Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Eating out near Mandurah, Secret Harbour and Rockingham

Eating out near Mandurah, Secret Harbour and Rockingham

Old Jun 3rd 2007, 8:08 am
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold
Default Eating out near Mandurah, Secret Harbour and Rockingham

Hi ya,

We've just moved to WA and we would like heads up on good places to take the kids to eat out. So far we have tried a little Italian in Mandurah, Hogsbreath. It's always good to have a few places in mine so suggestions would be welcomes.

Cheers

Poppet
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 8:31 am
BE Enthusiast

clanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to all
Default Re: Eating out near Mandurah, Secret Harbour and Rockingham

There is the Last Drop In Warnbro, the Flying Pig in Rocky,PK Tavern in Port Kennedy and Thai By The Sea in Safety Bay.
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 9:28 am

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PoppetUK
Hi ya,

We've just moved to WA and we would like heads up on good places to take the kids to eat out. So far we have tried a little Italian in Mandurah, Hogsbreath. It's always good to have a few places in mine so suggestions would be welcomes.

Cheers

Poppet
There's very little in Secret Harbour! The golf club runs BBQs on a Friday night in the summer and 'roast nights' in the winter, although these are advertised and don't run all the time.

New owners have just taken over at the deli and they are running buffet meals on certain weeknights (some with karaoke!) and the do a buffet brekky on Sunday mornings.

The Red Manna in Mandurah is supposed to be lovely. The stage door is OK, but the lighting's pants - like having dinner in flood lights! Have you tried the Jolly Frog in Dawesville (right on the cut), that's nice too.

Happy munching

Jules x
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 11:21 am
Forum Regular

Diane-Stephen is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi ya,

Cheers

Poppet
Lots of places in Rockingham down at the beach front, fast food, cafes and restaurants.
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 12:10 pm
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

Blue Betty (i think)

Over looking the sea in Rockingham sea front

Food absolutlly fab and the service brill

plus the view amazing!!
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 1:03 pm
Just Joined

THE MALLAN FAMILY is on a distinguished road

Hi ya,

Cheers

Poppet
Great pub called the Vernon Arms on Old Mandurah Road, Baldivis. Top food and great beer. Really worth a visit
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 2:03 pm
Love it here!

SalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of light

Do NOT visit Ruffinos in Mandurah.....food and service terrible. 8 of us went there a couple of weeks back and had to send 5 of the meals back

PK Tavern is fantastic and Nags Head is good too
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 4:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

olauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud of

Any French cuisine in the area ?

Old Jun 5th 2007, 8:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Jacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by olauf
Any French cuisine in the area ?

Jolly Frog in Dawesville is French cuisine. Not really a suitable restaurant for those with young children, more like the type of place you'd go as a couple for a romantic meal.

For family meals try Hogs Breath - an American Diner type place. They have "kids eat free" nights.

We've been to Ruffino's (Italian) loads of times, never had a problem with service or meals, the poster above must have been unlucky that night. My daughter is a friend of the owner's son, so I'll mention this thread to them, I'm sure they won't want to be labelled with a "poor repution".

Vernon Arms in Baldivis is good too, restaurant and bar meals, if you can get a table, best book ahead, they always seem very busy, it's not a very big pub.

Have tried all the Chinese restaurants in Mandurah and the Mexican too (on Mandurah Terrace). The places never seem to look "enticing" from the outside, could do with sprucing up, but restaurants were bigger than we expected and we had good meals at all of them. Also on the same street there is an Indian (within the Mandurah Gates Resort) with a serve-yourself buffet which was nice, and a carvery buffet in the restaurant at the Atrium hotel is worth a try.

We love Sizzler restaurants, but the nearest are at Armadale and Perth. Huge selection of self-serve food, but there is always a queue out the door and we usually have to wait half-hour or more (you can't book a table). I'm surprised they haven't opened one up in Mandurah yet. It's great for dieters too, lots of salad and vegetables so you can stuff yourself without worrying about the calories!

Sunbreakers restaurant is a good choice for seafood, they do a wonderful seafood platter to share which is great if you've never lived coastal before and aren't familiar with all the different seafoods available.

For good old fish 'n' chips, there is Cicerello's (near the Dome coffee shop), or take a walk past the cinema and over the new bridge to Dolphin Quay to Nino's which we prefer.
Old Jun 5th 2007, 9:00 am
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Jacqui
Jolly Frog in Dawesville is French cuisine. Not really a suitable restaurant for those with young children, more like the type of place you'd go as a couple for a romantic meal.

For family meals try Hogs Breath - an American Diner type place. They have "kids eat free" nights.

We've been to Ruffino's (Italian) loads of times, never had a problem with service or meals, the poster above must have been unlucky that night. My daughter is a friend of the owner's son, so I'll mention this thread to them, I'm sure they won't want to be labelled with a "poor repution".

Vernon Arms in Baldivis is good too, restaurant and bar meals, if you can get a table, best book ahead, they always seem very busy, it's not a very big pub.

Have tried all the Chinese restaurants in Mandurah and the Mexican too (on Mandurah Terrace). The places never seem to look "enticing" from the outside, could do with sprucing up, but restaurants were bigger than we expected and we had good meals at all of them. Also on the same street there is an Indian (within the Mandurah Gates Resort) with a serve-yourself buffet which was nice, and a carvery buffet in the restaurant at the Atrium hotel is worth a try.

We love Sizzler restaurants, but the nearest are at Armadale and Perth. Huge selection of self-serve food, but there is always a queue out the door and we usually have to wait half-hour or more (you can't book a table). I'm surprised they haven't opened one up in Mandurah yet. It's great for dieters too, lots of salad and vegetables so you can stuff yourself without worrying about the calories!

Sunbreakers restaurant is a good choice for seafood, they do a wonderful seafood platter to share which is great if you've never lived coastal before and aren't familiar with all the different seafoods available.

For good old fish 'n' chips, there is Cicerello's (near the Dome coffee shop), or take a walk past the cinema and over the new bridge to Dolphin Quay to Nino's which we prefer.
All very helpful thank you. Will try some out soon I hope once my husband can get a day off work!!!
Old Jun 5th 2007, 9:35 am
Love it here!

SalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jacqui

Hi Jacqui

It was the first time we've ever sent meals back.....really bad. We ate there in April and all was fine that time which is why we arranged to go back.
They clapped when we left the restaurant (which looking back is quite funny....) but it wasn't at the time.
Maybe there was a different chef on that night but that doesn't excuse the rudeness.