Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

East Coast Car Rentals

East Coast Car Rentals

Old Oct 18th 2006, 11:40 am
Forum Regular

fluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud of
Default East Coast Car Rentals

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has had any bad experiences with this car rental company please?

My parents have just been over from UK and we had booked a 8 seater with them for 3 weeks and after a week it broke down, we had full insurance with them yet basically they wouldnt replace it with another 8 seater without us paying another few hundred dollars. The attitude of the staff was appauling on several occasions.

Thanks
Marie
Old Oct 18th 2006, 1:06 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: East Coast Car Rentals

Originally Posted by fluffy1
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has had any bad experiences with this car rental company please?

My parents have just been over from UK and we had booked a 8 seater with them for 3 weeks and after a week it broke down, we had full insurance with them yet basically they wouldnt replace it with another 8 seater without us paying another few hundred dollars. The attitude of the staff was appauling on several occasions.

Thanks
Marie
We had great service from them. Were really pleased to be honest. I guess with every business there has to be an unlucky customer unfortunately, just sorry it was you. I'd definitely complain to the top.
Old Oct 19th 2006, 1:14 am
Happy go Lucky

branlor5 will become famous soon enoughbranlor5 will become famous soon enough

Hi mate ,

I am the same ,everything went great when i use them ,i think you were just unlucky ...

I would definitely complain mate .....
Old Oct 19th 2006, 9:27 pm
Forum Regular

JAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fluffy1
Hi,

Thanks
Marie
Hi Marie,

I think that this is one of the companies where if nothing goes wrong then you had good service, but when something does go wrong then you get to know their level of customer service.

We hired a car long term when we arrived in November through to January which was peak season so when we bought a car in december i decided to check whether they would be interested in taking the car back early for a refund as it was the busiest time. They said no at first on the phone and it does say they dont do refunds on the form but when I said, ok we will bring it back on the right day ... the guy told me to hold on and came back and told me that they could give me a refund and actually quoted the amount.

Long story short we returned the car, didnt get a refund and although I tried and tried to complain and argue the point (on principle) I didnt get anywhere so what can you do except write it off as your first bad experience in Oz.

Dont think you would get anywhere if you did complain, but maybe its worth a try.
Julia
Old Oct 20th 2006, 5:32 am
BE Enthusiast

midwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to all

Hiya,
We used them with no problems too!
Tanya

Originally Posted by JAYMAC
Hi Marie,

I think that this is one of the companies where if nothing goes wrong then you had good service, but when something does go wrong then you get to know their level of customer service.

We hired a car long term when we arrived in November through to January which was peak season so when we bought a car in december i decided to check whether they would be interested in taking the car back early for a refund as it was the busiest time. They said no at first on the phone and it does say they dont do refunds on the form but when I said, ok we will bring it back on the right day ... the guy told me to hold on and came back and told me that they could give me a refund and actually quoted the amount.

Long story short we returned the car, didnt get a refund and although I tried and tried to complain and argue the point (on principle) I didnt get anywhere so what can you do except write it off as your first bad experience in Oz.

Dont think you would get anywhere if you did complain, but maybe its worth a try.
Julia
Old Oct 20th 2006, 9:49 pm
Forum Regular

fluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud offluffy1 has much to be proud of

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your replies, looks like is is just me and Julia that have had bad experiences, which is surprising as when we were in the office the guy was actually being very rude and arrogant to another unsatisfied customer on the phone. When we complained to them they just said that we werent the only ones who werent happy, they were unhappy as well as we wouldnt pay the extra $400 for another 8 seater.

--------------------

Anyway needless to say we wont be using them again as what they say on the phone is definately not what they stick to when your their and the most annoying thing is that there is absolutely nothing you can do about it, I wont be recommending them to anyone and as Julia says I doubt there would be any point in putting in a formal complaint as there attitude is that they dont care whatsoever.

Marie

Last edited by Pollyana; Oct 23rd 2006 at 1:37 am. Reason: Details removed at OPs request