Reload this Page >

work visa and a 3 month limit question

work visa and a 3 month limit question

Old Jan 20th 2003, 1:36 am
BE Enthusiast

onlyme is an unknown quantity at this point
Default work visa and a 3 month limit question

Hello All,

A friend of mine has been banned from Australia for three years, because she said that she had worked for the same employer for 6 months on and off. She never once worked for a whole 3 months for that same employer, but instead did 6 week stints with that employer and went on holiday for the other times. I suppose she did work for more than a total of 3 months for that one employer if you add all the times together. Was the immigration officer right to ban her ?

Cheers for any advice.

Dave.
Old Jan 20th 2003, 12:38 pm
Just Joined

Allie is an unknown quantity at this point

I am currently on a wroking holiday visa and know that you must count each day that you work as part of the 3 months - whether or not you take a break between employment or not...i.e. if you worked 2 weeks in every month as soon as that total reaches 3 months you must stop working for that emplyer. It is very frustrating but unfortunately there is no way around it. Any other questions - please ask - I am the queen of WHV's! Hope you're friend is OK.....

Allie
Old Jan 21st 2003, 1:29 am
BE Enthusiast

onlyme is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Allie. Appreciate that....she is very upset indeed..as her boyfriend of 3 years is still in Oz !! It's a hell of a way to split up.

Thanks again.
Dave
Old Jan 21st 2003, 2:10 am
Forum Regular

sophiedb has a brilliant futuresophiedb has a brilliant futuresophiedb has a brilliant futuresophiedb has a brilliant futuresophiedb has a brilliant futuresophiedb has a brilliant futuresophiedb has a brilliant futuresophiedb has a brilliant future

the ironic thing is that the working holidaymakers get punished, but DIMIA haven't fined a company for employing WHVs for more than 3 months in over 6 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

some excuse about it not being easy to track hours and tax file numbers, which is a load of bullsh*t considering how closely most employers look at your timesheets

Soph