Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Eek - had a letter saying the inspection is due!!

Eek - had a letter saying the inspection is due!!

Old Dec 1st 2005, 7:27 am

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Eek - had a letter saying the inspection is due!!

Now I really had better crack on with the floor cleaning!

Inspection isn't until 12th December - but can anyone tell me roughly what they will be looking for? What do they pay particular attention to - if anything?

The windows are pretty dire on the outside from the daily reticulation - can the fly screens be removed to clean them?

I'll definitely be keeping the pooch in the garden that day!

Sue
Old Dec 1st 2005, 7:30 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Eek - had a letter saying the inspection is due!!

Originally Posted by Bella Donna

Inspection isn't until 12th December - but can anyone tell me roughly what they will be looking for? What do they pay particular attention to - if anything?

The windows are pretty dire on the outside from the daily reticulation - can the fly screens be removed to clean them?

Sue

I've been wondering that too...we are moving from west Melbourne, over the other side of the Bay this week.

Want our bond back...so don't want to be caught out!!
Old Dec 1st 2005, 7:32 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Sue
Sue

All that they r looking for is that the place is clean and tidy and that there are no huge holes in the walls.

Chill out

make sure the grass is cut too

Re screens.........from Home Hardware etc u can buy a spray that goes on the end of ur hose...use it for windows and screens...comes up a treat...cant remember the name of it tis in a grren bottle....hmmm might b windex or summit
Old Dec 1st 2005, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
I've been wondering that too...we are moving from west Melbourne, over the other side of the Bay this week.

Want our bond back...so don't want to be caught out!!
I paid a professional cleaner to do ours wehn we moved out, then if there was any come back u just gave them cleaners number

You also need to get carpets steam cleaned but its cheap I paid $66 for 3 bedrooms
Old Dec 1st 2005, 7:36 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by biggy
I paid a professional cleaner to do ours wehn we moved out, then if there was any come back u just gave them cleaners number

You also need to get carpets steam cleaned but its cheap I paid $66 for 3 bedrooms

Only got floorboards....so hopefully they just need a mop over as normal? (hope they don't need re-polishing)
Cobwebs, I suppose...(fraser!)
Old Dec 1st 2005, 7:42 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Sue
Our rental inspections are a nightmare, agent is a cow.
things to do before she comes.
no weeds in garden, edges neat and tidy, grass short.
Fans cleaned,cooker oven, shower cubicals, and all flooring clean.
Windows clean, and frames. Only one more for me, we get keys to our new house in about 2 weeks.
Old Dec 1st 2005, 9:26 am
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

We have been in our rental 8 months now and still have not had an inspection, not that I'm complaining. I was expecting one after 3 months, the owner must be very trusting.
Old Dec 1st 2005, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
Only got floorboards....so hopefully they just need a mop over as normal? (hope they don't need re-polishing)
Cobwebs, I suppose...(fraser!)
just a clean mate
Old Dec 1st 2005, 9:37 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Heh-Heh! Our rental "inspector" sounds just like denises (Cranni), we know her Affectionately as the "RENTAL GESTAPO" Thats the rental inspector, not Cranni.....

All shower screens must be scrubbed within an inch of their lives to remove "Ze body fats"

All ceiling fans must be sparkling, as if you could eat your dinner off them, (although why I'd want to eat my dinner upside down is beyond me....)

No dirt, no fluff, no marks anywhere, no grime, no mini beasts, no pets, no bodily fluids, basically we live outside. :scared:

Trick is to crawl so far up their bums when they "inspect". Be ingratiating, be "so thankful that you can point me in the right direction", be a creep.

