ebay is great

Old May 6th 2005, 5:16 pm
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all
Default ebay is great

Well, it seems to have done the trick for the cars.

Had the Rav4 advertised for about 2 months in Exchange & Mart. 2 weeks recently in Autotrader. A month or so in Adtrader and Loot etc.

10 days in ebay and it didn`t sell. Re-listed and we have a lady looking at it for the 2nd time on Sunday.

Townace.... never advertised it anywhere but ebay. 35 watchers and over 300 viewings in less than 3 days (10 day auction) 2 calls and one guy is going to buy it for £1400 and we`ll stop the auction. Would have liked to have seen how much it would have gone for in the auction but cest-la-vie.

WOOOHOOOOO !!!!

Only thing is have to work out a hire car for 2 weeks as I`m working up until we leave. Unless the rav doesn`t sell of course.
Old May 6th 2005, 5:34 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ebay is great

Originally Posted by Stormz
Well, it seems to have done the trick for the cars.

Had the Rav4 advertised for about 2 months in Exchange & Mart. 2 weeks recently in Autotrader. A month or so in Adtrader and Loot etc.

10 days in ebay and it didn`t sell. Re-listed and we have a lady looking at it for the 2nd time on Sunday.

Townace.... never advertised it anywhere but ebay. 35 watchers and over 300 viewings in less than 3 days (10 day auction) 2 calls and one guy is going to buy it for £1400 and we`ll stop the auction. Would have liked to have seen how much it would have gone for in the auction but cest-la-vie.

WOOOHOOOOO !!!!

Only thing is have to work out a hire car for 2 weeks as I`m working up until we leave. Unless the rav doesn`t sell of course.
Blimey thats not half bad !
Old May 6th 2005, 6:44 pm
Banned

pompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the rough

I love Ebay.

Had a trailer tent in my garage going rusty taking up space, offered it to a bloke from work for £100 but he said no.

Put it on Ebay and got £870!!!!
Old May 6th 2005, 7:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: UK 2 Oz, Oz 2 UK, Been there, done that, got the tee-shirt!
scrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nice

We sold our car on ebay and it sold within a week.

We also came back and brought our new car on ebay, no problems, easy transaction, no worries!

Mandy
Old May 6th 2005, 7:04 pm
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute

Good to hear, I think ours is going on Ebay tomorrow
Marie
Old May 6th 2005, 8:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was Kent, UK...now Pacific Pines Gold Coast and loving it
sonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud of

Hi Gary,

Fantastic news...we are still eBaying like mad....clearing the loft out has so far made us over £2000. Haven't even started on the car and bike yet..... Good luck with the rav.

Hope Mandy is feeling well. Take care,

Judith.
Old May 6th 2005, 9:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

My kids got me obsessed with it. They sold loads of their stuff. Really good for clearing the house, until someone rips you off Happened to me twice.
Old May 7th 2005, 6:52 am
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: ebay is great

Originally Posted by tracey.d
My kids got me obsessed with it. They sold loads of their stuff. Really good for clearing the house, until someone rips you off Happened to me twice.
If you are selling how can they rip you off. You get the payment and then send the goods!

R
Old May 7th 2005, 6:56 am
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sonictigger
Hi Gary,

Fantastic news...we are still eBaying like mad....clearing the loft out has so far made us over £2000. Haven't even started on the car and bike yet..... Good luck with the rav.

Hope Mandy is feeling well. Take care,

Judith.
Hi Judith/Wayne/Zack

Yeah you guys are ebaymaniacs If I had YOUR rav4 (new style 4-door) though I`d definitely take it. Had a look on ebay.com.au yesterday and can`t BER-LEEEEEEIVE the prices they want for ancient cars/vans on there.

