Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Dyson and other electricals

Dyson and other electricals

Old May 19th 2010, 7:43 am
Forum Regular

BriBri UK is just really niceBriBri UK is just really niceBriBri UK is just really niceBriBri UK is just really niceBriBri UK is just really niceBriBri UK is just really niceBriBri UK is just really niceBriBri UK is just really niceBriBri UK is just really nice
Default Re: Dyson and other electricals

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
We bought out a brand new Dyson in it's original box. A lot more money here sadly. Electricals are expensive here so if you have room in the container bring what you can. Only thing I wouldn't bother with would be a brand new fridge/freezer but if you have an old one then bring it, always useful to have two.
Hi Moneypenny,

Why in particular would you not bother bringing new fridge freezer are they equivalent price or different in some way??
Old May 19th 2010, 7:47 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

We weren't and I've not heard of anyone on here who ever has been. Customs and AQIS are only interested in quantities of the same item not one that is most likely for personal use. I imagine if you were to bring 5 over, they'd take an interest though.
Call me silly and ignorant (and you will) but wouldn't a vacuum cleaner need to be specially cleaned (I realise the wierdness) before it was let in ... y'know bugs and all that?

(edit) <Google> Ah, all it says is make sure they are thoroughly cleaned ... the things you learn ...

Last edited by DeadVim; May 19th 2010 at 7:49 am.
Old May 19th 2010, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

BriBri UK is just really niceBriBri UK is just really niceBriBri UK is just really niceBriBri UK is just really niceBriBri UK is just really niceBriBri UK is just really niceBriBri UK is just really niceBriBri UK is just really niceBriBri UK is just really nice

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Call me silly and ignorant (and you will) but wouldn't a vacuum cleaner need to be specially cleaned (I realise the wierdness) before it was let in ... y'know bugs and all that?

(edit) <Google> Ah, all it says is make sure they are thoroughly cleaned ... the things you learn ...
Not if it's new
Old May 19th 2010, 9:38 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BriBri UK
Not if it's new
Fair point, one day I'll learn to read threads properly
Old May 20th 2010, 8:54 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Fair point, one day I'll learn to read threads properly
Why change the habit of a lifetime?
Old May 20th 2010, 10:35 am
Mostly Harmless

Why change the habit of a lifetime?
It's a lifetime not a lunchtime.

Silly sod.
Old May 20th 2010, 11:11 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

It's a lifetime not a lunchtime.

Silly sod.
Bully.
Old May 20th 2010, 8:41 pm
Mostly Harmless

Bully.
Can't beat a bit of Bully ... "In One ..."
Old May 21st 2010, 6:40 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Can't beat a bit of Bully ... "In One ..."
Let's rub your nose in what you would have won
Old May 21st 2010, 6:44 am
Forum Regular

direct2dubai is a jewel in the roughdirect2dubai is a jewel in the roughdirect2dubai is a jewel in the roughdirect2dubai is a jewel in the roughdirect2dubai is a jewel in the rough

Is it better to change the plugs before moving out to Oz?
Old May 21st 2010, 6:54 am
Back to WA! Yay!

mark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by direct2dubai
Not really - you cant them very easily abroad
Old May 21st 2010, 8:04 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by direct2dubai
Can you get Australian plugs overseas?
Old May 21st 2010, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

Can you get Australian plugs overseas?
I haven't seen any but if you can I'd certainly get some.
Anybody know????
Old May 21st 2010, 9:37 am
Crazy Cat Lady

I've never seen them in the UK and certainly never seen British ones here because why would you? You can get the travel adaptors. It's sort of like wanting to spend Australian Dollars in the UK, it wouldn't get you very far.
Old May 21st 2010, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

Sushimania will become famous soon enoughSushimania will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by BriBri UK
I haven't seen any but if you can I'd certainly get some.
Anybody know????
You can get Australian plugs/adapters from www.Korjo.com website. They are quite expensive, but good quality apparently.