Eating out

Old Jul 5th 2003, 6:03 pm
over the cuckoo's nest

Slater will become famous soon enoughSlater will become famous soon enough
Default Eating out

Just realised that it's July and we havn't eaten outside yet this year. Just one of the many, many reasons we're making the move.

Slater
Old Jul 5th 2003, 6:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Over the last week the weather has been pretty mixed down here. And to think this is probably quite a good Summer for England.

Climate is one of our major reasons for wanting to go. I can't wait to but my ten seater teak table and chairs and actually use it regularly!!

Where are you heading to?
Old Jul 5th 2003, 6:11 pm
Forum Regular

sashimi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Eating out

Originally posted by Slater
Just realised that it's July and we havn't eaten outside yet this year. Just one of the many, many reasons we're making the move.

Slater
We just spent the last two weeks of June travelling in Norfolk and the Cotswolds, had one day's rain otherwise absolutely brilliant, warm and lovely weather. Wore shorts every day which takes very warm weather for me to do, So it's not ALWAYS bad

sashimi
Old Jul 5th 2003, 6:52 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Every previous time I've visited Oz I've had largely beautiful weather, and returned to a wet,cold,miserable southern England.
Went out to Brisbane in Feb/March. having finally decided to go for the big move when I got back - and had days of rain! After one of the longest droughts ever, Queensland threw the rain down while I was there! Then I got back to the UK in late March - to a heatwave and glorious sunshine.....!!! Was someone up there trying to tell me something?
Old Jul 5th 2003, 7:26 pm
Badge

There's no doubt that we have had I think - one of the best Springs for years - got back in February - bit dreary - but March was sunny - one of the sunniest for years and April? May and June were great...(in the main)..I've been walking to work in the sunshine and its great.

looks like the "wet" (season) has started as I now call it.

Old Jul 5th 2003, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

MartyO is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by badgersmount
There's no doubt that we have had I think - one of the best Springs for years - got back in February - bit dreary - but March was sunny - one of the sunniest for years and April? May and June were great...(in the main)..I've been walking to work in the sunshine and its great.

looks like the "wet" (season) has started as I now call it.

I wouldn't say that weather is anything like a major reason we would like to go to Perth, but it would be nice to live in a place with a climate that's more conducive to being outdoors. We live in the West of Scotland and it's the rain more than anything else that annoys me. There can be times when for weeks it seems never to stop raining. The last few weeks up here have been really nice - dry, sunny and warm (low to mid 20s-warm for up here!) and I have to say it's been a bit of a change to see the south having changeable weather. My wife's family live in the S.E. of England and I can tell you if you think your weather is poor come up here for a year. I'm positive that the weather we get here pulls the spirits of people down - particularly during the long, dark, wet and cold winter nights.

I've just read my post and have changed my mind - the weather in Perth (and yes I know it can get down to 1c and it rains and it's windy at times before anyone jumps on me) is a pretty good reason to move there!
Old Jul 6th 2003, 7:41 am
over the cuckoo's nest

Slater will become famous soon enoughSlater will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by tinaj
Over the last week the weather has been pretty mixed down here. And to think this is probably quite a good Summer for England.

Climate is one of our major reasons for wanting to go. I can't wait to but my ten seater teak table and chairs and actually use it regularly!!

Where are you heading to?
Having worked outside all of my life I have endured the best and the worst of the British weather. In the winter of 2001-2002 it rained continually from October through to March. We are headed to south-east Queensland, we were there in march 2000, that's when we decided Oz was for us. Although it rained some of the time we were there, it was nice to still feel warm, when it rains here from autumn through to late spring it just feels so cold. I am hoping that we will be fortunate enough to lead a full active outdoor life in good weather, up to and through our retirement, this is something that we can't expect here in England. However this country is really lovely this time of year and you can't help wondering sometimes why we are making the move, we will really enjoy the next 8-10 weeks of our summer, we have so much still to do and enjoy here, when October comes round we will again be certain.

Slater

Slater
Old Jul 6th 2003, 12:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

etlniwd is an unknown quantity at this point

Just got back from celebrating my first wedding anniversary in a fantastic restaurant overlooking the Brisbane river. It's the depth of winter here and we've been out in nothing more than shirt sleeves. Town seemed to be really buzzing tonight even though it's a Sunday. A plateful of Moreton Bay bugs and a bottle of local wine - how fantastic is that.

Forget the unpredictable Engish weather. Leave your coats behind and get yer arses down here.
Old Jul 6th 2003, 6:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

donna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to behold

It sounds beautiful etlniwd,we are tryinmg to get there honest ,just waiting for that all important piece of paper.We are also hoping to settle in Brisbane.
Congrats on the anniversary,still celebrating !boy you must be happy.
all the best
donna
Old Jul 6th 2003, 6:47 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

June / july has been cold, we've only sat out 3 times this year and then i think the alcohol was keeping us warm!
My Aunt and Uncle were over in March from Melbourne and they said the weather was better here! I did tell them it was unseasonally warm!
Old Jul 6th 2003, 8:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

terryg is an unknown quantity at this point

Slater
I've not been allowed to eat out as I've been studying since March
Old Jul 7th 2003, 3:44 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by MartyO
I've just read my post and have changed my mind - the weather in Perth (and yes I know it can get down to 1c and it rains and it's windy at times before anyone jumps on me) is a pretty good reason to move there!
I went windsurfing on the Swan river yesterday afternoon and a passerby told me how "brave" I was going in the river in midwinter. But it was sunny and mild.

It was no colder than the UK in Summer and I had a great session, felt a bit of an old timer as the other people were all kite surfing.

There were a few dead fish floating around due to fertilizer runoff caused algal bloom though.
Old Jul 7th 2003, 3:53 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Slater
You sad bastards .

Old Jul 7th 2003, 3:57 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by renth
I went windsurfing on the Swan river yesterday afternoon and a passerby told me how "brave" I was going in the river in midwinter. But it was sunny and mild.

It was no colder than the UK in Summer and I had a great session, felt a bit of an old timer as the other people were all kite surfing.

There were a few dead fish floating around due to fertilizer runoff caused algal bloom though.
Love it nice right now , no its pissing down as it has for the last week even Sunday it hammered down in the morning and later on.
Gets dark after 5pm and light around 7 pm
plus bloody cool at night , love how the good people who come here talk up the place.

Old Jul 7th 2003, 4:04 am
Banned

Originally posted by sashimi
We just spent the last two weeks of June travelling in Norfolk and the Cotswolds, had one day's rain otherwise absolutely brilliant, warm and lovely weather. Wore shorts every day which takes very warm weather for me to do, So it's not ALWAYS bad

sashimi
Ban this person the deluded have a right to be arseholes without you popping their ballons.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.