Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Education system

Education system

Old Jul 19th 2005, 10:06 pm
Just Joined

moaningcow is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Education system

Hi, can anyone tell me what the education system is like? especially secondary and primary?
Old Jul 20th 2005, 6:31 am
vivi

vivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nice
Default Re: Education system

Originally Posted by moaningcow
Hi, can anyone tell me what the education system is like? especially secondary and primary?
What do you want to know? From our daughters experience she thinks it is great! Loves school, was bored silly in England! Here they put her up a year to Year 7, no problems at all. Excellent report etc, keeping up and exceeding in some areas. However it is a challenge. For example when it comes to history, obviously they have different stuff to learn. I have spent time at her school and find they learn by participation more than in England. They also seem to do more projects etc, do presentations and learn life skills without knowing it. It will vary from school to school, all I can say is from our point of veiw we are all very happy!!
ViVi
Old Jul 20th 2005, 6:56 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vivi
What do you want to know? From our daughters experience she thinks it is great! Loves school, was bored silly in England! Here they put her up a year to Year 7, no problems at all. Excellent report etc, keeping up and exceeding in some areas. However it is a challenge. For example when it comes to history, obviously they have different stuff to learn. I have spent time at her school and find they learn by participation more than in England. They also seem to do more projects etc, do presentations and learn life skills without knowing it. It will vary from school to school, all I can say is from our point of veiw we are all very happy!!
ViVi
I agree with all of that.

My only critisism is lack of funding for kids on the autistic spectrum, they have to fall really behind before anything is done and that stinks However if your kids are fully functioning you'll be right
Old Jul 20th 2005, 10:23 am
vivi

vivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nice

Originally Posted by hevs
I agree with all of that.

My only critisism is lack of funding for kids on the autistic spectrum, they have to fall really behind before anything is done and that stinks However if your kids are fully functioning you'll be right
Yes Hevs I shall agree with that, I picked that up very early on whilst doing my stint in Tuckshop! However it is like the UK some schools are brilliant and others could be done for neglect!! In this day and age and with the knowledge that is out there you would think the system would be switched on!!
ViVi