Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Easy Entry For Foreign Workers

Easy Entry For Foreign Workers

Old Jan 10th 2015, 8:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Easy Entry For Foreign Workers

Originally Posted by fuchs01
Oh Scheisser, that means even more bloody Australian theme bars around Europe,
and aussis looking for bar work in London.Croation- Aussis taking over IT .
Kangeroo steaks will now be easy available, on every corner.
more young Australians taking a gap year, for 10 years.
My world is falling apart, is there nowhere sacred anymore.
Forget the schiess, give those Irish a run for their money. Aussie refugees fleeing to more rewarding climes may well be a matter of course especially for the young, whose future is increasingly being sold out in Australia.

Roo steaks replacing Bratwurst just imagine it? Your world will recover and no doubt be enhanced with the Aussie Invasion you imagine. Think of the harmony spread with Aussies taken on German beer drinkers. Last man standing. Paradise awaits.
Old Jan 10th 2015, 8:54 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the troubadour
Forget the schiess, give those Irish a run for their money. Aussie refugees fleeing to more rewarding climes may well be a matter of course especially for the young, whose future is increasingly being sold out in Australia.

Roo steaks replacing Bratwurst just imagine it? Your world will recover and no doubt be enhanced with the Aussie Invasion you imagine. Think of the harmony spread with Aussies taken on German beer drinkers. Last man standing. Paradise awaits.
Paradise? Aussie beer invading Europe?
Nooooo, surely not
Old Jan 10th 2015, 9:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Paradise? Aussie beer invading Europe?
Nooooo, surely not
I may have been a little over enthusiastic and was in no way advocating Australian beer, which I'm afraid doesn't shape up at all well compared to German, but at half the price? Together with Aussie frangers, you'd probably have to give them away as German sausages are of course the dogs bollocks.

How about a cheap night out and all the punters could wear cork dangling hats and be served by authentic bare breasted Aussie accented bar maids it just might work.
Old Jan 10th 2015, 9:29 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I may have been a little over enthusiastic and was in no way advocating Australian beer, which I'm afraid doesn't shape up at all well compared to German, but at half the price? Together with Aussie frangers, you'd probably have to give them away as German sausages are of course the dogs bollocks.

How about a cheap night out and all the punters could wear cork dangling hats and be served by authentic bare breasted Aussie accented bar maids it just might work.
Actually that would probably work for all the dreamers who haven't been here and experienced Aussie beer and sausages first hand!
Old Jan 10th 2015, 2:39 pm
seenbeendonenocriesnowhys

fuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond repute

Arent you getting German cuisine mixed up with Korean...
Talking about balls, the Aussie barmaids I have been fortunate to know have,
had more than alot of their countrymen.
Old Jan 11th 2015, 10:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

OK thanks for posting.

Obviously cancel free immigration without checks as the new act proposes, police properly 457's and investigate the rorts and bullying occurring on site. No point denying it as was involved in a particularly nasty case of bullying for want of a better word.
Sure. Haven't got a problem with that. If there's any flouting of the immigration laws it should be dealt with.

Reduce immigration during a downturn and only allow in migrants were a proven need in the labour market is proved.
But isn't that the purpose of the 457 in good times or bad?

For all your comments on the matter I don't think you have expressed just how a massively increased population is going to enhance the quality of live for those already here? Easy because it isn't. Quite the contrary. But that's ok. I don't think you give a darn anyway.

My agenda is clear. A fair go for all in OZ. That includes Aussie born, migrants, and refugees. What exactly is your agenda? If an Aussie selling out kith and kin ....if a Pom I think you know the answer.
I think really, what you are asking for here is better control over 457 visa's and the proposed new visa.

That said in a downturn, growth is the most important thing for creating jobs and anything that can be done to help that does need to be seriously looked at.
Old Jan 12th 2015, 2:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Actually that would probably work for all the dreamers who haven't been here and experienced Aussie beer and sausages first hand!
And marketing is all about the selling of dreams.
Old Jan 12th 2015, 2:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Arent you getting German cuisine mixed up with Korean...
Talking about balls, the Aussie barmaids I have been fortunate to know have,
had more than alot of their countrymen.
No I refer to German. No idea why you mentioned Korean. Dog balls were not suggested as being part of either the German or Aussie menu.

Those Aussie transsexual gals I believe are truly something else. Actually I was referring to your normal Charmaine , 'doing' Europe and displaying a bit of her finery while getting a few Euro's together.

