Default Electrical appliances

Hi everyone

We are moving to Aus next year Feb and
Need some advice around what appliances
We can and can't take over with us.

I would obviously like to ship everything over to Aus
As this would help save on costs but would like to know
If this is feasible or not in terms of the diff voltages etc

Any and all advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks
Deon
Old Sep 14th 2011, 10:10 pm
Just Joined

Deon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Electrical appliances

Sorry but meant to add that all my appliances ( tv's, radio's , fridges
Freezes, irons etc etc ) are British!

Cheers
Deon
Old Sep 15th 2011, 1:21 am
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deon
Sorry but meant to add that all my appliances ( tv's, radio's , fridges
Freezes, irons etc etc ) are British!

Cheers
Deon
Radio will not work if it is digital DAB [DAB+ in Oz]
TV may well work if its a modern one with multi-country capability - otherwise a cheapo set-top box will be needed. Fridges/Freezers etc will be fine as far as I know but they will need to be spotlessly clean inside/outside. I think you may well find that you will want to replace your fridge/freezer for something larger quite quickly.
Old Sep 15th 2011, 2:14 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Everything will work in terms of voltage, cycles per second etc.

Just a tip, if you are including computers, printers, gaming stuff etc. etc., you no doubt have plugboards at the moment. Bring those with you and then just change over the plug on the end of the lead to an Aussie one.

Surge protectors will then still be in place if you have them and the phone line / internet surge protectors will also work as the phone line connectors here are the same unless you move into an old house that hasn't had the connections changed. Even so, you can get adaptors for this as well.
Old Sep 15th 2011, 8:26 am
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh - and you will need to get adapters or change every plug [which I understand you are not LEGALLY allowed, depending on your state or god knows what else, to do here which explains why the hardware stores sell them...]
Old Sep 15th 2011, 9:34 am
BE Forum Addict

discobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes
Everything will work in terms of voltage, cycles per second etc.

Just a tip, if you are including computers, printers, gaming stuff etc. etc., you no doubt have plugboards at the moment. Bring those with you and then just change over the plug on the end of the lead to an Aussie one.
I second that.