Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

electrical faults after shipping?

electrical faults after shipping?

Old May 8th 2006, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

lucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of light
Default electrical faults after shipping?

Hi there,

My OH is concerned that the insurance people won't cover electrical damage to TV's when shipping. I can see their logic in that they have no proof that the TV worked prior to shipping so we could just ship a bust TV and then claim becuase the electrics couldn't handle the shipping.

I've seen quite a few threads where people have clearly taken their TV's- so has anyone had their TV just not work when they get to OZ becuase of the trauma of shipping?

I suppose the same applies to the DVD player, PS2 and stereo we are taking.

Any answers gratefully recieved.
Old May 8th 2006, 11:20 pm
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: electrical faults after shipping?

Originally Posted by lucy.summers
Hi there,

My OH is concerned that the insurance people won't cover electrical damage to TV's when shipping. I can see their logic in that they have no proof that the TV worked prior to shipping so we could just ship a bust TV and then claim becuase the electrics couldn't handle the shipping.

I've seen quite a few threads where people have clearly taken their TV's- so has anyone had their TV just not work when they get to OZ becuase of the trauma of shipping?

I understand from talking to the removal firm that you need to unpack everything and tell the removal guy's at that point if you think there is a problem, if you want to make a claim. I guess if you see a box is obviously damaged, you'd look there first. But as for plugging tv's and dvd players in, that isn't going to happen at that time, is it?
We used Letton Percival Insurance, if you give them a call, there is a guy there who is very helpful. http://www.lettonpercival.co.uk/
Are the TV's new? Just be aware that older tv's might not work, but will work through an Aussie video player od set top box. There are lots of threads, try a search. Our LCD tv worked without any problem, it's less than 1 year old.

Regards
Neil.
Old May 8th 2006, 11:27 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: electrical faults after shipping?

Originally Posted by lucy.summers
Hi there,

just make sure that you take out electrical derangement insurance......it is a little more expensive, but covers u for the electrical stuff going wrong when u get here....just ask your shipping company.

We had to claim on ours as our puter was buggered....we got $2000 for a new one..no questions asked