Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Earls Court Ecosystem Worry

Earls Court Ecosystem Worry

Old Oct 30th 2004, 2:23 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold
Default Earls Court Ecosystem Worry

Just an idle thought ... is this a record for the number of Australians (or prospective Aussies) gathered in one place? When you take into account population density, anyway.

Last time I was in Earls Court there wasn't an exhibition on and there seemed to be a fair few kicking around ... will this exhibition push the local eco-system over the edge?

Have the lager producers got contingency plans to handle this?

Disclaimer - Forgive me, it is the weekend, I am at a loose end and this is meant totally tongue-in-cheek
Old Oct 30th 2004, 3:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Earls Court Ecosystem Worry

Originally Posted by Deadmeat
Just an idle thought ... is this a record for the number of Australians (or prospective Aussies) gathered in one place? When you take into account population density, anyway.

Last time I was in Earls Court there wasn't an exhibition on and there seemed to be a fair few kicking around ... will this exhibition push the local eco-system over the edge?

Have the lager producers got contingency plans to handle this?

Disclaimer - Forgive me, it is the weekend, I am at a loose end and this is meant totally tongue-in-cheek
I was wondering myself why people were paying to go into an Expo at Earls Court to talk to Australians about Australia, when instead they could just head to a local bar and talk to the barmen - at least you get a pint when you hand your money over
Old Oct 30th 2004, 3:36 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by HiddenPaw
I was wondering myself why people were paying to go into an Expo at Earls Court to talk to Australians about Australia, when instead they could just head to a local bar and talk to the barmen - at least you get a pint when you hand your money over
Maybe it is actually just a huge wheeze dreamt-up by the local landlords.

I can imagine the scene, get in the front door and all you see is Aussie Rules playing on a huge TV and a huge pile of backpacks in the corner.
Old Oct 30th 2004, 3:53 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HiddenPaw

You need to do both - get both points of view - Expo - yeh come it's great, sun shines, no crime, loads of jobs etc. Then the pub - Sod Aus what would you want to go there for, why do you think I am working here
Old Oct 30th 2004, 4:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
You need to do both - get both points of view - Expo - yeh come it's great, sun shines, no crime, loads of jobs etc. Then the pub - Sod Aus what would you want to go there for, why do you think I am working here
LOL - ah, balance, of course

thing is, the Aussies in the pub will also tell you that Australia is the best place on earth!! (can't knock 'em too much for their national pride tho!)
Old Oct 30th 2004, 4:45 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

If you want a real Aussie pub head to the 'Prince of Tec' on Earls Court Road (turn left out of the tube station). It's one of the original Aussie pubs in London & it's a good one.