niceAHMMED is just really niceAHMMED is just really niceAHMMED is just really niceAHMMED is just really niceAHMMED is just really nice

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
You need to have an ARTC or OTSR before you can begin the process of obtaining a license. Both are skills assessments of what you already know. If you are currently in Australia, you can apply to TRA for ARTC, otherwise you need vetassess or Vic Uni for skills assessment for OTSR. Check out immi website and TRA.
old.spakles
Thanx for your post so now I'm living in South Australia
Old Aug 4th 2012, 4:40 am
Forum Regular

Steve really you are very helpfully and Thanx for your post
I have some questions :

1/ If I did the test in peer SA and passed then I did some courses with them can after that get an electrician license or I have go again to ART Melbourne ?

2/ whet is the diffrents for electrician fitters and electrician mechanics

3/ Do you know who did the test with peer SA ?

I'm worry about these test and i dont no which one is easier .
I'm sorry coz i'm not good english and my friend she called u before to get some info about me .

Thank you
Old Aug 4th 2012, 5:04 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Could you please make the font bigger? I'm having trouble seeing this.

Oh, and it's kinda not smart to put your phone number on the internet.

sorry about that coz this was a first posted and thank you for hide my phone number so i don't care about that .
Old Aug 4th 2012, 5:11 am
Forum Regular

I'm worry about these test and i dont know which one is easier TRA or peer .
I'm sorry coz i'm not good english and my friend she called u before to get some info about me .
Thank you
Old Aug 4th 2012, 5:24 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Ahmmed,

If you want to work as an electrician, you need to get your overseas skills assessed by TRA. That will give you an ARTC. When you have that you can do the wiring rules at PEER to get you A License. You need to go to OCBA in Grenfell Street for license. You can also seek help from the skills recognition service in adelaide.

Last edited by old.sparkles; Aug 4th 2012 at 5:31 am.
Old Aug 4th 2012, 5:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

I'm worry about these test and i dont know which one is easier TRA or peer .
Thank you
Hi Ahmed,

Your posts didn't show up because you are a new member and posting with quoted links in.

Should be ok now.
Old Aug 4th 2012, 6:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Ahmmed,

If you want to work as an electrician, you need to get your overseas skills assessed by TRA. That will give you an ARTC. When you have that you can do the wiring rules at PEER to get you A License. You need to go to OCBA in Grenfell Street for license. You can also seek help from the skills recognition service in adelaide.
Thanx old.sparkles to reply me
I finished electrical college from Iraq in 1993 and I brought every thing here with me and I went to this office before tow days ago and they said i have to contact TRA to assist my qualification and experience .
I have worked in Iraq about 10 years ago and in Jordan near 6 years ago

Last edited by AHMMED; Aug 4th 2012 at 6:28 am.
Old Aug 4th 2012, 6:10 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Hi Ahmed,

Your posts didn't show up because you are a new member and posting with quoted links in.

Should be ok now.
Hi Alfresco
and thanx for reply me so I when i posted my reply didn't show me in this page I chacked many times thats why
I posted many times .

Thanx again

Last edited by AHMMED; Aug 4th 2012 at 6:21 am.
Old Aug 5th 2012, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

Guys any help please ? Thank you
Old Aug 5th 2012, 11:35 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Guys any help please ? Thank you
What's wrong with the advice old.sparkles posted in post 9? http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...90&postcount=9
Old Aug 5th 2012, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

Thanx Dorothy
no thing wrong just i got confused because i went to OCBA and they said you have to contact TRA and assess my skills and same times i went to peer Adelaide and they said you have to do test with us and if you passed you will do wiring course , i don't know which one is true ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.