Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

East Riding of Yorkshire Peeps!!!!!!!!!!

East Riding of Yorkshire Peeps!!!!!!!!!!

Old Jan 21st 2008, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

Jox_co is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up East Riding of Yorkshire Peeps!!!!!!!!!!

Hi there,

Anyone out there from the East Coast - Bridlington or surrounding areas?????

Hubby and I and 2 kids (girls) 11 and 9 heading out to Perth WA???

Get in touch if you fancy getting together.... or share stories .....

Fingers crossed for May/June 08 ?!?!?!?!?!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 8:15 pm
Where's my visa?

cascrew has a brilliant futurecascrew has a brilliant futurecascrew has a brilliant futurecascrew has a brilliant futurecascrew has a brilliant futurecascrew has a brilliant future
Default Re: East Riding of Yorkshire Peeps!!!!!!!!!!

Hi, we're in West Yorkshire but have a caravan on east coast, back over soon, also have girls 11 & 9 but we're heading for Brissie. Wouldn't mind meeting up anytime after March 1st
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 6:14 am
Forum Regular

Smile Re: East Riding of Yorkshire Peeps!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by cascrew
Hi, we're in West Yorkshire but have a caravan on east coast, back over soon, also have girls 11 & 9 but we're heading for Brissie. Wouldn't mind meeting up anytime after March 1st

Hi there,

Sounds good, pm me when you are around and we can arrange something. Where are you from in West Yorks?? We are originally from Bradford, moved to Bridlington 5 years ago , now making the big step to Oz, can't wait!!
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 5:14 pm
Where's my visa?

cascrew has a brilliant futurecascrew has a brilliant futurecascrew has a brilliant futurecascrew has a brilliant futurecascrew has a brilliant futurecascrew has a brilliant future

we're in castleford, caravan in Aldborough, be around most weekends from 1st March, hopefully not for too long 'cos i want to be in sunny Oz verrrry soon
Old Feb 25th 2008, 12:14 pm
J-T
Just Joined

J-T is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi JOX_CO, we're in Driffield, left Bridlington almost 4 years ago!!! We're just starting the process at the moment. Just received copies of my OH's certificates for his qualifications this morning, so now we can contact VETACCESS. Will try and start that bit this evening when he gets home from work! Then hopefully 6 weeks later we can apply for our visas. I have a few relatives in Perth, so hoping to join them!

Have visited Queensland & Perth, but definately preferred Perth! (Saying that, we did stay at Surfers Paradise (the busy bit) the whole time we were in Queensland, so explains why WA was definately more relaxing)!!

Tracey
Old Feb 25th 2008, 1:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by J-T
Hi JOX_CO, we're in Driffield, left Bridlington almost 4 years ago!!! We're just starting the process at the moment. Just received copies of my OH's certificates for his qualifications this morning, so now we can contact VETACCESS. Will try and start that bit this evening when he gets home from work! Then hopefully 6 weeks later we can apply for our visas. I have a few relatives in Perth, so hoping to join them!

Have visited Queensland & Perth, but definately preferred Perth! (Saying that, we did stay at Surfers Paradise (the busy bit) the whole time we were in Queensland, so explains why WA was definately more relaxing)!!

Tracey

Hi there,

good to hear from someone a bit closer to home.

We got our visa 2 weeks ago, no house sale so planning rental now. Flights booked for 31st May 08 Perth here we come.

So much to do, I'm starting to panic a little.

Tell me more about you and your family, we are Jayne, Paul, Beth (11) and Katie (9). Heading for NOR but not sure where. Paul has job to start 1st July in Malaga.

Jayne
Old Feb 25th 2008, 1:22 pm
J-T
Just Joined

Hi, we're Tracey & Jonathan, I work from home running my own holiday letting business. Jon is a Residential Lettings & Property Manager. We have 4 children aged 9,8,4 & 3 and are applying under visa 475. My Grandfather has offered to act as a sponsor although we've heard conflicting info as to whether or not he is eligible to sponsor because of his postcode! But we've just scrapped enough points together if he can't. (we hope).

Failing that, we have agreed that if OH can't get a visa this way, we will try it the expensive way - I will apply as a student. My cousin did this 6 years ago and she says it was very difficult financially wise but she's glad she did it!

My family are located in Kewdale & Morley. We would like to be NOR as we like it up there, but if my grandfathers health is not too good when we get there we'll work around him if we can! (either by him moving in with us, or us trying to move near him).

What occupations do you have? Which visa did you apply for?
Old Feb 25th 2008, 1:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by J-T
Hi, we're Tracey & Jonathan, I work from home running my own holiday letting business. Jon is a Residential Lettings & Property Manager. We have 4 children aged 9,8,4 & 3 and are applying under visa 475. My Grandfather has offered to act as a sponsor although we've heard conflicting info as to whether or not he is eligible to sponsor because of his postcode! But we've just scrapped enough points together if he can't. (we hope).

