e-mail accounts

Old Apr 27th 2011, 12:05 am
Just Joined

fishyface is a jewel in the roughfishyface is a jewel in the roughfishyface is a jewel in the roughfishyface is a jewel in the roughfishyface is a jewel in the rough
Default e-mail accounts

Hi, We're moving to Oz next week, hurrah, I use Sky as my e-mail now as have tv etc with them. Not sure if I'll be able to use sky address if they not getting any £££'s off us.

Who shal I go to for e-mail in Oz please??

It's a daft question i just can't make sense of it which is silly considering the big stuff going on now......

similar questions of Mobiles also. need help with...bring new phone from uk and/or get new contract with oz company.?/
thanks
Old Apr 27th 2011, 12:37 am
Rhino with a big horn!

Rambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: e-mail accounts

I'd start with one of the generic ones like gmail or hotmail. There is a possibility that your first service provider may not be your last.
Old Apr 27th 2011, 12:53 am
Melbourne - NE suburbs

DownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rambi
I'd start with one of the generic ones like gmail or hotmail. There is a possibility that your first service provider may not be your last.
...and take the opportunity to register your own domain name (with email forwarding to whatever provider you happen to use) to allow transparent and seamless switching from this point on.

Just $30 a year, then you will never have to worry about changing your email address again.

e.g.
http://www.domaincentral.com.au/gett...email-address/
Old Apr 27th 2011, 2:07 am
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DownUnderPaddy
Just $30 a year, then you will never have to worry about changing your email address again.

e.g.
http://www.domaincentral.com.au/gett...email-address/
You can get domain & email forwarding for less than that if you want. Cheap as chips nowadays.

For the generic, web-based email I would suggest gmail. Don't know why so many people rely on their ISP email.
Old Apr 27th 2011, 2:18 am
Melbourne - NE suburbs

DownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by roaringmouse
You can get domain & email forwarding for less than that if you want. Cheap as chips nowadays.
Very true, here's an alternative.
http://www.cheapdomain.com/
Old Apr 27th 2011, 5:45 am
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DownUnderPaddy
Very true, here's an alternative.
http://www.cheapdomain.com/
They're a reseller of Wild West Domains, which in turn is part of GoDaddy.com - can tell straight away looking at their site!
Old Apr 27th 2011, 5:46 am
Melbourne - NE suburbs

Originally Posted by roaringmouse
They're a reseller of Wild West Domains, which in turn is part of GoDaddy.com - can tell straight away looking at their site!
Correct.
http://www.networksolutions.com/whoi...heapdomain.com

...but like you said, cheap as chips, right
Old Apr 27th 2011, 6:17 am
BE Enthusiast

mvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to all

Originally Posted by fishyface
similar questions of Mobiles also. need help with...bring new phone from uk and/or get new contract with oz company.?/
thanks
If your phone is modern then you should have no problem getting a payg sim card. Just make sure that the phone is unlocked before you go although you can get it done in Oz.

For cheap payg do a search on here. I went with just mobile.
Old Apr 28th 2011, 9:47 am
Banned

knowlton is on a distinguished road

Gmail or GMX are good bets