Not a fan of the Aussie male then? They'll be devastated at being less than loved I hazard to guess.
Old Jan 12th 2015, 2:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Beoz
OK thanks for posting.

Sure. Haven't got a problem with that. If there's any flouting of the immigration laws it should be dealt with.

But isn't that the purpose of the 457 in good times or bad?

I think really, what you are asking for here is better control over 457 visa's and the proposed new visa.

That said in a downturn, growth is the most important thing for creating jobs and anything that can be done to help that does need to be seriously looked at.
Growth of population does grow the economy in sense of GDP. It may reduce the risk of a recession and allow to an extent the continued, likely uneven demand in housing but also inflates prices in those areas.

It is an artificial source in many respects. Take immigration. Short term it will numbers being as big as they are, bring down the age average. Take a longer term view though and this group will age as well creating the same or worse situation than the issues about to be experienced with our aging population at the moment.

With Australia's unemployment, according to Roy Morgan, at 10% , much higher than the governments lower estimate there is simply not the need for easier access and especially lowering the barrier with regards to language (less so) and especially qualifications.

Greater regulation and a government willing to govern rather than manage the economy leaving it largely to business to set the rules is not in this nations interests. As I mentioned previously, the Chinese wanted easier access for their people to work, which my reply would be that a foreign power should not be a component in setting national labour standards in any shape or form.

457's certainly have a place but not as a cheap way to enter the country and become a de facto process to immigration. The numbers have increased alarmingly in recent years.
Old Jan 12th 2015, 5:13 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Growth of population does grow the economy in sense of GDP. It may reduce the risk of a recession and allow to an extent the continued, likely uneven demand in housing but also inflates prices in those areas.

It is an artificial source in many respects. Take immigration. Short term it will numbers being as big as they are, bring down the age average. Take a longer term view though and this group will age as well creating the same or worse situation than the issues about to be experienced with our aging population at the moment.

With Australia's unemployment, according to Roy Morgan, at 10% , much higher than the governments lower estimate there is simply not the need for easier access and especially lowering the barrier with regards to language (less so) and especially qualifications.

Greater regulation and a government willing to govern rather than manage the economy leaving it largely to business to set the rules is not in this nations interests. As I mentioned previously, the Chinese wanted easier access for their people to work, which my reply would be that a foreign power should not be a component in setting national labour standards in any shape or form.

457's certainly have a place but not as a cheap way to enter the country and become a de facto process to immigration. The numbers have increased alarmingly in recent years.
But 'superior' Germany has the 2nd largest immigrant intake after the US (they officially see themselves as an immigrant country in the same way that the US, Canada, Australia do). Why is that good for them but not us?

Surely all Germans are not happy with this. I'm sure that many resent this policy - taking our jobs, drinking our beer, shagging our women etc
Old Jan 12th 2015, 9:35 am

fuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond repute

No I refer to German. No idea why you mentioned Korean. Dog balls were not suggested as being part of either the German or Aussie menu.

Those Aussie transsexual gals I believe are truly something else. Actually I was referring to your normal Charmaine , 'doing' Europe and displaying a bit of her finery while getting a few Euro's together.

Not a fan of the Aussie male then? They'll be devastated at being less than loved I hazard to guess.
I was being more than sarcastic.. Hey I cant imagine god ever dreaming of creating
transexual gals, dont frighten me, my Melbourne rigger friends would soon find a new
hobby.
Australian male..actually while backpacking and trekking, some of the best travelling
buddies.
Old Jan 13th 2015, 1:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Amazulu
But 'superior' Germany has the 2nd largest immigrant intake after the US (they officially see themselves as an immigrant country in the same way that the US, Canada, Australia do). Why is that good for them but not us?

Surely all Germans are not happy with this. I'm sure that many resent this policy - taking our jobs, drinking our beer, shagging our women etc
You appear to have a complex of sorts with your constant referring to 'superior' Germany. It may over ride Australia on certain things but has faults as any other nation. Just getting it wrong on housing isn't one of them.

Depends what you mean with regards immigration. Germany has free access like any other EU country for those within the EU. It has attracted numbers of East Europeans and a flow from Spain and Greece due to their poor economies.

Germany also has the highest number of asylum seekers in Europe by far. Why don't you complain with regards Australia's treatment towards its asylum seekers then?

Germany is shown fractures in certain areas with its immigrant community but far more supporters than detractors who will take to the streets if feel the need.

