E-Cigarettes

Old Feb 26th 2015, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

jondon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default E-Cigarettes

Hi all,

My mum and partner are coming to visit next week from the UK. They both smoke E-Cigs. Are they legal to bring into NSW (Sydney)? It looks like they're illegal to sell here. But I think you might be able to bring them in for personal consumption as long as they don't make any "therapeutic" claims (??)

Anyone know for sure?

Cheers.
JD
Old Feb 26th 2015, 8:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: E-Cigarettes

The pipe can be bought at any tobacconist but not the nicotine juice.

Just get them to bring the juice.

No idea what happens if they search the bag. Probably just take it from them unless its classed as an illegal drug.
Old Feb 26th 2015, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

annier has a brilliant futureannier has a brilliant futureannier has a brilliant futureannier has a brilliant futureannier has a brilliant futureannier has a brilliant futureannier has a brilliant future

Be careful at the airport, we got stopped at the airport when one of our friends had one with him and they said not allowed on the planes because if the battery type in them so had them confiscated , I bought one online here only took 2 days to get to Queensland from Melbourne .
Old Feb 26th 2015, 10:05 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annier
Be careful at the airport, we got stopped at the airport when one of our friends had one with him and they said not allowed on the planes because if the battery type in them so had them confiscated , I bought one online here only took 2 days to get to Queensland from Melbourne .

The shop next to my work in Milson's Point sells them...

S
Old Feb 27th 2015, 10:50 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
The pipe can be bought at any tobacconist but not the nicotine juice.

Just get them to bring the juice.

No idea what happens if they search the bag. Probably just take it from them unless its classed as an illegal drug.
Interesting. A couple of guys at the Bathurst 12 hour had them and they are local (ie from NSW)....so must be no problem getting the stuff that makes them work here.
Old Feb 27th 2015, 8:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

I've never seen the juice in NSW. Can you get the juice from other states? I know people who order it in online from the US. I was in the US a few weeks back. They sell the juice everywhere. I just popped a couple of pots in the bag.
Old Feb 27th 2015, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

annier has a brilliant futureannier has a brilliant futureannier has a brilliant futureannier has a brilliant futureannier has a brilliant futureannier has a brilliant futureannier has a brilliant future

I got my juice online from Melbourne
Old Feb 28th 2015, 1:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

I've heard that those things are just as bad for you as the real fags.
Old Feb 28th 2015, 7:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I got my juice online from Melbourne
With Nicotine?
Old Feb 28th 2015, 7:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
I've heard that those things are just as bad for you as the real fags.
They may be, but I'd like to see the medical evidence on that.
Old Feb 28th 2015, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

Didn't use them in the end, just decided when they went up in price again that was it, walked out of the shop and said to myself I'm never buying another packet again, that was last September after 51 years of smoking, hard but worth it, feel better for it,
Old Mar 1st 2015, 10:31 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't use them in the end, just decided when they went up in price again that was it, walked out of the shop and said to myself I'm never buying another packet again, that was last September after 51 years of smoking, hard but worth it, feel better for it,
Good for you! As one who gets a burning mouth and throat when someone smokes tens of yards away the more who do what you did the better.

FWIW as I understand it the carcinogens etc in tobacco smoke are not the nicotiniods but associated with the tars. The jury is out on the effects of the "juice" but it may be harmless in moderate quantities: the jury on tobacco gave its verdict decades ago - in Germany, before the war!
Old Mar 1st 2015, 10:44 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wol
Good for you! As one who gets a burning mouth and throat when someone smokes tens of yards away the more who do what you did the better.

FWIW as I understand it the carcinogens etc in tobacco smoke are not the nicotiniods but associated with the tars. The jury is out on the effects of the "juice" but it may be harmless in moderate quantities: the jury on tobacco gave its verdict decades ago - in Germany, before the war!

Yeah, this is very true - The additive chemicals that are put into the tobacco are significantly more harmful that the nicotine on its own. But it's largely the nicotine that is habit forming when inhaled.

S
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 1:49 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Absolutely. All the same a nicotine perfusion is a very effective insecticide when sprayed on roses!
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 2:26 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wol
Absolutely. All the same a nicotine perfusion is a very effective insecticide when sprayed on roses!
Apparently nicotine in plants is an evolutionary development of a natural insecticide, as is caffeine. Consuming insecticides, whether natural or not, is unlikely to have overall health benefits.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.