Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Egg shareholders?

Egg shareholders?

Old Apr 30th 2006, 1:19 am
Go dogs!

tbeb will become famous soon enough
Default Egg shareholders?

When I lived in the UK I acquired some Egg shares. Checking up on the web it looks like for UK shareholders that these shares have been converted to Prudential shares. The offer wasn't sent to me as I now live in Australia. Seems that shareholders living in USA, Canada, Australia and Japan were excluded from the offer.

So now I have Egg shares that I can't seem to trade :-(

Anyone know what I can do to get rid of these shares, or convert them to Prudential?

Thanks,

TBEB
Old Apr 30th 2006, 1:40 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Egg shareholders?

As Prudential owned above a certain % of egg shares they opted to do a compulsary buy back of the rest of the shares. They would have issued Prudential shares for payment - for a time when the 2 shares were listed they mirrored each other price fall/gains reflecting the buy back. Can't remember how many Pru shares per egg share. Here is a link on the egg website
Old Apr 30th 2006, 7:47 am
Go dogs!

Originally Posted by walaj
As Prudential owned above a certain % of egg shares they opted to do a compulsary buy back of the rest of the shares. They would have issued Prudential shares for payment - for a time when the 2 shares were listed they mirrored each other price fall/gains reflecting the buy back. Can't remember how many Pru shares per egg share. Here is a link on the egg website
Yes, but this buyback excluded residents in Australia, USA, Canada and Japan. So we weren't given any option to convert to Pru shares. Can't sell the Egg shares either, as they have ceased trading on the stock market :-(

TBEB
Old Apr 30th 2006, 8:06 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry can't help any further - we sold ours just before we moved out here
Old Apr 30th 2006, 3:37 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tbeb
Yes, but this buyback excluded residents in Australia, USA, Canada and Japan. So we weren't given any option to convert to Pru shares. Can't sell the Egg shares either, as they have ceased trading on the stock market :-(

TBEB
I would contact them and ask!

The link posted by walaj contained contact details:

If you have any queries regarding your shares, or you wish to notify us of a change of address etc. you should contact our Registrars, Lloyds TSB Registrars at the following address:

The Causeway
Worthing
West Sussex
BN99 6DA
Phone 0845 6060252

Gina

Last edited by GinaUK; Apr 30th 2006 at 3:41 pm.
Old May 1st 2006, 3:52 am
Forum Regular

Brizbound will become famous soon enoughBrizbound will become famous soon enough

And while you're at it get rid of that filthy dirty avatar.
Old May 1st 2006, 4:30 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Brizbound
And while you're at it get rid of that filthy dirty avatar.
Old May 1st 2006, 5:56 am
Forum Regular

Brizbound will become famous soon enoughBrizbound will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Jimclevs
The one with the poxy donkey on it!
Old May 1st 2006, 8:22 am
Go dogs!

Originally Posted by GinaUK
I would contact them and ask!

The link posted by walaj contained contact details:

If you have any queries regarding your shares, or you wish to notify us of a change of address etc. you should contact our Registrars, Lloyds TSB Registrars at the following address:

The Causeway
Worthing
West Sussex
BN99 6DA
Phone 0845 6060252

Gina
Thanks, tried calling them a while back and they told me to put it in writing, I did, twice, and never got a reply. I assume it's becuase the offer said it was illegal for them to correspont with shareholders in Australia, so they must have just ignored my letters.

I will call them both again tomorrow (Pru and Lloyds), as today a Bank Holiday in the UK ;-)

Thanks,

Rob
Old May 1st 2006, 8:24 am
Go dogs!

Originally Posted by Brizbound
The one with the poxy donkey on it!
After the season we've had (lowest finish since 1966) I think we have been playing a team of donkey's!!!

Still, 1966, World Cup in Germany....maybe it's a lucky omen :-)

Cheers,

TBEB
Old May 2nd 2006, 9:38 am
Go dogs!

Thanks, tried calling them a while back and they told me to put it in writing, I did, twice, and never got a reply. I assume it's becuase the offer said it was illegal for them to correspont with shareholders in Australia, so they must have just ignored my letters.

I will call them both again tomorrow (Pru and Lloyds), as today a Bank Holiday in the UK ;-)

Thanks,

TBEB
Lloyds said I should sent in my share certificate along with proof of ID and they will cash in my shares for the prevailing value of the number of Prudential shares I would have got had I lived in the UK. They'll only send me a UK cheque though, they won't pay it into a UK or Australian account.

TBEB
Old May 2nd 2006, 9:45 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Lloyds said I should sent in my share certificate along with proof of ID and they will cash in my shares for the prevailing value of the number of Prudential shares I would have got had I lived in the UK. They'll only send me a UK cheque though, they won't pay it into a UK or Australian account.

TBEB
Great news! Well done. You can pay a UK cheque into an Oz bank account (but they'll charge you for the privilege and clobber you on the exchnage rate), or, if you still have a UK bank account, send the cheque to a relative/friend in the UK and ask them to pay it into your UK bank account.

Gina