What was that other place online they advertise cars again?
Old May 7th 2005, 7:06 am
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute

We are going to have so much stuff to get rid of before we go, we could just do a boot sale, but I am far too lazy for that, so ebay is the way to go. Lets just hope people like my taste in books, furniture and films.
Old May 7th 2005, 7:36 am
Forum Regular

Blueboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Folks,

I`ve always thought about using ebay but wasn`t sure about it. Can i ask, when you accept a bid how do you go about getting the item to the purchaser? Is it just through Royal Mail or do they need to collect it - how does it normally work? Plus, how do you actually get your dosh from them.

Cheers.

BB
Old May 7th 2005, 7:52 am
Kingscliff NSW/QLD border

the plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to all

sold our honda civic on ebay .......ended up getting about £500 more than the local garage offered me.......
Old May 7th 2005, 7:55 am
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: ebay is great

Originally Posted by Blueboy
Hi Folks,

I`ve always thought about using ebay but wasn`t sure about it. Can i ask, when you accept a bid how do you go about getting the item to the purchaser? Is it just through Royal Mail or do they need to collect it - how does it normally work? Plus, how do you actually get your dosh from them.

Cheers.

BB
When the auction time runs out the highest bidder is the winner!

Once they have paid for the goods you send it however you see fit depending on what it is. If the item is huge then most people put local collection only. I was quite surprised that it is not that expensive to send stuff by recorded delivery (signed for). I sold an old laptop recently and the cost for delivery was only £12.00 next day gauranteed!

They can pay you in loads of different ways. When I first started I just used to ask for a cheque or postal orders (good as cash) but now I prefer PayPal. This is instant and although you pay them a bit of commission it saves a bit of time etc. Its tedious keep on having to see if cheques have cleared. PayPal is instant! As soon as they 'Checkout' and you get the 'Instant Payment' notification email the money is there for you. You can then send the goods out straight away.

It takes a bit of getting used to but is well worth doing. I still cannot believe the crap people buy. Some stuff I was about to throw out, sold it on there no problem.

Anyways, good luck.
Old May 7th 2005, 7:59 am
Superfreak!!

- First register with ebay to open an account.
- Then register with paypal (www.paypal.com) to open an account. It`s an easy way of transferring money via the net basically, for smaller amounts (ie not thousands, as they charge a percentage on each transfer).
- If you can, try and buy a few small cheap things so you build up some good feedback. People don`t trust sellers that much if they have 0 feedback.
- Then take some digital pics of your item (at the lowest resolution of yuor camera). Put the pics on your pc in an `ebay for sale` folder or something.
- Go to your ebay account, and click on `sell an item`. Go through the process of choosing your classification (very important) and putting all the description on there etc.
- for the postage, either see what other people are charging to post the same thing, or go to the post office and weigh it to find out the exact postage cost... don`t forget to add something for your time packing and any packing materials. Then put on the description of your `for sale` item how much the postage is for the UK only.
- If it`s a big item, just put `for local colelction only`.
- For your selling format, you can either start at a low price and hope you get alot of bids to drive it up, or start low but have a reserve (costs extra), start at the minimum price you`d accept and see how it goes, or even have a `buy it now` option on any of the above, with the price you`d like. Personally I`d go for listing the minimum (or just above) the price you`d accept, and hope it sells for more than that.

It all depends on what you`re selling, for what price and what people would like it at the time. We`ve put some really great collectible stuff on ebay (music related... rare and signed stuff) which hardly sold, and we`ve put some tat on that sells really well. It`s a freaky ebay world out there.

Good luck though.
Old May 7th 2005, 9:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was Kent, UK...now Pacific Pines Gold Coast and loving it
sonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud of

For postage costs we tend to use www.parcelforce.com, or www.royalmail.co.uk. Use the kitchen / bathroom scales to get a rough weight and then you can price it up.

As Stormz says don't forget to add something for the box you send them in. You can get these from the PO or from places like staples.

Have fun - ebay is based on honesty, so if you are new, try to buy a few small things to build up your "feedback"...it's a bit like the Karma on here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.