Still the signs are going up with people I know there saying fine if immigrants have jobs and attempt to speak the language but are hardening against people coming for social benefits as would most countries.

No I don't know anyone with hard feelings against foreigners taken their women, know a number of mixed race/nationality bondings in Germany as well. I expect the Nazi Skinhead types especially in the East could take a dim view but most citizens are to my experience very open minded, besides Germans by and large have a taste for the exotic anyway.

Just to conclude a UK tradie mate of mine is flying out to Germany in under three weeks, from Perth, to join his soon to be pregnant German girlfriend to attempt a new life in a village there with no German language skills but an ability for hard work. Another quality respected there.

Last edited by the troubadour; Jan 13th 2015 at 1:06 am.
Old Jan 13th 2015, 1:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I was being more than sarcastic.. Hey I cant imagine god ever dreaming of creating
transexual gals, dont frighten me, my Melbourne rigger friends would soon find a new
hobby.
Australian male..actually while backpacking and trekking, some of the best travelling
buddies.
I reckon those rigger mates of yours back in Melbourne would think they discovered paradise.
An Aussie said to me a very long time ago while having a break from the road (travelling) when in France. Aussies and Kiwi's he met abroad far friendlier than those at home.
The bond of being Aussies abroad no doubt being the uniting feature.

Anyway Germany's a great country. Enjoy, if still there. I'd personally prefer a frauline pouring the beer myself. But each to their own.
Old Jan 13th 2015, 9:12 am

I reckon those rigger mates of yours back in Melbourne would think they discovered paradise.
An Aussie said to me a very long time ago while having a break from the road (travelling) when in France. Aussies and Kiwi's he met abroad far friendlier than those at home.
The bond of being Aussies abroad no doubt being the uniting feature.

Anyway Germany's a great country. Enjoy, if still there. I'd personally prefer a frauline pouring the beer myself. But each to their own.
Germany is my home, my fraulein has been pouring the beers and brewing mi cuppa
for 35 yrs now, even more now we have settled in the rhein-hessen area.
My English-Deutsch kids(4), made and born around Europe have now followed their
parents, and have spread their wings around the globe, and my Schwarzwalderin,
allows me to enjoy the delights of other frauleins pouring out the necktar...so long
as its only the Drink.
Melbourne is long behind me, actually before I met my wife, but its true Aussies are
friendlier outside Oss, but that may stay true for all of us once we leave our diverse
homelands.I never left my roots, I suppose, but ropes and bonds are set adrift.
unless......I weaken for a good ol porkpie, or fish n chips and mushy peas.
The English pub is no longer sacred, nor particular shops.Though a good Indian or
chinese in England still takes some beating.
Old Jan 13th 2015, 9:28 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

You appear to have a complex of sorts with your constant referring to 'superior' Germany. It may over ride Australia on certain things but has faults as any other nation. Just getting it wrong on housing isn't one of them.

Depends what you mean with regards immigration. Germany has free access like any other EU country for those within the EU. It has attracted numbers of East Europeans and a flow from Spain and Greece due to their poor economies.

Germany also has the highest number of asylum seekers in Europe by far. Why don't you complain with regards Australia's treatment towards its asylum seekers then?

Germany is shown fractures in certain areas with its immigrant community but far more supporters than detractors who will take to the streets if feel the need.

Still the signs are going up with people I know there saying fine if immigrants have jobs and attempt to speak the language but are hardening against people coming for social benefits as would most countries.

No I don't know anyone with hard feelings against foreigners taken their women, know a number of mixed race/nationality bondings in Germany as well. I expect the Nazi Skinhead types especially in the East could take a dim view but most citizens are to my experience very open minded, besides Germans by and large have a taste for the exotic anyway.

Just to conclude a UK tradie mate of mine is flying out to Germany in under three weeks, from Perth, to join his soon to be pregnant German girlfriend to attempt a new life in a village there with no German language skills but an ability for hard work. Another quality respected there.
I'm just messing with you with the superior Germany comments Heinz. Apart from housing culture, pension policy, the Euro and their pathetic green energy policy, Germany gets a lot right but is far from perfect

Bully for them and their taxpayers if they take in massive amounts of syrian and other refugees. They're storing up a whole lot of future hurt but if their people are happy with this then party on. Australia takes loads of refugees and gives them plenty of support - if they come in legally via the UNHCR. If they pay people smugglers then they are not welcome - a position that the majority of the electorate is happy with. Works for me too

Hard work is only respected in Germany and not Australia? Wow, you learn something new every day

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.