dvd recorder

Old May 28th 2006, 8:06 am
Forum Regular

rangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud of
Default dvd recorder

Hi I have a English TV which works with a digital receiver and I get a good picture, I have just bought a DVD recorder and when I record something off the TV the picture quality is poor, which is bl##dy annoying, any ideas, Paul.
Old May 28th 2006, 8:12 am
BE Enthusiast

john_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: dvd recorder

Originally Posted by rangersman
Hi I have a English TV which works with a digital receiver and I get a good picture, I have just bought a DVD recorder and when I record something off the TV the picture quality is poor, which is bl##dy annoying, any ideas, Paul.
Are you splitting your incoming signal between the recorder and the tv or going through the decoder-then through the recorder -then through to the tv?
Old May 28th 2006, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

rangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud ofrangersman has much to be proud of

going through the receiver then into the recorder then into tv
Old May 28th 2006, 8:33 am
BE Enthusiast

john_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond repute

going through the receiver then into the recorder then into tv
Oh well thats my theory gone then!! How about the AV chanel your playing back on or the scart lead?
Old May 28th 2006, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

Mrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of light

My husband doesn't understand, what do you mean?
Old May 28th 2006, 8:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mrs Rangersman
My husband doesn't understand, what do you mean?
Try changing the scart lead form your recorder to the tv, also unplug all the other stuff going into the tv just to make sure nothing else is interfering with the chanel your recorder is playing onto,if your burning onto dvd try playing it in your pc just to see what the quality is like.
Old May 28th 2006, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

Mrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of light

Paul says thanks, he will let you know how it goes.
Old May 28th 2006, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

SCooper has much to be proud ofSCooper has much to be proud ofSCooper has much to be proud ofSCooper has much to be proud ofSCooper has much to be proud ofSCooper has much to be proud ofSCooper has much to be proud ofSCooper has much to be proud ofSCooper has much to be proud ofSCooper has much to be proud ofSCooper has much to be proud of

Hi Hun

Check what record speed you are running at, it very often makes a big difference to the picture quality.

Hope this helps

SCooper
x
Old May 28th 2006, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

thanks i will have a look, Paul
Old May 28th 2006, 11:02 am
BE Enthusiast

geordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond repute

If your tv has a scart connection you will have a problem.Should be connected through standard oz RCA plugs,yellow is video and red/white or black are audio.From set top box use RCA to DVD recorder ,audio out video out ,to audio in video in.from DVD recorder to tv same ,out on DVD to in on tv . If your tv only has scart then you need an octopus,from memory it is PBY and video and audio are connected to the scart,so you have 6 or 7 Rca connections on one end and scart on the other to go into the TV.They are not very compatable systems.The dvd recorder may record perfectly well but not put the signal to the tv,try a recorded dvd on a computer or dvd player that you know works.
Old May 28th 2006, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

alrobson will become famous soon enoughalrobson will become famous soon enough

How are you connecting you set top box to your dvd recorder? If you are using the yellow (picture only) connector then the picture quality isn't great - you will need the red and white lead connected to get sound. Component leads are much better (this is 3 cables broken down into red,green,blue and carries picture only) but tend to exist on more expensive equipment. You are restricted by what connectors you have on you equipment. Always try to connect at the best quality. It's quite common for people to shell out quite a bit of money on a tv and then connect it with $10 cables.

What is the name of your tv, dvd recorder and set top box (including model). I might be able to find out what connectors are on each and advise accordingly.

Good luck!!
Old May 28th 2006, 2:50 pm
Livin it large

Mctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant future

Have you tried reading the manual?

Most DVD recorders come with different quality settings for recording. At the highest (best) you can typically get only 1 hour of recording on to a DVD. Maybe you have it on the lowest setting?