e-tax

Old Jul 30th 2007, 10:52 pm
Forum Regular

BayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud of
Default e-tax

I was wondering how many people have used e-tax.

If you live and work in Australia you have to lodge a tax return each year and for an individual taxpayer e-tax is the easiest and cheapest way to go.

You go to the tax office website and download the e-tax software

http://www.ato.gov.au/individuals/pa...pc=001/002/014

The e-tax software takes you through a yes/no interview and you put in the information required. At the end it tells you what your refund/liability is and when you have it all right you can then lodge the return.

I've been using it ever since it started and I'm a greatgrandma so anyone can do it.
Old Jul 30th 2007, 11:31 pm

gedge has disabled reputation
Default Re: e-tax

Originally Posted by BayWhale
I was wondering how many people have used e-tax.

If you live and work in Australia you have to lodge a tax return each year and for an individual taxpayer e-tax is the easiest and cheapest way to go.

You go to the tax office website and download the e-tax software

http://www.ato.gov.au/individuals/pa...pc=001/002/014

The e-tax software takes you through a yes/no interview and you put in the information required. At the end it tells you what your refund/liability is and when you have it all right you can then lodge the return.

I've been using it ever since it started and I'm a greatgrandma so anyone can do it.
i've used it every year since i first got here
my first contract had a tax agent as part of the deal... he was hopeless i got a better deal doing my own
Old Jul 30th 2007, 11:45 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

I do hubbys evey year its a doddle.....infact I better get it done lol
Old Jul 31st 2007, 12:09 am
ljj
BE Enthusiast

ljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of light

Anyone know what things you can claim for as standard? I only found out last year (after already lodging my etax) that I can claim $300 for dry cleaning of uniform without needing receipts.

Any other gems that I should know about?

LJJ
Old Jul 31st 2007, 3:40 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ljj
Anyone know what things you can claim for as standard? I only found out last year (after already lodging my etax) that I can claim $300 for dry cleaning of uniform without needing receipts.

LJJ
I use it all the time, easy and straightforward.
Old Jul 31st 2007, 6:50 am
BE Enthusiast

auspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ljj

LJJ
depends what your job is, ie if you work outdoors you can claim sunglasses, hat, sunscreen etc.

You can claim bank charges that relate to having your wage paid in and subsequent withdrawals etc

If your work related claims come to more than $300 though you need to be able to produce receipts.
Old Jul 31st 2007, 7:48 am
BE Forum Addict

donna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to behold

You can also claim for sat navs for the car.
donna
Old Jul 31st 2007, 8:00 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by gedge
i've used it every year since i first got here
my first contract had a tax agent as part of the deal... he was hopeless i got a better deal doing my own
Hiya Gedge

Just looking at your new "location" ......... surely you don't have either of those things in Avalonia

Regards

Jim Jim
Old Jul 31st 2007, 8:47 am
Forum Regular

UGLY BETTY is just really niceUGLY BETTY is just really niceUGLY BETTY is just really niceUGLY BETTY is just really niceUGLY BETTY is just really niceUGLY BETTY is just really niceUGLY BETTY is just really niceUGLY BETTY is just really nice

Originally Posted by donna
You can also claim for sat navs for the car.
donna
how did you find that one!!!!
Old Jul 31st 2007, 9:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Gjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ljj

LJJ
$200 charitable donations
Old Jul 31st 2007, 10:41 am
BE Enthusiast

njk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of light

I've done my first return using etax, seems pretty simple and was easy to use.
I haven't lodged yet just incase I find something else to claim for.
On the tax website, there are booklets explaining what you can claim for in each industry, quite useful.
Old Jul 31st 2007, 10:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

donna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by UGLY BETTY
how did you find that one!!!!
A friend has to use his car for travelling around for jobs and has just claimed.Im just crap at map reading,do you think they will take that as a need and make it tax deductable?No i will put it on OH and just make out he is crap on directions.
Old Jul 31st 2007, 10:31 pm
Suncream, I need suncream

northerner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond repute

We've just done both of ours using e-tax - got $3800 back between us no problem.

We've only been here 9 months so that went some way to explain it but we claimed for 2 laptop computers used for work (depretiation), suncream, sunglasses, safety footware for me (I go on building sites) and the biggy - claiming km's for using your car for work. If you go to meetings/sites etc you can claim up to 5000km a year and they won't even bother to check. You claim around 60 odd cents a km for a 'normal' sized car engine. You can do the maths....

Graham
Old Jul 31st 2007, 10:36 pm
Forum Regular

UGLY BETTY is just really niceUGLY BETTY is just really niceUGLY BETTY is just really niceUGLY BETTY is just really niceUGLY BETTY is just really niceUGLY BETTY is just really niceUGLY BETTY is just really niceUGLY BETTY is just really nice

Originally Posted by donna
A friend has to use his car for travelling around for jobs and has just claimed.Im just crap at map reading,do you think they will take that as a need and make it tax deductable?No i will put it on OH and just make out he is crap on directions.
well we know what the others are like..........well mine is bloody useless!!!
Old Jul 31st 2007, 10:45 pm

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Jimclevs
Hiya Gedge

Just looking at your new "location" ......... surely you don't have either of those things in Avalonia

Regards

Jim Jim
eyup Jim Jim, long time
but we do have those things here, i put them on my tax return

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.