Failing that, we have agreed that if OH can't get a visa this way, we will try it the expensive way - I will apply as a student. My cousin did this 6 years ago and she says it was very difficult financially wise but she's glad she did it!

My family are located in Kewdale & Morley. We would like to be NOR as we like it up there, but if my grandfathers health is not too good when we get there we'll work around him if we can! (either by him moving in with us, or us trying to move near him).

What occupations do you have? Which visa did you apply for?

Paul is an electrical engineer so going our on 136 MODL. I am a higher level teaching assistant in the local secondary school, but not sure if I want to carry on when we move. Depends if the schools are better than here!!

I've heard about Morley - what's it like?
Old Feb 25th 2008, 1:35 pm
J-T
Just Joined

Not sure what Morley is like, we didn't get chance to visit there. We stayed at my Grandads in Kewdale for some of the time when we were in Perth but most of the time we stayed in a rental at Currambine. My cousin's parents were and still are staying in a house at Mullaloo, so my cousin and family joined us at their house. We only saw my cousin once as she had been working away in the goldmines. My Aunt & Uncle go over every year staying for 6 months each time. Yet they have never moved there and have been visiting Oz for the last 30 odd years!! - Strange!! Saying that, they have just sold their house in th UK and are now talking about maybe moving over there!

Have you family out there??
Old Feb 25th 2008, 1:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by J-T
Not sure what Morley is like, we didn't get chance to visit there. We stayed at my Grandads in Kewdale for some of the time when we were in Perth but most of the time we stayed in a rental at Currambine. My cousin's parents were and still are staying in a house at Mullaloo, so my cousin and family joined us at their house. We only saw my cousin once as she had been working away in the goldmines. My Aunt & Uncle go over every year staying for 6 months each time. Yet they have never moved there and have been visiting Oz for the last 30 odd years!! - Strange!! Saying that, they have just sold their house in th UK and are now talking about maybe moving over there!

Have you family out there??

No, we have friends that went out last year, that's all. What an adventure. Our friends live at Hillarys at present.
Old Feb 25th 2008, 1:43 pm
J-T
Just Joined

Hillarys is nice! Went there a few times on our last visit. Hmmm, do like it NOR.

We'll have to get together for a cuppa sometime. Especially as you're only down the road!!

Bet your children can't wait to go! We haven't told ours yet that we're going to apply, they know we would like to go though! Our sons want to go, but our daughter who's the eldest doesn't want to leave her best friend behind! That's why we'd rather start the ball rolling now before she turns into a stroppy teenager!!
Old Feb 25th 2008, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by J-T
Hillarys is nice! Went there a few times on our last visit. Hmmm, do like it NOR.

We'll have to get together for a cuppa sometime. Especially as you're only down the road!!

Bet your children can't wait to go! We haven't told ours yet that we're going to apply, they know we would like to go though! Our sons want to go, but our daughter who's the eldest doesn't want to leave her best friend behind! That's why we'd rather start the ball rolling now before she turns into a stroppy teenager!!

Oh god, stroppy at 9! My 9 yr old can't wait to make new friends, Beth who is nearly 12 just wants to go and see her best friend who moved out last year. Both are really excited now!!!!!!!
Old Feb 25th 2008, 1:53 pm
J-T
Just Joined

No, she's not stroppy yet, just keep getting told by parents of teenagers what kids turn out like! Only joking. She's very mature and helpful, so I'm hoping she doesn't change! My 8 year old keeps saying he's moving out there when he's older anyway - so he'll be fine. Anyway, better go on the school run! Speak soon. Tracey
Old May 18th 2008, 7:25 am
Forum Regular

Carl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jox_co
Hi there,

Anyone out there from the East Coast - Bridlington or surrounding areas?????

Hubby and I and 2 kids (girls) 11 and 9 heading out to Perth WA???

Get in touch if you fancy getting together.... or share stories .....

Fingers crossed for May/June 08 ?!?!?!?!?!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all i am to in Bridlington and just awaiting our visa.
We are wanting to go to Brisbane cant wait
hope you get this and reply back
regards Carl
Old Jun 27th 2008, 3:02 pm
J-T
Just Joined

Thumbs down Re: East Riding of Yorkshire Peeps!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Carl England
Hi all i am to in Bridlington and just awaiting our visa.
We are wanting to go to Brisbane cant wait
hope you get this and reply back
regards Carl
Hi Carl,

WOW!! Another one from around here!!! I have friends that live a couple of streets away from us that are heading somewhere that way. Were initially looking at Sydney but are open to the idea of heading to Brisbane. They're hoping to go across next Aug to check out the areas. Unfortunately, my mate (although has been a teacher for years), only did 3 yrs at Uni instead of the required 4, so isn't eligible to apply for her visa just yet).

What stage are you at? We're now heading under the business category, but holding back applying until the end of next year!

Tracey

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.