Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Electrical Extension Boards

Electrical Extension Boards

Old Sep 23rd 2006, 8:55 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Electrical Extension Boards

Does anybody know where I can get an extension board with more than 1m of cable? 1.8m to be precise?

Whoever wired up this house though it would be a great idea to put all the plugs into the wall at shoulder height, so I am trying to get an extension to the floor so that I can keep the appliances plugs out of sight. The 1m length boards (obviously) finish half way down the wall, and a 3 m extension lead + a 1 m board means mounds of cables to hide underneath the furniture.

I went to Mitre 10 today, and asked if they had any and it was is if I had offered to feed his children to wolves... He suggested that a power board with more than 1m of lead was a serious safety risk!

Why are Aussies so scared of electricity? Do they not learn about it in school, or is it just because it's such a new thing for them

S
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 9:21 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Electrical Extension Boards

Whoever wired up this house though it would be a great idea to put all the plugs into the wall at shoulder height

Seems to be quite common. I'm a spark and i wonder why they do that.
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 9:29 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Why are Aussies so scared of electricity? Do they not learn about it in school, or is it just because it's such a new thing for them

S
Wots dis electrisidy stuff???

hear in FNQ we dunt hav it yat.

WW
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 9:39 am
Down Under

nicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud ofnicktork has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Swerv-o

S
Hmm, yet they put proper electrical sockets (not shaver ones) in their bathrooms. :scared:
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 9:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Rabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by nicktork
Hmm, yet they put proper electrical sockets (not shaver ones) in their bathrooms. :scared:

Bunnings do them in various sizes up to about 6m (although my sockets are near to my ankles )
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 9:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Rabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by wanderingwombat
Wots dis electrisidy stuff???

hear in FNQ we dunt hav it yat.

WW

Other than what comes out of the sky during the dry season
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 12:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Rabc
Other than what comes out of the sky during the dry season
nup dat is in bwisbain :scared: :scared:

WW