And when they've pissed off stick two fingers up to them and remember whos been paying the rent.
Old Dec 1st 2005, 10:30 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Its not that bad,honestly!! Our first rental when we came here was brand new,so i was utterly paranoid,3 kids you know what sticky fingers are like,not to mention dirty foot prints on cream carpets etc..etc..I was like a mad thing (not unusual ) cleaning for our first inspection,took me ages & i didnt want to be there when they came to inspect the house,i hate the thought of someone nosey-ing about in my living space if you know what i mean? but at the same time i would of loved to of been a fly on the wall! i was so nervous incase i missed something.
All was fine,no problem at all,same again twice after! when we moved out got our bond back no problem either,cleaned the house myself but got a professional in to steam clean the carpets (no choice had to provide them with receipts!)
We have just had our first inspection in this house we are in (moved in 4mths ago) older house this time,didnt realise just how dirty it was till the day we moved in . I've painted the whole down stairs & scrubbed everywhere scrubbable!!! & the lady who came to inspect left me a lovely note to thank me as the house was immaculate!! I wont get myself into the same state i got into on our first inspection,ive always kept a clean house,having kids & animals i think you need to make more of an effort anyway!
I'm glad as i think if anyone criticized my house for not being clean enough to pass their standards i would be so embarrassed & angry, i would flip big time !!

Donna.
Old Dec 1st 2005, 10:34 am
BE Forum Addict

woodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond repute

We rented through Bell and all was very relaxed..

I did a general clean and mow. I produced a ticket to show the carpet clean hire from Safeway and that was all...
The walls had a few finger marks on from the girls but they said that their owners are expected to repaint after all tenants!!!

We even had a puppy living there but we had no problems.
Old Dec 1st 2005, 10:41 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

I get what you're saying Donna and your home sounds lovely. I've always kept a clean house too but at the end of the day I feel my kids should be allowed to be kids and I don't feel I should have to get onto their every move, every second of the day, just so my house stays in 'show room' condition. Not a criticism of you at all, more so of the insane woman who inspects our rental and thinks it should be in 'show room' condition.

Christ, lifes too short to ruin a kids childhood: "don't touch that, don't do that, don't BREATH!!!!" :scared:

My house is fragrant and clean, it is tidy (and god knows I do well with my two who are muck magnets) but I won't be pushed into believing that you can live in 'rental inspection mode' all of the time and in the end I told her so.
Old Dec 1st 2005, 10:59 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steandleigh
I get what you're saying Donna and your home sounds lovely. I've always kept a clean house too but at the end of the day I feel my kids should be allowed to be kids and I don't feel I should have to get onto their every move, every second of the day, just so my house stays in 'show room' condition. Not a criticism of you at all, more so of the insane woman who inspects our rental and thinks it should be in 'show room' condition.

Christ, lifes too short to ruin a kids childhood: "don't touch that, don't do that, don't BREATH!!!!" :scared:

My house is fragrant and clean, it is tidy (and god knows I do well with my two who are muck magnets) but I won't be pushed into believing that you can live in 'rental inspection mode' all of the time and in the end I told her so.

I agree 100% its ridiculous,i hate to be put under that kind of pressure,never rented in my puff before so all this was new to me,my house is clean & tidy to MY standards & if thats not good enough for anybody else & they dare to pull me up on it,they'll hear me i can tell you!

Donna.
Old Dec 1st 2005, 1:56 pm
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

When my friend moved out of her rental she was informed that she had left a cotton bud on the bathroom floor. Trouble is, she doesn't even use them!!

Tracey
Old Dec 1st 2005, 2:15 pm

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cranni
Our rental inspections are a nightmare, agent is a cow.
things to do before she comes.
no weeds in garden, edges neat and tidy, grass short.
Fans cleaned,cooker oven, shower cubicals, and all flooring clean.
Windows clean, and frames. Only one more for me, we get keys to our new house in about 2 weeks.
We've got some dandelions that need removing but our landlord has someone in to cut the grass - we haven't even got a mower any more! I think he's due to come and cut next week, but if he doesn't can I just remind them that we aren't responsible for the grass?

I'm annoyed about the windows - it seems totally pointless cleaning them on the outsides when the retic is only going to hit them in the evening.

Ah well, the property manager seemed reasonable enough when I last saw her in the office. She said to make sure the dog was outside when she called, so she could truthfully report that he was an *outside* dog. This is our first inspection and we only moved in five weeks ago, so I can't imagine that there'll be too much wrong yet. <she says.....optimistically>

Hopefully she won't find too much wrong. She hasn't even sent the property report for us to complete yet! I've been making my own list.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.