Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is it easier to get a licence in the UK or Australia?

Is it easier to get a licence in the UK or Australia?

Old Jul 2nd 2007, 6:11 pm
bev
Forum Regular

bev is a jewel in the roughbev is a jewel in the roughbev is a jewel in the roughbev is a jewel in the roughbev is a jewel in the rough
Default Is it easier to get a licence in the UK or Australia?

My son wants a provisional licence for a 50cc motorbike in Australia when he is 16. We're moving to WA and he wants to know if its easier to get one here or down under. Thanks!
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 1:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Phoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Is it easier to get a licence in the UK or Australia?

In the UK at 16 you are required to do a CBT to be able to ride on 50cc moped with l plates.
As far as i'm aware here - you just need to complete the computer theory test, pass that, smiple eye test and get issued a learners permit to ride on l plates on a moped.

Here : http://www.dpi.wa.gov.au/mediaFiles/lic_motorcycle4.pdf

My daughter has just done hers - there is an online trial test for the theory test that you can practice on on dpi website, easy really

Just make sure he takes all relevent info with him including bank card with signature and a letter of consent from yourselves as he's under 18.

HTH.
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 1:52 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Phoenix
In the UK at 16 you are required to do a CBT to be able to ride on 50cc moped with l plates.
As far as i'm aware here - you just need to complete the computer theory test, pass that, smiple eye test and get issued a learners permit to ride on l plates on a moped.

Here : http://www.dpi.wa.gov.au/mediaFiles/lic_motorcycle4.pdf

My daughter has just done hers - there is an online trial test for the theory test that you can practice on on dpi website, easy really

Just make sure he takes all relevent info with him including bank card with signature and a letter of consent from yourselves as he's under 18.

HTH.
Don't you have to drive around with P plates for years after your test?
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 2:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Phoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Don't you have to drive around with P plates for years after your test?
P Plates - yes - after you have taken an driving assessment. But you don't need to take an assessment til you're ready to. Similar to driving test.

L Plates till then