Reload this Page >

The eagle has landed :)

The eagle has landed :)

Old Sep 8th 2010, 10:55 am
Just Joined

Monkey_boy is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking The eagle has landed :)

Hello all,

I landed in Melbourne last night feeling surprisingly refreshed considering I didn't sleep on the flight over. Didn't wake up until 14:00 this afternoon though lol. The reset button has been pushed, so I should be working in the correct timezone now The office sent a driver to pick me up from the airport and chauffeur me to my apartment, which made me feel quite special. The drive into the city at night is breathtaking. The views of the city all lit up are simply amazing. I'm used to Swindon, so you can probably imagine my excitement.

I had a wander around the CBD this afternoon to get my bearings which started a flood of memories of the last time I was here (2003). Walked back from town past the office, about a 20-25 min walk, and then into South Yarra and Prahan. Even on a Wednesday night it feels pretty lively on Chapel St!

Got a few things to sort out asap such as mobile phone, gym membership and a mains power plug adaptor (urgent). Everything else can wait

Feels good to be here even though I don't know anyone yet. I'm not one for going to a pub/club on my own, so if anyone would like to meet up for one or two I'm game

I'm staying in Windsor at the moment, but will be looking to find a furnished apartment in the St Kilda or Prahan area until my stuff from the UK arrives.

Take care everyone and perhaps I'll get to meet some of you soon.

Jez
Old Sep 8th 2010, 8:41 pm
Forum Regular

sbrock11 is just really nicesbrock11 is just really nicesbrock11 is just really nicesbrock11 is just really nicesbrock11 is just really nicesbrock11 is just really nicesbrock11 is just really nicesbrock11 is just really nice
Default Re: The eagle has landed :)

hey monkey boy. glad your having a good time! whats melbourne like? im hoping to move there in the new year, never been before though and i see you've been before so thought i should ask you

hope all is going well!

steph