Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Ebay Australia Postage Costs

Ebay Australia Postage Costs

Old Nov 20th 2007, 11:55 am
BE Enthusiast

tictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ebay Australia Postage Costs

I've reluctantly decided to sell my old Apple laptop on Ebay but haven't got a clue how much to charge for postage or which postal/shipping service to use.

I'm proposing to restrict the sale to within Australia

Any ideas on roughly what I should be charging for a typically-sized laptop box and the best way to get it to any winning bidder?

I don't want to rip anybody off. I just want to cover my reasonable costs.

Thanks
Old Nov 20th 2007, 12:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ebay Australia Postage Costs

Originally Posted by tictac
I've reluctantly decided to sell my old Apple laptop on Ebay but haven't got a clue how much to charge for postage or which postal/shipping service to use.

Any ideas on roughly what I should be charging for a typically-sized laptop box and the best way to get it to any winning bidder?

Thanks

Normally at times like this, being an Apost worker I put my hand up and say use Apost, but with something fragile like your laptop I'd say definitely do not use Apost. Reason being there is no fragile policy at post, and the reason for this is when it comes to Parcel Handling the method is to Arrange a series of ULD's (cages) and transfer the mixed parcels from one cage to an array, of lets just say 8 states for arguments sake.... now guess how they get from the central cage to the other 8.... Yehp they more likely than not are thrown.... So dont use Apost on anything Breakable, unless it's got 5 times it's weight in bubble wrap around it.

You have to use a Courier on something like a laptop.

Apost we deliver....... Damn it get there damn it.
Old Nov 20th 2007, 12:15 pm
A Returning Member!!

Sham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to behold

Thanks
Cant you just put it as collection only!! I see alot of people do that here on Ebay, because the postage costs are HUGE!!
Old Nov 20th 2007, 12:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

tictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sham Williams
Cant you just put it as collection only!! I see alot of people do that here on Ebay, because the postage costs are HUGE!!
I've no qualms about 'collection only' apart from the fact that it restricts me, I suppose, to buyers in the Brisbane area.

I'd also not want to miss out on a sale due to 'no-shows'

I've not yet had the need yet to use a courier. Who do people recommend?
Old Nov 20th 2007, 12:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

I've no qualms about 'collection only' apart from the fact that it restricts me, I suppose, to buyers in the Brisbane area.

I'd also not want to miss out on a sale due to 'no-shows'

I've not yet had the need yet to use a courier. Who do people recommend?
Ahh maybe able to help you there... Phone Australian Air express, make sure they have a fragile policy, and try to get people to pick up from your area.

They seem to handle parcels individually at AAE, plus all items are signature items... I would recommend them first and foremost.