Reload this Page >

Eastenders - I Know I'm sad!

Eastenders - I Know I'm sad!

Old Jan 20th 2003, 8:34 am
Forum Regular

lizzie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by cazsue
Hi Glenn,

I now watch Corry instead as I didn't really watch much of it before and even though they are a few years behind it doesn't bother me. I do really miss Brookie though but make up missing the scouse accents by watching Mersey Beat who has two guys of Brookie in it!

Anyway, enough of my sad life, I would hate it to sound that all I do is watch telly, plenty of other things to keep me occupied at the minute, like shopping in the sales!!!

Hope you enjoy Oz.... safe trip

Caz

Brookside is getting the chop in June anyway!

Lizzie
Old Jan 20th 2003, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

adelaidegirl is an unknown quantity at this point

AAAh, Brookside, I used to love that show when I lived in the UK. Eastenders and Corrie are on every night on Foxtel, in fact at the moment they are showing double episodes of Eastenders - maybe they are trying to catch up a bit seeings it's 2 years behind the UK. Am trying to wean myself off them both, as it means you spend half the evening watching telly. adelaidegirl
Old Jan 21st 2003, 1:46 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

After 6 months of "pay TV" we realised that they must only buy a few episodes of shows. After a few months everything is repeated time and time again, its almost as bad as the free to air TV. We still subscribe, deemed necessary to get the UK/US news or quite frankly we would be in the dark about world events. Only other show I watch is The Office, its just hilarious and only been shown once so far.

Still you can always watch the adverts. Frankly Australia should pass a law stopping small business owners dressing their kids up in recycled bridesmaids dresses, then having them tell us how great dads muffler stuffing business is in a cutesy wootesy voice that would make anyone chuck. 15 minutes of this every hour is enough to turn anyones telly off.
Old Jan 21st 2003, 2:08 am
Forum Regular

colind is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by dotty
After 6 months of "pay TV" we realised that they must only buy a few episodes of shows. After a few months everything is repeated time and time again, its almost as bad as the free to air TV. We still subscribe, deemed necessary to get the UK/US news or quite frankly we would be in the dark about world events. Only other show I watch is The Office, its just hilarious and only been shown once so far.

Still you can always watch the adverts. Frankly Australia should pass a law stopping small business owners dressing their kids up in recycled bridesmaids dresses, then having them tell us how great dads muffler stuffing business is in a cutesy wootesy voice that would make anyone chuck. 15 minutes of this every hour is enough to turn anyones telly off.
I think you're right, dotty, that must be what it is...I have started noticing that the repeats come around very quickly (e.g. Seinfeld, Frasier...they showed the same episode of Groundforce on Sunday as they did last night on Lifestyle...Friends for Dinner I think I have seen 3 of those episodes at least 3 times each!)

As for the adverts, well, unbelievable. Even my Spanish brother in law commented on how bad they are when he was here earlier in the month!