Reload this Page >

Electrician help?????

Electrician help?????

Old Feb 25th 2012, 2:16 pm
Just Joined

RyanWilliams is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Electrician help?????

Hi all I am new to this forum...

I am at the beginning stages of hoping to emigrate to Australier to work as an electrician...

I am a 25 year old fully Qualified electrician with the following uk qualifications:

City and Guilds 2391-20 (formally 2400) Design and Verification.
City and Guilds 2391 Inspection and Testing.
City and Guilds 2382 17th Edition Regulations.
City and Guilds 2372 Solar PV.
City and Guilds 2360 Part 1 & 2
NVQ Level 3 Electricial installations
NVQ Level 2 PEO Electrical
  • Are these qualifications recognised at all in Australier?
  • Will i be able to work as an electrician in Australier? If Not....what do i need to do to be able to.

Any help would be greatful

Thanks
Old Feb 25th 2012, 3:57 pm
Just Joined

Raveo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Electrician help?????

Hi Ryan,

I'm an electrician and have recently been granted my visa. As far as i'm aware none of our qualifications are recognised as such. Depending on which way you go about appling for your visa depends on what you do when you get there. There is debate as to which is the best. I took the VETASSESS in England ( its an assesment to prove you are an english spark ) which gave me an OSTR ( off shore trade recognition, i think ), which i am lead to believe means i dont have to do a log book in Oz ( the log book will take months to do so try to avoid it, i just have to apply to EnergySafety ( i just have ) to get a restricted liciense which will allow me to take a 2 week course to give me my A liciense. This is for Perth, i'm not sure if other states are different.

Hope this helps, if you need more info just ask, people are always willing to help

Raveo
Old Feb 25th 2012, 10:46 pm
Just Joined

bosswobo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey mate Im spark from UK too! and permanent resident here in Aus, recently done my Queensland elec license!

Raveo is right about the Vet assess you'll have to do this if you not in Australia believe its quite pricey too!

But all your quals are recognized thats for sure! And will help when you get over here and want to do your Aussie elec license, which are all going to become one for all states as of this year i believe!

And yeh you'll be able work as a spark if you got that vet assess (which is same as TRA trade recognition australia) some firms will pay you full rate others as a TA (trade assistant) Dare say alot better money than you'll get in Uk though

hope this helps message me if can help u out with anything else

Good luck

Last edited by bosswobo; Feb 25th 2012 at 10:49 pm.
Old Feb 25th 2012, 10:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

hi guys, welcome to the site.

There's a special forum just for sparkies http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=97

get yourself in there and have a look around, so much info
Old Feb 25th 2012, 11:05 pm
Just Joined

Cheers wendy how do i start my own thread??
Old Feb 25th 2012, 11:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bosswobo
Cheers wendy how do i start my own thread??
Click on the link above, then select the button, and post away
(it's just below the adverts on the page)
Old Feb 25th 2012, 11:13 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Wendy
Click on the link above, then select the http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/sr.../newthread.gif button, and post away
(it's just below the adverts on the page)
Thanks